Sign in to follow this  
Lackman

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Offseason Thread***

It must suck that no one on FFT gives a rat's arse about the Jets.

:dunno: i have enough people in my real life to talk about the troubles of the Jets with that I don't have to start threads about them at FFToday.

I do find it entertaining though that I was having a thoughtful conversation with Lackman and you still need to beg for my attention and get your own teams thread off topic. :thumbsup: I wonder how many of the hawks fans on this board actually want you here :lol: now run along and find something from fieldgulls to regurgitate.

I know it was only the pro bowl, but DangeRuss looked the part. :thumbsup: Also congrats to Lynch on the TD and Earl for the INT! :headbanger:

I do find it entertaining though that I was having a thoughtful conversation with Lackman and you still need to beg for my attention and get your own teams thread off topic.

You came banging your chest that some how you called Wilson over Flynn as if you had some extraordinary insight into that situation. :rolleyes: I simply thought that since you were taking credit for calling Wilson over Flynn before anyone else, that you might also want credit for your brilliant prediction that Pete Carroll would be fired due to media pressure. :rolleyes: Now as for your useful conversation with Lackman, if one post by me threw you and your conversation off the tracks, then that doesn't say much for you ability to focus. Secondly, if I am such a waste of your time, then you don't have to respond. ITSATIP (but you will).

You came banging your chest that some how you called Wilson over Flynn as if you had some extraordinary insight into that situation. :rolleyes: I simply thought that since you were taking credit for calling Wilson over Flynn before anyone else, that you might also want credit for your brilliant prediction that Pete Carroll would be fired due to media pressure. :rolleyes: Now as for your useful conversation with Lackman, if one post by me threw you and your conversation off the tracks, then that doesn't say much for you ability to focus. Secondly, if I am such a waste of your time, then you don't have to respond. ITSATIP (but you will).

You're a sad, little man..........

Todd Wash leaves to join Jaguars as DL coach. No big loss. It is now being speculated that former 49er Bryant Young will join the staff as the new DL coach.

Schneider is big on maximizing draft picks, but this year I would like us to move some of those draft picks and trade up for impact players specifically at DE/WR/LB/TE in that order. We need an elite pass rusher and an elite WR to take this team over the top and my preference is for a DE to replace Clemons.

Of the free agents I think we pick either Jones or Branch to sign at DT and I like Branch. No real reason but I think he might be cheaper than Jones, he is HUGE, and I like his hustle. I wouldn't mind getting Hauschka, Hill or Trufant back on cheap/reasonable contracts but all could be filled in by generic cheap veteran free agent X. We could give Golden Tate a modest raise but I hope they don't, I want to see him prove it for one more year before we give him a long term deal. I think he and Baldwin have overlapping skill sets and I like Baldwin a lot more.

I just hate the rumors of trading for Revis, I hope that doesn't come to pass... :shocking:

I wouldn't mind overpaying Flynn for one more year, until Wilson blossomed this team was really being held back by QB play. I wouldn't mind holding onto Flynn for another year if there is cap room.

Schneider is big on maximizing draft picks, but this year I would like us to move some of those draft picks and trade up for impact players specifically at DE/WR/LB/TE in that order. We need an elite pass rusher and an elite WR to take this team over the top and my preference is for a DE to replace Clemons.

Of the free agents I think we pick either Jones or Branch to sign at DT and I like Branch. No real reason but I think he might be cheaper than Jones, he is HUGE, and I like his hustle. I wouldn't mind getting Hauschka, Hill or Trufant back on cheap/reasonable contracts but all could be filled in by generic cheap veteran free agent X. We could give Golden Tate a modest raise but I hope they don't, I want to see him prove it for one more year before we give him a long term deal. I think he and Baldwin have overlapping skill sets and I like Baldwin a lot more.

I just hate the rumors of trading for Revis, I hope that doesn't come to pass... :shocking:

I wouldn't mind overpaying Flynn for one more year, until Wilson blossomed this team was really being held back by QB play. I wouldn't mind holding onto Flynn for another year if there is cap room.

why replace Clemons? He's given us multiple years of the only true pass rush on the roster. Yes he's 31, but after getting the knee fixed there's still a decent chance he can be productive for 1-2 more years. Pairing him with an elite DE could be a nightmare for offensive lines.

why opposed to Revis? are you worried about what we would have to give up? This guy was far and away the best CB in the league for several years, including this year before he got hurt. He and Sherman could collectively write off 1/2 the field and let ET and Chancellor roam free. The Jets are in a jam because if they don't pay him now, he walks after 2013 and they get nothing, so their bargaining power is poor.

Mostly worried about the injury factor.

Both Clemons and Revis are great athletes but I don't think either is a freak in the mold of Adrian Peterson. I think we are going to be without Clemons for at least 4-6 games at the start of the season and as we have seen Clemons is our pass rush. This might work out for us if we could somehow get a secondary pass rusher to emerge and have Clemons rested for the second half of the season.

Revis seems overly redudant for what our roster has, so I don't think its worth the risk in terms of money or ruining our team chemistry. Revis is only 28 so he should still be in his prime for another 2-3 years and his injury occured much earlier in the year. I just think the money would be better spent at WR/DE for our team.

Drafting Fauria end of the 1st round would work well for this team. West coast guy, dynamic playmaker, well rounded. Like getting Winslow Jr without the 'Soulja'

Drafting Fauria end of the 1st round would work well for this team. West coast guy, dynamic playmaker, well rounded. Like getting Winslow Jr without the 'Soulja'

Highly doubt this guy is a 1st round pick. Stanford's Zach Ertz, SDST's Gavin Escobar would fit this team much better.

Highly doubt this guy is a 1st round pick. Stanford's Zach Ertz, SDST's Gavin Escobar would fit this team much better.

I like Ertz. Would still rather see a guy like Kawann Short fall to us at 1.25, but would be ok with Ertz too.

Take heart, Seahawks fans, what hurts the 49ers helps you

DAVE BOLING

Last updated: February 5th, 2013 12:14 AM (PST)

It won’t show up in the records, but Super Bowl XLVII was a win for the Seattle Seahawks.

Unofficially, of course. And mostly just for the fans.

After all, they got to spend an afternoon enjoying the sight of bitter rival San Francisco falling in painful, agonizing defeat.

Not only did the Niners lose, they were denied their final chance by a botched no-call on an obvious penalty that should have set them up for the go-ahead touchdown.

The Germans have a term for taking such extravagant delight in a rival’s pain – Harbaughfreude, I believe.

Seattle fans can chew on this other bit of statistical candy: Since 2000, only five of the 13 Super Bowl losers won their division the following season, and seven of the 13 didn’t even make the playoffs.

While the Niners contributed to their demise in many ways, they deserve at least grudging kudos from rival fans for the belated-but-brilliant second-half scoring outburst that put them on the threshold of victory.

But their last-gasp pass into the end zone fell incomplete when receiver Michael Crabtree was clearly held by Baltimore’s Jimmy Smith.

Analysts have argued that the refs won’t make that call in a game-deciding situation, or that the contact was mutual and that sort of thing had been tolerated throughout.

But when a defender is going Greco-Roman on a receiver, and has such a grasp that the jersey is being pulled, it should be a penalty at any point in the game.

And while there will at some point be a statute-of-limitations that expires on this gripe, it remains fair to point out that the defensive-holding infraction that was not called on Smith was far more flagrant than the offensive pass interference that was called on Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson in Super Bowl XL that nullified a touchdown.

The official’s blatant oversight gave the nation a chance get a good view of the kind of Jim Harbaugh hissy that brings Seahawks fans such delight. He had absolutely every right to be upset.

Yet he nonetheless did so in a manner that likely caused 1 billion viewers around the world to ask: What’s his deal?

In keeping with the theme of the evening, the CBS announcers were totally unenlightening regarding that play. Phil Simms offered: “The more angles I see, the more confused I get.” Thanks for clearing it up for us, Phil.

This is the same analyst who had to have play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz ask him about the wisdom of the Ravens taking a safety rather than trying to punt from their own end zone with :08 on the clock. Hadn’t crossed Simms’ mind.

Simms likewise contended that the Ravens’ failure to get a first down on a fake field goal in the first half didn’t cost them because San Francisco didn’t eventually score on the exchange.

No, but the Ravens sacrificed what was a certain three points, and at the end of the game those three points would have left Baltimore with a 37-29 lead with four minutes remaining.

The Niners would not only have had to punch in a touchdown on the final drive, but also convert a two-point conversion just to get a tie and go into overtime.

Like the Seahawks, the Niners have taken to extreme the philosophy that you can win any game in the fourth quarter, and it’s not important to get off to a good start.

So, they found themselves down 28-6.

And for a team that is successful and well-coached in so many regards to have two weeks to prepare for the biggest game in their lives, and have a 20-yard gain on the very first play nullified by an illegal-formation penalty is just flat-out embarrassing.

And while the Niners had the No. 2-rated defense in the league during the regular season, they were solved for nearly 400 yards and 30 points a game during the postseason, and that’s after having 42 rung up against them by the Seahawks late in December.

Seahawks fans may also take heart in the fact that all four NFC West teams have now lost a Super Bowl since 2002. And each of those franchises slipped from division contention in the years afterward.

So, although the Niners look strong and talented, and were only a slender yellow hanky from a championship, history is now working against them.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/02/05/v-printerfriendly/2462315/take-heart-seahawks-fans-what.html#storylink=cpy

:overhead: :pointstosky:

I would like it if the Hawks draft a receiver who can stretch the field vertically, but apparently this is a deep draft for receivers. So a disruptive DT at 1.25, or a DE just in case Clemons can't come back, seems like the best bet to me. A lot of 1st rounders at DT but unfortunately all of them may be gone by the time we pick and JS is not accustomed to trading up, if anything it's the latter.

I would like it if the Hawks draft a receiver who can stretch the field vertically, but apparently this is a deep draft for receivers. So a disruptive DT at 1.25, or a DE just in case Clemons can't come back, seems like the best bet to me. A lot of 1st rounders at DT but unfortunately all of them may be gone by the time we pick and JS is not accustomed to trading up, if anything it's the latter.

Head over to Rob Statton's Seahawks Draft Blog. He has a cool conversation with a couple of Field Gulls guys about the draft. They were discussing what the Hawks should do at 25 if there is a run on DTs. Should they take the 8th or 9th best DT or should they look else where say TE or WR? Then try to find a a Geno Atkins type in the 3rd or 4th round? :banana:

Looking at WR for dynasty purposes for fantasy. You are correct.

No sure fire stud out there. But a very deep class. WR looks alot like last year. I don't believe we'll see the next big thing until next year when Marqise Lee declares.

One scenario: an early run on DT/DE leaves the Hawks with the option of over-drafting at that position with 1.25, or perhaps taking their pick of WRs but then losing the option of taking a reasonably close WR at 2.26. Neither one seems all that attractive.

Next option: Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Hear me out. Move Kam to OLB from strong safety. Install Elam at SS. On passing downs, you basically already have a nickel defense on the field because you've got Earl, Elam, Sherm and Browner before you even get to Kam. Elam is considered the best SS on the market this year, and Kam is probably big enough to hold up in run defense at OLB in place of Leroy Hill who has probably used up his last chance.

Then in rd2, you go WR. In rds 3 and 4 you try and find a diamond in the rough on the defensive line. Basically, take one of the key strengths of this team and make it stronger.

I guess you can argue, why fool with a winning strategy, since Kam made pro bowl at SS, but this feels intriguing to me and would represent pretty good value at 1.25.

Or am I just crazy?

One scenario: an early run on DT/DE leaves the Hawks with the option of over-drafting at that position with 1.25, or perhaps taking their pick of WRs but then losing the option of taking a reasonably close WR at 2.26. Neither one seems all that attractive.

Next option: Matt Elam, SS, Florida

Hear me out. Move Kam to OLB from strong safety. Install Elam at SS. On passing downs, you basically already have a nickel defense on the field because you've got Earl, Elam, Sherm and Browner before you even get to Kam. Elam is considered the best SS on the market this year, and Kam is probably big enough to hold up in run defense at OLB in place of Leroy Hill who has probably used up his last chance.

Then in rd2, you go WR. In rds 3 and 4 you try and find a diamond in the rough on the defensive line. Basically, take one of the key strengths of this team and make it stronger.

I guess you can argue, why fool with a winning strategy, since Kam made pro bowl at SS, but this feels intriguing to me and would represent pretty good value at 1.25.

Or am I just crazy?

I think Kam didn't do all that great covering TE's, let alone play LB. We need a true coverage LB added to our list of needs. One that can shutdown a TE and even slower WR's. Or good zone coverage.

Moving Kam there seems kind of crazy to me. Also drafting a Safety in the first round seems like a waist. Might as well draft a Coverage LB there and don't mess with Kam.

The value at WR might be good late, but I'd rather get the cream of the crop early. So if there are no good DE/DT's it's an easy choice for me, and to go one of the TOP WR's. The value makes sense too, as we could get the top 1 or 2 WR on the entire board let alone our staff's favorite.

Even a TE might make some sense.

Top 3 picks should be DE-DT/WR/Coverage LB. (If we wait on the coverage LB, then add in another DE-DT)

But, we should take the best player who's left on our board regardless of those 3 positions.

Those are my thoughts.

I think Kam didn't do all that great covering TE's, let alone play LB. We need a true coverage LB added to our list of needs. One that can shutdown a TE and even slower WR's. Or good zone coverage.

Moving Kam there seems kind of crazy to me. Also drafting a Safety in the first round seems like a waist. Might as well draft a Coverage LB there and don't mess with Kam.

The value at WR might be good late, but I'd rather get the cream of the crop early. So if there are no good DE/DT's it's an easy choice for me, and to go one of the TOP WR's. The value makes sense too, as we could get the top 1 or 2 WR on the entire board let alone our staff's favorite.

Even a TE might make some sense.

Top 3 picks should be DE-DT/WR/Coverage LB. (If we wait on the coverage LB, then add in another DE-DT)

But, we should take the best player who's left on our board regardless of those 3 positions.

Those are my thoughts.

I'll share my thoughts alittle later on. I have too much stuff in my head already, don't want to put in any more just yet.

After a couple weeks of free agency, things will really clear up.

DT Cullen Jenkins to visit Seahawks on Monday. :sleep:

I'd rather have them resign Branch.

WR EVALUATIONS:

Me and my brother did our WR scouting evaluations this weekend.

We've done most positions for the last 5 years or so. We only got through the WR and DT's so far.

I'm puting it here because this is geared for our team specifically.

If you're interested here is our WR Rank below:

If a guy is not listed, we either didn't like him or didn't like him for the Hawks or other issues. Basically, those guy's are scratched from our list for one reason or another.

WR Rank: (FIRST ROUND)

1. Cordarrelle Patterson - 6'3 205 4.4

-Love his big play ability. Super fast who looks the part of a stud. A true Boom type playmaker. He's only a Jr. His run after the catch is amazing with great vision. I originally questioned his hands and if he used his body for everything, but no more. Did well in combine catching with hands. He is actually fluid in catching. He's had some horiable drops, but I actually think he can catch well overall and better then a lot of others out there. I saw enough to not question his overall catching ability. I heard about his route running, but I don't see a problem here at all. Possibly his rawness or smarts with any issue here. He'll explode on routes, showed double moves, seems like I saw him bust through the press at the line. Being only one year I could understand not being on the same page all the time. I also think he could have gotten more production had he been used more. Hunter on the other side took away a lot of that and was a big focus for the team.

He can kick and punt return that will amaze. Tall so he can post up and he uses his body to shield. He has top notch speed to get deep and he's one of the best at it. KEY - He can seperate!

He tore up records before being at Tenn for the 1 year. 10 total TD's and amazing all purpose yards in his one year. He seems like a fun teammate and nice guy. He's very confident in his skills. He does seem like the type to make a few mental mistakes. Possibly struggle to pick up a complex playbook. Seems less educated as others.

R. Wilson could be perfect for him.

Only Concern: Smarts, will he get it right way. I think so or at worst a late bloomer. But, he'll produce right away somehow.

Comparisons: D. Thomas/R. Moss/Torry Smith/Crabtree

Note: I'm hoping he lasts to our pick as this is my fav so far.

2. Tavon Austin - 5'9 175 4.34

-Big play and super fast. Like Patterson, he would give an amazing "big play and score anywhere" feel. I prefer a big WR for Hawks, but he is to special. His arms and body look thick and I'm not concerned about injury with him. He benched 14 reps which is pretty high and better then a lot of wides. Good production. He'll make a great slot WR and gadget plays. Also, a great kick return man.

I was a little worried about a small R. Wilson trying to see a little T. Austin, however what would those two do to other teams as far as speed and what to stop. The playbook could really be something crazy amazing and interesting with those two and all the speed. KEY- R. Wilson will buy time that will allow him (and Patterson) to use there speed and get wide open. We need a fast guy, and I think he could provide that seperation and big play we need. We don't have a great slot man anyway. I like Baldwin, but he regressed. Austin could do what Tate did this year, but probably better.

Only Concern: His size, but he's got a special toughness. Doesn't solve our post up "tall" aspect that we actually need.

Comparisons: S. Smith/W. Welker/P. Harvin/S. Moss - S. Smith and most of these guy's are not that much bigger then Austin.

3. Keenan Allen - 6'3 205 time ? (Pro day big?)

-Allen fits the bill for us with size and a solid WR that looks the part. He does EVERYTHING on small slants though. This is a concern for me, but there QB sucked bad. That's about all he could do really. The QB was also his half brother. SO did he force it to him? I have some questions about this guy. Never saw him go deep much. He can jump for the ball though, get open so route running looks good, and he looks like one of the best catchers in the draft. He can catch very good! He seems like a good fit for our redzone and size we need. I'm not sure he'll be a stud rather then average?

Good stats, but only like 6 TD's both years. He never boomed, but his poor QB really could be the biggest factor. KEY - Proday

Also, he had a little injury history. Not bad, but still present.

I don't see amazing speed. He looks like a possesion WR and not a real deep threat.

Concerns: Is he good enough? Did the QB hold him back or is he just average. What is his true speed?

Comparisons: A. Boldwin/R. Wayne/H. Ward/Jeremy Maclin

___________DROP - 2nd round picks below___________

4. Justin Hunter - 6'4, 200 4.44 (Tenn like Patterson)

-Better stats then Patterson and did it for an extra year. Bigger. Almost as fast. He really could be the best! Maybe a 1st rounder, but we put him in the 2nd.

Patterson looks the playmaker and this guy the possesion WR. He had a lot of drops himself! I actually question his hands more then Pattersons. He can get deep though, possesion, good production, looks like he gets open. Maybe smarter then Patterson. But, he was more the focal point on the team I think. SO possibly force fed.

We like him! We could be wrong and he's better then Patterson. He's more safe, but less boom potential. I would be happy with this pick in the first actually. We put him in the 2nd.

5. Deandre Hopkins - 6'1, 210 4.57

-Plays big and can get deep. Faster then combine. And did 15 bench which was good we thought. Production good. We like what we saw, but seems like a drop from the top tier. Combine speed was disappointment.

He's a solid #5 rank for us.

6. Stedman Bailey - 5'10, 195 4.52

-Very similar situation as Hunter/Patterson as he's from the same school as T. Austin. And like Hunter, he had better stats then the top ranked Austin. 25 TD's in fact. wow. He gets deep, looks the part, fast, and also a possession wide. Hands look really good!

He could be the better wide from West Virgina or helped by the fact T. Austin was there. OR vise versa. Either way, we like him.

However, that size is smaller then we like so he doesn't fit as nicely and would rather have the others ranked higher. He makes our 2nd round grade.

_______ DROP 3rd round picks below_________

7. Quinton Patton - 6'0, 202 4.53

-He maybe should be in the 2nd round, but we decided to put him in the 3rd round ranking. If there were a run on wides in the 2nd though, I would be fine with him in the 2nd.

We were concerned by weak conf., looked slow at times and then not a great combine speed, thin frame. Not explosive enough at times. Smaller then we wanted.

But, we feel he is a leader and wants the ball in crunch time, Great production, huge bowl game. After him we feel there are a new set of question marks at WR/tier drop. (Production or other factors)

8. Aaron Dobson - 6'3, 203 4.4-4.5?

-Something just seemed off to give us some worries. But, he leaped over others because of his size and speed. We think he looked pretty fast and can get deep, and that was what we liked most.

Passes the eye test and looks and plays big on tape.

However, we feel he has problems seperating and his production is low.

9. T. Williams - 6'2, 201 4.52

-He makes this 3rd round grade because of size and production. We were not that impressed, but see potential. 5 year starter and great stats. Can go deep. 1800 yards. He could be a boom, but on tape there seemed like something lacking. Speed is the problem I think.

We see a nice drop after him though! So we cut the next group to the 4th round.

________ DROP - 4th round pick below_______

10. Markus Wheaton - 5'11 183 4.45

-He could make it. We kind of like him. Love that he benched 20 reps. Does all the catches and routes. He seems quick, but not fast.

We worry about the pack 12 making him look better then he is. If another wide goes into the round above, this would be the one.

We feel he's not much of a leader, plays small, Looks thin but the 20 reps helped with that factor. Size and weight eventually put him in this group. Not exactly what I want for the Hawks.

11. Ryan Swope - 6'0, 205 4.34

-We love this kid and marked him with high marks even though he's ranked in this group. Since we kind of liked Wheaton too, he fell here nicely. Can't believe he timed at 4.34 speed.

This white guy looks like the next W.Welker or J. Nelson. Does everything good that we can see. Lost his QB in Tannehill and still did good. Good stats. Does every route with precision, works hard, and catches great as he's always open. Goes deep.

Doesn't look like 4.34 speed, but he's always open so it makes sense.

He's not your typical #1, but he would help a team a great deal!

NE type pick.

12. Kenny Stills - 6'1, 194 4.38

-Something about this kid we don't like. Maybe his look and small thin frame. But, his production was there, big school, size and amazing speed. He seemed a little average. THis is a speed tier grouping so he was a nice fit here in the 4th round.

13. Josh Boyce - 5'11, 200 4.38

-Like above. Speed tier with average height. He looked fast and liked his tape. But, the small school and height put him below Stills.

However, he lifted good at 22, compact and solid, and decent production. This tier is all about the speed who still looked good.

We don't feel these are #1 wides, but could be very very good.

___________ DROP - Round 5-7________

14. Mark Harrison - 6'1, 230 4.46

-We like some major things about him. Some risks too. Bench at 17. Worried about seperation and his weight and speed even though he timed decent. But, he's got major potential that we see also.

(We put a "like mark" next to his name)

15. Robert Woods - 6'1, 190 4.51

-Thought I would love this guy, but was not that impressed. Not a leader. Production good, nothing special. Don't like his interview. I'll leave it at that.

16. Corey Fuller - 6'2, 204 4.43

-Bad jump, no production, looks thin. Little worried about his eyes as I thought he wears glasses. Speed and size make him interesting.

Might need further research. Maybe should be higher then this.

17. Marcus Wilson 6'3 194 4.5

Measurables good. Had issues at WSU, but that situation could actually make him a better prospect. Might do better in the NFL then at WSU. However, lots of drops everywhere!

Red flags out there. Could be a boom or bust. Worry mentally.

18. D. Rodgers - 6'3, 210 4.52

-Issues - Drugs - Had to leave Tenn.

Has big play though and size and height good. I think I'd stay away. Little slow on tape and recorded combine shows it. 391/2 vertical

19. A. Meliette - 6'2 210 4.54

D2 school, good stats, big fast, 9 bench

20. Marcus Davis - 6'4, 232 4.56

Big huge and massive and can get deep. Limit stats. Interesting prospect. (We put a extra "like mark" on him)

21. Dan Buckner - 6'4, 212 4.47

Huge massive. Like the look and perfect size, height, speed.

He was arrested and limited stats. (Put a extra "like mark")

___ 7th round wides that have a interesting thing about them___

22. TJ Moe - 5'11, 204 4.74 - White tough guy. Good cather. 26 bench

23. M. Goodwin - 5'9, 183 4.27 - Speed. Maybe gets you TD's. Kickgame

24. K. Thompkins - 6'1, 193 4.54 - Looks big, eye test - Combine like

I know we are no scout. This is just our views. We use stats, youtube, real games, interviews, combine, etc. We spent all weeekend on just WR's and DT's. :)

WR EVALUATIONS:

Me and my brother did our WR scouting evaluations this weekend.

We've done most positions for the last 5 years or so. We only got through the WR and DT's so far.

I'm puting it here because this is geared for our team specifically.

If you're interested here is our WR Rank below:

If a guy is not listed, we either didn't like him or didn't like him for the Hawks or other issues. Basically, those guy's are scratched from our list for one reason or another.

WR Rank: (FIRST ROUND)

1. Cordarrelle Patterson - 6'3 205 4.4

-Love his big play ability. Super fast who looks the part of a stud. A true Boom type playmaker. He's only a Jr. His run after the catch is amazing with great vision. I originally questioned his hands and if he used his body for everything, but no more. Did well in combine catching with hands. He is actually fluid in catching. He's had some horiable drops, but I actually think he can catch well overall and better then a lot of others out there. I saw enough to not question his overall catching ability. I heard about his route running, but I don't see a problem here at all. Possibly his rawness or smarts with any issue here. He'll explode on routes, showed double moves, seems like I saw him bust through the press at the line. Being only one year I could understand not being on the same page all the time. I also think he could have gotten more production had he been used more. Hunter on the other side took away a lot of that and was a big focus for the team.

He can kick and punt return that will amaze. Tall so he can post up and he uses his body to shield. He has top notch speed to get deep and he's one of the best at it. KEY - He can seperate!

He tore up records before being at Tenn for the 1 year. 10 total TD's and amazing all purpose yards in his one year. He seems like a fun teammate and nice guy. He's very confident in his skills. He does seem like the type to make a few mental mistakes. Possibly struggle to pick up a complex playbook. Seems less educated as others.

R. Wilson could be perfect for him.

Only Concern: Smarts, will he get it right way. I think so or at worst a late bloomer. But, he'll produce right away somehow.

Comparisons: D. Thomas/R. Moss/Torry Smith/Crabtree

Note: I'm hoping he lasts to our pick as this is my fav so far.

Do you really think this team needs to addres the WR positon inthe first round? The Hawks didn't lose to ATL because of the passing game. They lost because they could not get to Matt Ryan. Not sure I would be overly thrilled with a 1st round WR especially considering that a 33 year old Chris Clemmons will probably start the year un PUP. :dunno:

Do you really think this team needs to addres the WR positon inthe first round? The Hawks didn't lose to ATL because of the passing game. They lost because they could not get to Matt Ryan. Not sure I would be overly thrilled with a 1st round WR especially considering that a 33 year old Chris Clemmons will probably start the year un PUP. :dunno:

I think WR should be addressed in the first 3 rounds, with DE, DT, and even a LB in the mix.

I didn't say that we should definatley take a WR in the first. Just that I like these one's should they drop. And Patterson really fits the bill that I like. I expect the value at WR to be there. I'm not sure DT or DE will? I only like 1 or 2 DT's at the moment in our range.

I have not done my DE evaluations yet. I'm hoping there are some good ones there that I'll really want. But, I wouldn't say we should take a DE or DT regardless if the value doesn't warrant it. Especially, when WR could be a need also.

Take the best, and fill the roster later.

We did take a DE first last year. I still have hope for Irvin.

I agree that's a huge need still though. DT also. But, Clemmons being out did hurt. And we should have won anyway even without him. Not covering the TE was just as bad. (i.e LB)

Wilson did fantastic with our wides and Tate really stepped up. But, I still worry about this position. Rice could easily be hurt. Tate could regress and was playing for money. I worry they don't seperate all that great. I would still like to give Wilson more weapons and "maintain a huge offense".

Bottom line - I never said we should go WR. Just gave ranks and view if we did. And then go DT/DE in the 2nd. (We can draft well late anyway)

I'll give DE reviews down the road.

For your 1st time doing this (in public forum anyway) it was an interesting read and a commendable effort. I haven't really organized my notes nor watched enough on some of these guys to have anything to debate about at this point. I've found that the hardest part is really pulling things looked at and written weeks apart can be put together in an order that makes sense. Usually it takes me a week just to re-evaluate my own thoughts.

And then, when it is all said and done, my target guys get sniped ahead of my available rookie picks anyway. :)

But at least I had the fun of doing the work. I'm sure you found it a personally valuable and fun exercise as well. Sometime in the next month I'll do the same thing and then compare results. Nice work.

Hawk. I got 3 questions for you. (Good job btw, this is what this site needs more of. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with rankings, as long as the thought is put in behind them. I remember you did this last year, kudos again. :thumbsup: )

1. How much with the draft scenarios affect your rankings?

2. Allens pro day is April 9th. (Lets hope he has a real QB throwing him the ball). How much stock will you put into this day for him?

And 3.

Ryan Swope was a guy I kind of ignored initially. His combine was what made me go back and rewatch him. (1 of the good things that actually does come out of the underwear olympics) What were your thoughts on him, before his outstanding weekend?

Hawk. I got 3 questions for you. (Good job btw, this is what this site needs more of. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with rankings, as long as the thought is put in behind them. I remember you did this last year, kudos again. :thumbsup: )

1. How much with the draft scenarios affect your rankings?

2. Allens pro day is April 9th. (Lets hope he has a real QB throwing him the ball). How much stock will you put into this day for him?

And 3.

Ryan Swope was a guy I kind of ignored initially. His combine was what made me go back and rewatch him. (1 of the good things that actually does come out of the underwear olympics) What were your thoughts on him, before his outstanding weekend?

Thanks Kopy,

I'm not sure I understand your #1 question so much? Do you mean how much does it change my rankings based on how the NFL draft actually plays out and where they go?

If so, this is tricky. Of course it matters where guy's go. I think every person can be effected by this because of opportunity, teammates, who's throwing the ball to them, etc.

That being said - I don't think it changes my ranks all that much. BECAUSE, we evaluate the player and what kind of quality player they are and think they will be.

Meaning - It didn't matter where Cj Spiller went. We loved him at the time. He was our top rated back based on the skill set he brought.

So I think while it matters where they go, our rankings are for the player themselves.

Hopefully, I answered this? If not, let me know.

#2 - Pro day is HUGE for me with Allen. But, he's somebody I'm struggling with and still might even after Pro Day. Time speed is my #1 factor here, but other things also. I'm interested to see deep patterns and ability.

If he runs slow though, then there is a big red flag for me. That being said, I'm not sure I trust pro day speed like the combine. They always seem to run faster.

Allen will probably stay in my first round regardless of Pro Day - However, he could leap frog T. Austin.

His QB really did hold him back I think. I would not mind this pick for us.

#3 - I got a late start this year, so actually I saw the combine first. Then we did evaluations. That being said, we did basically EVERY WR which was about 30+ wides. We spent a good amount of time on just this group. So Swope was going to be researched regardless of combine. But, anybody running that fast will get our attention.

The combine was not the biggest part of our Swope evaluation and more just solidified his speed and overall catching ability.

We love Swope. Like I said, we think he could be the next J. Nelson or W. Welker. Loved his game tape, work ethic, able to get open all the time, and then timed speed, decent height, looks strong.

His route running looked very good to us and could do every route. He got deep.

He also went through two QB's and produced good stats with both.

We didn't see any negatives with this kid. The only negative that we see is maybe that he's white :) and not your typical #1.

He's probably more of a possession WR with some big play, then a super star stud with home run. (i.e. Patterson)

To be honest, (we put extra high mark on him meaning higher then our ranking) - We liked him as much as the #6 rated WR on that list I put out.

Hopefully, I covered most everything for you. Let me know if not. :D

Yes, thankyou.

Will you be doing rb's and maybe a top 5 TE?

Yes, thankyou.

Will you be doing rb's and maybe a top 5 TE?

I will be, but it might be a few weeks out. I do this with my brother so we have a combined thought process and we gain different takes and always come to a firm agreement in the end.

We just got together this weekend, so I think were looking at the 23rd of this month for our next get together.

We want to hit DE's first though, then probably RB's, then LB's. But, I'll make room for top 10 TE's too.

Thanks

Here is our top DT's that we ranked. (Does not include any DE's or who we thought were DE)

General Notes: We were not that impressed with this group actually, even though they have been rated pretty high by all the experts and media. Top guy had 6 sacks for his best year.

First Round:

1. Sheldon Richardson - 6'4, 295, 5.02, 30 Bench JR.

-This was not close to us! We have him a mile ahead of the others and if he drops to us would love to land him with our 1st round pick. We like him a ton! Super fast on tape, athletic DT, good push and motor always running. Good production with 75 tackels and 5 sacks for his best year. (NOTE - The top DT only had about 6 sacks as max high) He's a little light, but we think he'll easily gain some needed pounds and he's got speed to spare. But, even at his weight we still like him. He's got the pass rush push that we would like to see out of a DT.

Alot of these guy's are simiply Run stoppers to us. This guy is both.

2, Sylvester Williams - 6'3, 313, 27 Bench

-We put higher marks on him, and then just went ahead and ranked him 2nd as we liked him more then the top ones that are typically rated higher. Liked his frame and size. Has a great "bull rush" that we kept seeing. Even saw him do a spin move. He plays hurt, which we liked and did well fighting through it. Could tell on one video that he was really hurt, but kept motoring and fought through it. Sometimes it seemed like he wore down or looked tired, but Hawks rotate a lot anyway. We noticed at the beginning of the games, he was dominate. He had the highest sack rate I believe or close to with 6 sacks one year. Had decent tackles at 54. Again, he gives you both run stopping and rush ability that we liked.

3. Kawann Short - 6'3, 310, 5yr Sr.

-Gave him high mark also. We have him as a "solid" prospect. All around good to great player. He was the leader or one of the best at "tackels for loss yards". His rush and run Def looks great. He also had around 6-7 sacks.

The only concern here was that sometimes he was blocked out and well behind the line. Mabye it was in part there game plan? But, for one reason or another we saw a lot of great things and then completely not involved.

2nd Round Rank - Tier/Drop

4. Josh Jenkins - 6'4, 359, 30 Bench

-This is our Boom or Bust pick. He's massive (Possibly to fat)- However, we saw some ok movement out of this guy. He seemed to run hard on tape and was faster then what I would think. But, his power was amazing. Constantly doubled. He's easily a run clogger and can tackle. Not sure if he just was over powering smaller guy's, but his toughness and massive body let him blow over people for a massive bull rush up the middle. I worry about his health in the NFL, but he has not shown anything to worry about. We liked what we saw on tape.

RISK PICK - But, could be big. I saw him ranked in the top 5 at one time. I could maybe understand a first round grade, but thought the 2nd tier group ranking a better fit.

5. Star Lotulelei - 6'4, 325, 5yr Sr.

-He's continually rated high by others, but we wanted to drop him lower then this. He's a great guy, might work hard, and a 5 year Sr to help him make it. But, we felt he's done very little with all the years he's put in. The tape supports this in our minds as he doesn't stand out to us. 42 tackels and 5 sacks 11 for loss in his best year. I guess it's decent, but for some reason we were not that impressed by it. Maybe it's because he's suppose to be a top 10 pick. He's got a good frame and I don't question that he can stop the run. But, I don't feel he'll give much of an impact at a pass rush. Also, kind of a small school considering his below average tape and stats. We decided to keep him here at this tier for the potential & others who rank him high. But, I would not want him with our 1st round pick.

6. Jesse Williams - 6'3, 320, 30 Bench, 5yr Sr (Alabama)

-So he seems a little like Lotulelie, but at least at a bigger school. He's got major power and a run stuffer for sure. Little slow and needs more push on his rush. I do question his rush ability which is my biggest concern. He also had rather low overall production.

7. Sharrif Floyd - 6'3, 305, 4.92 (I can't believe he timed this fast though, looking at the tape)

-So I might need to relook at him and then bump him over Star Lotulelei? His combine time looks completely opposite of what we saw on tape. He looked slow, no push, no speed or a bad motor. Our first thought, was to take him off the board. He looked better the 2nd time around though. I want to take another look. I left him in this tier until I take another look. My bro has him lower. He also had very low overall stats to further prove the negative. We agree that we don't want him in the 1st round and he's not our top 4.

3rd Round Rank - Tier/Drop

8. Brandon Williams - 6'2, 341, 5.37, 38 Bench

-We put a extra high rank mark for him. We like him better then Floyd and Star, even though we ranked him here. He's a lower rated guy and small school.

But, from the very limited tape we saw we like him. He plays compact with a bull rush. He looked great in the Sr. Bowl and during practice. Looks like he has a never ending motor. Production backs it up with 68 tackels, 17 for loss, and 9 sacks. (I guess this was the highest rate :) - Risk - Small school.

We would love to land him in the 3rd! Or even 2nd if teams are onto him. Or even later. I'm not sure where he ranks actually. He's one of our fav's though after the top 3.

9. Akeem Spence - 6'1, 305, Bench 37

-Little small on height so no room to grow really. Good power though, and great at run defense. Weak sack and pressure guy though. 72 Tackles, 7 for loss so good numbers.

Tape was so so on him. Average

4th Round Rank - Tier/Drop

10. Chris Jones - 6'2, 302, 5.33, 30 Bench

-Another small school with low tackels so big risk. But, this white guy looked good on tape. He had high pressure and always looked around the ball. You could tell he was a hard worker rather then talented. 12 1/2 sacks so BIG NUMBER. (I'm not sure if this was 1 yr or not???? Notes mixed up)

11. Johnathon Hawkins - 6'3, 320, 5.31 - NT

-Our concern with him was injury/Knee brace. However, perfect size. Great run stopper and looked strong. Looked a little to slow when rushing, but fast on tackels?

He's got a LB feel to us when we watch the tape. Not much of a sack or pressure guy. 68 Tackels.

5th+ Round Rank - Tier/Drop

12. Jordan Hill - 6'1, 303, 5.23, 28 Bench

-Extra high mark on this guy. We like him. Wish he was a little taller, but weight, speed, and bench all pretty good. On tape he looks like a good pressure guy. High motor!

Could use some more power at point of attack, but overall we like him. 64 Tackels and 4 sacks top year.

13. Josh Boyd - 6'3, 310, 5.14, 32 Bench

-Put a extra mark on him. speed shows and combine pretty good. Good bench. He looks good on tape in our view. He can give good pressure. Seems like some consistancy issues maybe? But overall, this looks like a VERY nice late round pick. 51 tackels and 5 sacks. (Sacks kind of proves his pressure ability)

14. Abry Jones - 6'3, 313, 30 Bench

-Limited stats. Not a sack guy. Great Jr. Year though. He looked a whole lot better that year. RISK - Injury history. He could be a nice steal though.

15. Kappdon Lewis-Moore - 6'4, 298

-Impressive 6 sacks. He could be a steal also. RISK - Tore ACL

We looked at all the DT's, so some did not make our final cut list. Or possibly will be reviewed as a DE later.

Enjoy! :D

FWIW, I heard there is a very good chance that the Seahawks sign Visanthe Shiancoe.

Dumervil asked to restructure, could be cut.

Thoughts on him manning the Leo? Irvin looked like trash late in the year and Clemons is ????

Thoughts? Still had 11 sacks and forced a bunch of fumbles despite an "off" year, so would probably be expensive.

Some whispers out there that the Seahawks like WR Justin Hunter and could possibly take him at 25. Again, you always add playmakers when you can, but if we do not improve the pass rush...

Some whispers out there that the Seahawks like WR Justin Hunter and could possibly take him at 25. Again, you always add playmakers when you can, but if we do not improve the pass rush...

6'4" is nice but the dude is a beanpole. After the D-line, I'd say WR is the next position they should be looking to improve.

I'm not sure there will be much there at 25 to really help the pass rush. At least nobody that's in another class compared to later picks. Datone Jones is really the only guy I've done much digging on.

:ninja: