Sign in to follow this  
Lackman

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Offseason Thread***

WOW, I am in shock over this. Never thought that would actually happen.

We sure like to bring in the Vikings.

We got our playmaker at wide now! :) I thought it would be with the 25th pick anyway, so I guess this move makes just as much sense. SB run for sure now.

Hope he can stay healthy for years to come though?

Great move. Now we load up on pass rush! :banana: :headbanger: :pointstosky:

Yep, I agree! It's really our only hole now. Load m up!

Maybe a TE.

I still have hope for Irvin too though so I don't think we are horiable there. Clemmons hopefully will come back well.

Also, I feel our DT's really struggled last year, to where they were stong the year before that. So maybe, guy's like Red Bryant bounce back.

We will be crazy scary good on Offense now. And then once we get the lead, they will have to throw against our great corners.

Big, risky, ballsy move. Price was a little steep and that will be a lot of money locked up with Rice, Harvin and Miller.

But holy fock, we can score with just about anybody now. :shocking:

Also, not much of a talent drop of from the 25th to our 2nd round pick. I'm a little more miffed we're giving them a mid rounder next year, that's Schneider's sweet spot! Also, the migraines haven't been a problem in two years.

Big, risky, ballsy move. Price was a little steep and that will be a lot of money locked up with Rice, Harvin and Miller.

Also, not much of a talent drop of from the 25th to our 2nd round pick. I'm a little more miffed we're giving them a mid rounder next year, that's Schneider's sweet spot! Also, the migraines haven't been a problem in two years.

I think we would have taken WR at #25 anyway.... Or I would have at least.

I like the next tier DT's better then the top also. Have not done DE's, but from what I've heard it's the same thing.

I agree about the mid round pick next year. That's the worse part of this trade in my view maybe too.

(Possibly the contract if he want's huge money like Calvin. I don't think he'll get that though)

BUT, I bet we trade M. Flynn for that mid round pick back. (Either this year or next) - I'm pretty sure that will happen at some point.

Huge move by Seattle. Probably the best skill player on the market. I don't think the late 1st is too high. Harvin is only 24, and I'd rather have him than some unknown rookie talent like Hunter or Austin at 1.25. Which is probably what the Vikes will do with one of their first rounders.

Seattle definitely needs to clear that cap space Flynn is eating now. What's it at like 5 mil?

Huge move by Seattle. Probably the best skill player on the market. I don't think the late 1st is too high. Harvin is only 24, and I'd rather have him than some unknown rookie talent like Hunter or Austin at 1.25. Which is probably what the Vikes will do with one of their first rounders.

Seattle definitely needs to clear that cap space Flynn is eating now. What's it at like 5 mil?

Nah, they can still keep Flynn (although they would prefer to trade him). Cutting Obomanu and Washington frees up almost 6 million.

I think we would have taken WR at #25 anyway.... Or I would have at least.

I like the next tier DT's better then the top also. Have not done DE's, but from what I've heard it's the same thing.

Or PC & JS feel that Greg Sruggs and Jay Howard will develop in year 2. Howard can play the 3-tech and he was coached and recommended to Seattle by then DC of Florida and current Seahawk DC Dan Quinn.

Big Balls Pete! ;) Well, the SB window officially opened last year. Time to make the run. This move defintely made with that in mind. PC & JS have shown they can turn mid round picks into gold (Chancellor, Sherman, Turbin, etc...)so losing the 25th pick not a killer (heck they took James Carpenter at 25 last time--at least this saves Phillybear a first round stroke B) )

Big Balls Pete! ;) Well, the SB window officially opened last year. Time to make the run. This move defintely made with that in mind. PC & JS have shown they can turn mid round picks into gold (Chancellor, Sherman, Turbin, etc...)so losing the 25th pick not a killer (heck they took James Carpenter at 25 last time--at least this saves Phillybear a first round stroke B) )

I'm watching Harvin highlight Youtube clips right now, fantasizing about all the different ways we can use Wilson, Harvin, Lynch, Rice, Tate and Miller together in our offense.

The worst part about this trade is waiting around 5 months to see the product on the field!! :banana:

I'm watching Harvin highlight Youtube clips right now, fantasizing about all the different ways we can use Wilson, Harvin, Lynch, Rice, Tate and Miller together in our offense.

The worst part about this trade is waiting around 5 months to see the product on the field!! :banana:

The read zone option just got a new toy :thumbsup:

Or PC & JS feel that Greg Sruggs and Jay Howard will develop in year 2. Howard can play the 3-tech and he was coached and recommended to Seattle by then DC of Florida and current Seahawk DC Dan Quinn.

Yeah, good point. I did like Howard a bit myself. Plus Irvin year 2 could be even better.

I agree, this move equals a SB run. Plus we already have a lot of young guy's. I wouldn't even be surprised if we packaged up more picks to move back up.

Impact players rather then quantity this year I think is the statement. We just made our WR's among the best out ther. Hopefully they can all stay on the field. But the depth, will help everybody.

Yeah, good point. I did like Howard a bit myself. Plus Irvin year 2 could be even better.

I agree, this move equals a SB run. Plus we already have a lot of young guy's. I wouldn't even be surprised if we packaged up more picks to move back up.

Impact players rather then quantity this year I think is the statement. We just made our WR's among the best out ther. Hopefully they can all stay on the field. But the depth, will help everybody.

It's funny last September we were all questioning the quality of the WR core and Wilson. Today everyone in the media keeps talking about how stacked the Hawks are. Gotta love it. :headbanger:

AP not happy:

Adrian Peterson ‏@AdrianPeterson

The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!

I'm wondering if the Tate experiment will be over with after this year.

Harvin,Tate and Baldwin will all be free agents next year. I'd rather lock up Harvin and Baldwin.

Releasing Miller and Flynn would free up alot of money also, assuming we can get a TE and a backup QB.

Gonna be an interesting couple weeks.

My guess at Dline is Branch gets resigned, and we make a run after the kid from the Raiders.

Cable has been talking him up lately.

Just read Leon Washington is on the trade block. Think he's making almost 3 mil a year as the #3 RB.

Makes me now think Carroll will want to keep all 4 recievers long term.

Harvin and Tate both back there to return kickoffs is very intriging.

Funny how the division that sends below .500 teams to the playoffs (and wins playoff games anyway) is now the destination of the yellow brick road which the NFL title is likely going to have to travel through. Seattle vs San Francisco. USA vs USSR. The Cold War. Hey, I'm not dissing you St Louis, but you aren't going to get the hype. This offseason, anyway. How much sweeter is the Harvin deal knowing, just deep down, knowing for a fact, Seattle outbid San Fran for Harvin. Hours after the deal is announced, San Fran pulls the trigger on their plan B. How much, much sweeter is knowing that somewhere out there, MadCowDisease Harbaugh threw down a clipboard while grocery shopping and through his pursed pouty duck lips squealing "They got Harvin? But that's not fair!!!"

So, let's look at the trade value. The #25 pick, a 7th round pick this year, and a 4th round pick next year (conditionally). Well, the first year, Schneider and Carroll stumbled into two top 15 picks in the draft and had no brainers Okung and Thomas fall into their laps. Like I said, no brainers. Then, the 1st round picks get ugly. They traded down each of the past two years. That is their pattern. So there is little expectation that they stay put at #25. James Carpenter and Bruce Irvin. Huge reach, huge reaches. Both have been, um, not as good as advertises. Look, I'm in a good mood, so let's leave it at that. There is little evidence based on recent history that this team plucks a great player in the first round because they have whiffed recently, but excel at mid round and later picks when drafting for value is not quite as important and risk taking is encouraged. Still, you have to listen to Carroll and Schneider as they discuss their offseason plans ahead of time. They don't pull punches. They told us they wanted to fix the offensive line 2 years ago. They draft Carpenter and Moffett and pull guys like McQuistan and Giacomini off the scrap head. They promised us they will fix the pass rush this year, finally. Sure, Jason Jones might sign with Detroit. Alan Branch is up in the air. Clemmons may never play again. Irvin might prove to be a servicable 10 snap a game player; for the love of God, don't bring him into the game unless it's 3rd and long so the guy doesn't have to read and react but just react and run in a straight line. Clemmons might come back in 2 years. But the talent at DE/DT is dubious this year, after the very early picks. The talent from the late 1st round to the middle rounds at D Line somewhat negligible. After seeing how long it took Tate to figure things out, a rookie WR was unlikely to contribute anytime soon with this playbook. Most of the early drafter WRs never pan out. Also we haven't finished in free agency this year. There is still plenty of cap room, with some big contracts expiring next year, so front loading contracts this year works well since we started 18 million or so under the cap. So a large signing bonus to Harvin is palatable when you can use the cap room this year to ease the numbers by frontloading, signing bonus notwithstanding. Think about adding Desmond Bryant at DT. And a guy like Jon Abraham or Dwight Feeney for a cheap veteran one year deal, ala Raheem Brock a couple years ago. Damn, I'm getting a rod at the thought of adding Abraham. But if you were paying attention, Carroll told us plainly that it was nice that we have so many picks in the draft this year, but he said that the picks will have hard time making the final roster. He told us. They are looking to add impact players and not simply add depth anymore. We've zoomed passed the stockpiling quantity and roster turnover of a rebuilding program. So, they give up a late first round pick. Tell me, if Harvin was to enter the NFL draft, would he last beyond the first 5 picks? A 7th round pick is nothing, since we will probably add some comp picks anyway, once those are doled out. And a 4th round pick next year is like a 5th round pick this year, and that 4th is likely to be a very low 4th round pick. Literally, using the draft value calculator, we gave up the equivalent of the #23 pick in the draft for Percy Harvin. A persistent late rumor has Minnesota sending back a mid round pick to us, so we need to find out the final details when they finally come out. Carroll has been chasing a big time WR for quite some time now. Sure, Sidney Rice was a nice get. But we've targeted Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Terrell Owens, been rumored to be interested in Mike Wallace. Something had to give. Harvin is a special player. He can line up anywhere on the field and disrupt and defense completely. He is the heir apparent to Leon Washington on special teams. He is among the very best in the league in Yards After the Catch. Sidney Rice has been the only WR on this team with the skill set to consistently separate from a defender to give Wilson a target. Baldwin was gimpy last year, Tate is still learning how to play WR at a high level. Now, you bring in another accomplished, skilled WR, a guy that will be death to a defense when Wilson runs a read option and when he begins to scramble and goes though his progressions. It's mind boggling how versatile this offense has become. Tate and Rice to the outside, Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. A Pro Bowl level TE. And you still have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, with WRs that excel at blocking downfield, all of them block, and block like hell. A couple of ProBowl offensive linemen. Look, San Fran is good too, but Wilson is light years ahead of Kaepernick at making his reads and going through his progressions. This is a smart offense. And everything I've been reading today is that Harvin is an outstandingly intelligent WR. This team has been assembled with great care.

Is Harvin a head case? Bevell vouched for him, as our farm team Minnesota keeps giving us their best players on offense. Hey, Hutchinson. Remember, you frozen focks? We get the final laugh after all. Harvin was doing a T.O. He was yelling at his coaches because he wanted to win, and since Farve left, so did winning. Remember, Harvin and Rice were tremendous when they actually had a QB throwing them the ball. But Harvin got into shouting matches with his coaches because he wanted them to give the ball to Peterson more so they could have a better chance of winning. Not that Harvin wanted the ball. He wanted the team to win. Is that the truth? Hell if I know.

Look, I had zero expectation that the Seahawks would be picking the first day of the draft, as they would trade out. There was a chance of them trading up. The fact they nabbed Harvin by staying put...is mind boggling. How much longer will NFL Network and ESPN keep going to commercial during Seahawk picks? Have I actually lived long enough that the Seattle Seahawks are getting respect around the league? Nah. Let's not get crazy. Geez, when Wilson finally got going in the 2nd half of the season, this offense started blowing teams out. Without Harvin. Holy smokes. This is going to be a very, very, very difficult offense to defend. Starting next offseason, the challenge is going to keep as many of these young players as possible as their dirt cheap contracts expire. The window is wide open, RIGHT NOW.

So many more cliches I want to type, so little time. Carroll and Schneider told us from the start, this was a 4 year plan. Guess what time it is? Buckle up. Vegas has Seattle as co-favorites to win the SuperBowl. It's not easy being a Seahawk fan, but it's getting easier.

Funny how the division that sends below .500 teams to the playoffs (and wins playoff games anyway) is now the destination of the yellow brick road which the NFL title is likely going to have to travel through. Seattle vs San Francisco. USA vs USSR. The Cold War. Hey, I'm not dissing you St Louis, but you aren't going to get the hype. This offseason, anyway. How much sweeter is the Harvin deal knowing, just deep down, knowing for a fact, Seattle outbid San Fran for Harvin. Hours after the deal is announced, San Fran pulls the trigger on their plan B. How much, much sweeter is knowing that somewhere out there, MadCowDisease Harbaugh threw down a clipboard while grocery shopping and through his pursed pouty duck lips squealing "They got Harvin? But that's not fair!!!"

So, let's look at the trade value. The #25 pick, a 7th round pick this year, and a 4th round pick next year (conditionally). Well, the first year, Schneider and Carroll stumbled into two top 15 picks in the draft and had no brainers Okung and Thomas fall into their laps. Like I said, no brainers. Then, the 1st round picks get ugly. They traded down each of the past two years. That is their pattern. So there is little expectation that they stay put at #25. James Carpenter and Bruce Irvin. Huge reach, huge reaches. Both have been, um, not as good as advertises. Look, I'm in a good mood, so let's leave it at that. There is little evidence based on recent history that this team plucks a great player in the first round because they have whiffed recently, but excel at mid round and later picks when drafting for value is not quite as important and risk taking is encouraged. Still, you have to listen to Carroll and Schneider as they discuss their offseason plans ahead of time. They don't pull punches. They told us they wanted to fix the offensive line 2 years ago. They draft Carpenter and Moffett and pull guys like McQuistan and Giacomini off the scrap head. They promised us they will fix the pass rush this year, finally. Sure, Jason Jones might sign with Detroit. Alan Branch is up in the air. Clemmons may never play again. Irvin might prove to be a servicable 10 snap a game player; for the love of God, don't bring him into the game unless it's 3rd and long so the guy doesn't have to read and react but just react and run in a straight line. Clemmons might come back in 2 years. But the talent at DE/DT is dubious this year, after the very early picks. The talent from the late 1st round to the middle rounds at D Line somewhat negligible. After seeing how long it took Tate to figure things out, a rookie WR was unlikely to contribute anytime soon with this playbook. Most of the early drafter WRs never pan out. Also we haven't finished in free agency this year. There is still plenty of cap room, with some big contracts expiring next year, so front loading contracts this year works well since we started 18 million or so under the cap. So a large signing bonus to Harvin is palatable when you can use the cap room this year to ease the numbers by frontloading, signing bonus notwithstanding. Think about adding Desmond Bryant at DT. And a guy like Jon Abraham or Dwight Feeney for a cheap veteran one year deal, ala Raheem Brock a couple years ago. Damn, I'm getting a rod at the thought of adding Abraham. But if you were paying attention, Carroll told us plainly that it was nice that we have so many picks in the draft this year, but he said that the picks will have hard time making the final roster. He told us. They are looking to add impact players and not simply add depth anymore. We've zoomed passed the stockpiling quantity and roster turnover of a rebuilding program. So, they give up a late first round pick. Tell me, if Harvin was to enter the NFL draft, would he last beyond the first 5 picks? A 7th round pick is nothing, since we will probably add some comp picks anyway, once those are doled out. And a 4th round pick next year is like a 5th round pick this year, and that 4th is likely to be a very low 4th round pick. Literally, using the draft value calculator, we gave up the equivalent of the #23 pick in the draft for Percy Harvin. A persistent late rumor has Minnesota sending back a mid round pick to us, so we need to find out the final details when they finally come out. Carroll has been chasing a big time WR for quite some time now. Sure, Sidney Rice was a nice get. But we've targeted Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Terrell Owens, been rumored to be interested in Mike Wallace. Something had to give. Harvin is a special player. He can line up anywhere on the field and disrupt and defense completely. He is the heir apparent to Leon Washington on special teams. He is among the very best in the league in Yards After the Catch. Sidney Rice has been the only WR on this team with the skill set to consistently separate from a defender to give Wilson a target. Baldwin was gimpy last year, Tate is still learning how to play WR at a high level. Now, you bring in another accomplished, skilled WR, a guy that will be death to a defense when Wilson runs a read option and when he begins to scramble and goes though his progressions. It's mind boggling how versatile this offense has become. Tate and Rice to the outside, Harvin and Baldwin in the slot. A Pro Bowl level TE. And you still have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, with WRs that excel at blocking downfield, all of them block, and block like hell. A couple of ProBowl offensive linemen. Look, San Fran is good too, but Wilson is light years ahead of Kaepernick at making his reads and going through his progressions. This is a smart offense. And everything I've been reading today is that Harvin is an outstandingly intelligent WR. This team has been assembled with great care.

Is Harvin a head case? Bevell vouched for him, as our farm team Minnesota keeps giving us their best players on offense. Hey, Hutchinson. Remember, you frozen focks? We get the final laugh after all. Harvin was doing a T.O. He was yelling at his coaches because he wanted to win, and since Farve left, so did winning. Remember, Harvin and Rice were tremendous when they actually had a QB throwing them the ball. But Harvin got into shouting matches with his coaches because he wanted them to give the ball to Peterson more so they could have a better chance of winning. Not that Harvin wanted the ball. He wanted the team to win. Is that the truth? Hell if I know.

Look, I had zero expectation that the Seahawks would be picking the first day of the draft, as they would trade out. There was a chance of them trading up. The fact they nabbed Harvin by staying put...is mind boggling. How much longer will NFL Network and ESPN keep going to commercial during Seahawk picks? Have I actually lived long enough that the Seattle Seahawks are getting respect around the league? Nah. Let's not get crazy. Geez, when Wilson finally got going in the 2nd half of the season, this offense started blowing teams out. Without Harvin. Holy smokes. This is going to be a very, very, very difficult offense to defend. Starting next offseason, the challenge is going to keep as many of these young players as possible as their dirt cheap contracts expire. The window is wide open, RIGHT NOW.

So many more cliches I want to type, so little time. Carroll and Schneider told us from the start, this was a 4 year plan. Guess what time it is? Buckle up. Vegas has Seattle as co-favorites to win the SuperBowl. It's not easy being a Seahawk fan, but it's getting easier.

Is that you phillybear? :unsure:

The latest from rotoworld:

"Profootballtalk.com reports that a new contract for Percy Harvin is already in place with the Seahawks.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora previously suggested Harvin could command $12 million annually, which would make him the league's third-highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. PFT's Mike Florio confirms Harvin's deal "won't be close" to Megatron and Fitz. The bottom line is Harvin isn't a one-year rental in Seattle. They're locking up the 24-year-old long term. "

Looks like the new contract was the first thing to get done.

Ok, put on your best John Schneider cap. Who are the Hawks now targeting at 56?

I think DT, But maybe a DE/Leo/whatever or maybe even LB. I have not done my research on them yet, but as far as DT this is who I like and could easily be there around 56.

1. Sylvester Williams

2. Kawann Short

3. Josh Jenkins

4. Jesse Williams

Sleeper - Brandon Williams

I Like ALL of these more then Star and Floyd at the top of the draft actually. Richardson looks the best by far, but these guy's would be really good picks right there.

Look on page 2 here - I gave details on these guy's.

Ok, put on your best John Schneider cap. Who are the Hawks now targeting at 56?

Eh, what's the point? They will trade down a number of spots and look to recoup the 3rd round pick for next year. Might as well just prep for Day 3 of the draft for our first selection.

Reports of the Harvin contract are starting to leak out, and it's much less expensive than expected and structured very favorably towards Seattle's cap.

Also, unsubstantiated rumors are starting to swirl that the Seahawks are closing in on signing DE Abraham. :hyper:

I didn't feel it was right to go pissing in San Fran threads yesterday, but I spent all day scratching my head over the fanfare NFL Network was giving the Boldin acquisition by the 49ers. The price was cheap in trade capital, but the point of Boldin's contention with Baltimore was money, so San Fran is going to have to eat that entire salary of Boldin this year (6 million) unless Baltimore picked up part of the price, and considering that they were desperate to dump salary, I don't think that's likely. So, what does 6 million get you. A veteran WR, a playoff hero. That has hit a wall. He can't get separation from any kind of physical defensive back and has lost much speed. If you recall, almost every key play he made in the playoff run was off a jump ball that Flacco lofted up there to give him a chance to come down with as he outwrestled the defender. While Kaepernick has a big arm, he's going to have to learn how to feather passes to give Boldin a chance to come down with it. Boldin is smart enough to find holes in zone coverages. But any team that plays man coverage on him will shut him down. Like, oh, I don't know, maybe Seattle. His biggest asset is toughness and maybe will be able to mentor some of the young WRs over there. 6th round isn't a bad price at all. But as an impact player, absolutely not a chance in Hell. So when commentators are telling the audience that Boldin and Harvin are in the same conversation, I have to shake my head. Oh, yeah. Harvin will cost the Seahawks 5 million vs the cap this year the way the numbers broke out and were spread out and the way I interpreted them. Which is a million cheaper than Boldin. But don't quote me on that just yet.

There are next to no DT options on the market left. Inexpensive, veteran, and likely still productive DEs are still left out there for the taking. The #1 target is very clearly to me DE Abraham, a guy that is still super productive and would be versatile enough to play both ends and play every down if needed. Schneider isn't a guy that rushes into FA and overpays. But, damn, Abraham is such a nice fit.

Some random thoughts that I had.

Nah, they can still keep Flynn (although they would prefer to trade him). Cutting Obomanu and Washington frees up almost 6 million.

Yep. There is zero need to cut Flynn since they are way under the cap, will not likely spend much in free agency, and after signing the draft picks and factoring in the Harvin contract, they still have 10 million in extra cap space to roll into next year with.

Washington already gone, Obomanu to drop makes sense. Unless someone, like a Buffalo or Jacksonville, offers a mid to early 3rd round pick or greater, Flynn isn't going anywhere. I mean, if Wilson goes down, so does your high expectations season. Who are they going to bring in better than Flynn at this point for this offense?

I didn't feel it was right to go pissing in San Fran threads yesterday, but I spent all day scratching my head over the fanfare NFL Network was giving the Boldin acquisition by the 49ers. The price was cheap in trade capital, but the point of Boldin's contention with Baltimore was money, so San Fran is going to have to eat that entire salary of Boldin this year (6 million) unless Baltimore picked up part of the price, and considering that they were desperate to dump salary, I don't think that's likely. So, what does 6 million get you. A veteran WR, a playoff hero. That has hit a wall. He can't get separation from any kind of physical defensive back and has lost much speed. If you recall, almost every key play he made in the playoff run was off a jump ball that Flacco lofted up there to give him a chance to come down with as he outwrestled the defender. While Kaepernick has a big arm, he's going to have to learn how to feather passes to give Boldin a chance to come down with it. Boldin is smart enough to find holes in zone coverages. But any team that plays man coverage on him will shut him down. Like, oh, I don't know, maybe Seattle. His biggest asset is toughness and maybe will be able to mentor some of the young WRs over there. 6th round isn't a bad price at all. But as an impact player, absolutely not a chance in Hell. So when commentators are telling the audience that Boldin and Harvin are in the same conversation, I have to shake my head. Oh, yeah. Harvin will cost the Seahawks 5 million vs the cap this year the way the numbers broke out and were spread out and the way I interpreted them. Which is a million cheaper than Boldin. But don't quote me on that just yet.

There are next to no DT options on the market left. Inexpensive, veteran, and likely still productive DEs are still left out there for the taking. The #1 target is very clearly to me DE Abraham, a guy that is still super productive and would be versatile enough to play both ends and play every down if needed. Schneider isn't a guy that rushes into FA and overpays. But, damn, Abraham is such a nice fit.

Boldin is a clear upgrade over R. Moss IMO though. I agree to some of those points, but Boldin still finds a way to make plays here and there. He also finds the endzone well. Moss was clearly done. Boldin is on the way to that, but the playoff run was still impressive and even during the season he was decent. Clearly lost a step, but his frame allows him to get the ball, win jump balls, and still a good route runner to find openings off the play action. And he can even get deep at times which seems crazy when you look at his speed.

I think he'll do better against weaker teams. Against a team like Seattle, he could be shut down rather easily.

This was a good move on there part I think for the short term. A guy like this helps there entire team, Kap growth, etc.

I still feel they got a brotherly discount! They got him for almost free other then money. He might even produce better then crabtree, but clearly better then R. Moss did making there wides more respectable.

Buffalo released Fitzpatrick. Could be a potential Flynn spot?

The dt from oakland signed somewheres. So now I'd really like to see them resign Branch.

I know New England and Jacksonville were interested in him. But I had also heard he wanted to stay in Seattle.

The dt from oakland signed somewheres. So now I'd really like to see them resign Branch.

I know New England and Jacksonville were interested in him. But I had also heard he wanted to stay in Seattle.

I don't think the Bills will make a play for Flynn. If you listen to that recorded conversation between Buddy Nix and Mark Domenick, Nix tells him at one point that he needs draft capital and that he can't give it up.

Yep. There is zero need to cut Flynn since they are way under the cap, will not likely spend much in free agency, and after signing the draft picks and factoring in the Harvin contract, they still have 10 million in extra cap space to roll into next year with.

Washington already gone, Obomanu to drop makes sense. Unless someone, like a Buffalo or Jacksonville, offers a mid to early 3rd round pick or greater, Flynn isn't going anywhere. I mean, if Wilson goes down, so does your high expectations season. Who are they going to bring in better than Flynn at this point for this offense?

I agree completely! Only way I would move him is if we got a trade package. I think we could raise his stock up during next year's preseason also. I'd let him fly big, open up the play calling, and try and put up big stats and "show case" him.

There is a lot of talk though that want him cut. Upsets me because I think Flynn is good and should be tradable. He was just beat out by an amazing RW, who just might be a regular pro bowler.

I'm not sure why the hate for Flynn? I guess they never liked Flynn or because he didn't win the job or because he's eating all that money so they want it moved on to something else?

I've also heard things like Flynn can't do the things RW does, Run option, etc. so the playbook is different. So hard to practice and run the same things for both QB's.

But, I don't agree. We could adjust to Flynn.

I won't be surprised if they allow RW to run less, now that we have Harvin.

I say keep Flynn too - Next year we can talk about cutting him IF we can't find a trade partner!

I do find it funny that on ESPN boards and Mike Sando's FB threads that Niner fans are banging their chests that Boldin was such a better move over Harvin and that the Hawks over paid. Too funny :lol:

Somehow, someway, Tarvaris Jackson is sitting as the #1 QB on the Buffalo depth chart this morning. And all we got was a 7th round pick for him. Actually, that's a bargain, for us. Depends on if that new Buffalo coach from Syracuse thinks, I have to imagine he wants Nassib, his QB from Syracuse, in the draft.

Yeah, Bryant from Oakland is gone, but he signed for a huge number from Cleveland. Cleveland and Miami are running amok with blank checks so far and signing everybody.

Jason Jones is gone. Detroit will get him. He's played for Jim Schwartz and he went Eastern Michigan University and was born in Detroit.

Alan Branch is probably the best DT left. I guess Richard Seymour could be mentioned, but I don't know what he has left and what is injury situation is after the IR last year. The other guys on the market also have issues. I looked into Glen Dorsey, but he's got a knee injury that he got in college that he's never fully recovered from. Are there deep gems out there?

I do find it funny that on ESPN boards and Mike Sando's FB threads that Niner fans are banging their chests that Boldin was such a better move over Harvin and that the Hawks over paid. Too funny :lol:

Yeah, that's stupid... We can have Harvin for the next 5-10 years and I don't even think he's hit his prime/career year yet.

Boldin is just a rental for 1 or 2 years.

Not even close to the same thing nor the same threat, especially with the interesting ways we will utilize Harvin.

But, I like there move too for this year and a young growing QB/Kap. Reinforces Kap to avoid possible failures.

I like both moves. It will sure be interesting! Dog fight!

Just heard Leon Washington on Sirius NFL radio. The Bucs made an offer for Leon before he was cut but John Schneider did Leon a favor by cutting him so he could see what other options were available for him in free agency. Classy move.

Just heard Leon Washington on Sirius NFL radio. The Bucs made an offer for Leon before he was cut but John Schneider did Leon a favor by cutting him so he could see what other options were available for him in free agency. Classy move.

Jim Harbaugh has blocked one of his defensive assistant coaches, Ed Donatell the secondary coach, from interviewing for an NFL coordinator/promotion position for the last 2 years. Classy.

It's a tale of two cities.

Still...I'd be a hell of a lot more fun to be the villains.

Jim Harbaugh has blocked one of his defensive assistant coaches, Ed Donatell the secondary coach, from interviewing for an NFL coordinator/promotion position for the last 2 years. Classy.

It's a tale of two cities.

Still...I'd be a hell of a lot more fun to be the villains.

That's my job. I'll work this board and have the trolls in here firing away soon enough. Be patient Iago. ;)