Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

What was the biggest story this season (regular)?

What was the biggest story this season (regular)?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest story this season (regular)?

• Adrian Peterson - tears ACL week 10 comes back to break 2K yards
    • Russel Wilson - a Rookie QB outta nowhere starts and does great
    • RGIII - when healthy was dominant at times
    • Peyton Manning - coming back and having a typ. Manning season
    • The Giants being the suck
    • other

I think It's ADP -- as he did something that has never before been done at least not in football -- come back less than a year after a bad ACL injury and dominate to have his best season ever -- thats without much if any type of a passing game (especially after Harvin went down).

I would actually put Russell Wilson ahead of RGIII - as we knew RGIII had talent -- did anyone really ever hear of Russell Wilson?

I vote Other.

Baltimore lost 4 of last 5 then destroy the Pats in FoxBoro in the 2nd half of that game to make it to the Superbowl. This after firing their OC in Week 12 (I think?). Pretty wild.

Manning and AP comebacks

Young mobile QBs (RG3, Wilson, Kap)

The KC Chiefs tragedy

Replacement Refs

Manning and AP comebacks

The KC Chiefs tragedy

Replacement Refs

:thumbsup:

Although, I might say that the KC & Dallas deaths should be combined.

Chuck Pagano was the biggest story! All the teams showed respect for what he went through this season!

#Chuckstrong!

:thumbsup:

Although, I might say that the KC & Dallas deaths should be combined.

A murder and a manslaughter story should NOT be the biggest stories of the season!

The Giants shouldn't be on here. If they had only won something like four games, I could see it being a big story but they won more games than over half the teams in the league and had a shot at the playoffs going into week 17.

Chuck Pagano was the biggest story! All the teams showed respect for what he went through this season!

#Chuckstrong!

yup. That one deserves to be on the list. :thumbsup:

A murder and a manslaughter story should NOT be the biggest stories of the season!

:dunno: this IS the NFL. I excluded the DAL story becuse to me, it was a story we hear time and time again about drunk driving - as tragic as it was, it was not all that "new".

The Chiefs story though, wow, that whole parking lot scene was like something out of a movie.

yup. That one deserves to be on the list. :thumbsup:

:dunno: this IS the NFL. I excluded the DAL story becuse to me, it was a story we hear time and time again about drunk driving - as tragic as it was, it was not all that "new".

The Chiefs story though, wow, that whole parking lot scene was like something out of a movie.

That is a good point! I couldn't imagine what those coaches went through.

I said that it was one of the stories of the season. Should Newtown Connecticut be a story of 2012? Of course it should. Life it not all about feel good moments. There is good and bad that comes with an NFL season as well. It was a big deal and everyone was talking about it at the time and afterwards. You can't ignore it.

The Giants shouldn't be on here. If they had only won something like four games, I could see it being a big story but they won more games than over half the teams in the league and had a shot at the playoffs going into week 17.

Agreed

I vote Other.

Baltimore lost 4 of last 5 then destroy the Pats in FoxBoro in the 2nd half of that game to make it to the Superbowl. This after firing their OC in Week 12 (I think?). Pretty wild.

I don't think either coach is getting enough credit for the moves they've made. Firing the OC and bringing in a new starting quarterback mid season both were huge and both worked out.

In 5 years we could be saying the emergence and quality of "young, mobile QB's" is the biggest story of 2012.

These guys are changing the NFL game, IMO, and they're gonna be around for a while.

In 5 years we could be saying the emergence and quality of "young, mobile QB's" is the biggest story of 2012.

These guys are changing the NFL game, IMO, and they're gonna be around for a while.

I'll admit - I'm skeptical.

Seems like once every decade there's a rush to claim that some mobile QB is going to change the game.

I'm inclined to believe that the QB will always be a position where passing ability is paramount - those who can run second but pass first (Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Steve McNair, John Elway) will be the ones that are the best.

Those whose strength is running may have flashes of greatness but will fizzle over the long haul.

Kudos & my top story to Chuck Pagano and his fight against cancer. I'm biased there as I am as well a cancer survivor, 15 years now.

From a player's standpoint my vote goes to Adrian Peterson and all he accomplished this year coming back like he did from a difficult injury. Definitely a top MVP candidate

Lastly, the emergence of the mobile QB's that played this year but remember it comes with a price at times. RGIII didn't make it through the season unscathed. Still I think coaches are gonna be watchin' to scoop guys up like RGIII,Wilson & Kaepernick. Luck is a whole different kinda animal. In the Peyton Manning mold which we might only see guys that good once in a great while.

Bottom of the barrel are still the knuckleheads who continue to muck up and stain a great orginization & sport. It'll never stop and I hope they get what they deserve.

I'll admit - I'm skeptical.

Seems like once every decade there's a rush to claim that some mobile QB is going to change the game.

I'm inclined to believe that the QB will always be a position where passing ability is paramount - those who can run second but pass first (Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Steve McNair, John Elway) will be the ones that are the best.

Those whose strength is running may have flashes of greatness but will fizzle over the long haul.

I hope you're right and history says you probably are. However, these offensive coordinators are finally figuring out some ways to harness the abilities of these mobile QB's. I think there'll be a team or two in this year's draft that'll take a mid-round flier on an unknown type of mobile QB.

Does anyone think Terrell Pryor wins the Oakland QB job next year? I think he has a better chance now based on the success of Kap, RGIII and Wilson than he otherwise would have.

We shall see....the only reason I'll be rooting for Baltimore next week is because I want the "pocket passer" to win.