Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Ellen Barkin: American People belong to Obama

Unfortunately a lot of people agree with this. :(

On Wednesday, actress Ellen Barkin announced on Twitter that as long as Barack Obama is President, the people of the United States belong to him, Twitchy reported.

The actress made her opinion known in an exchange that started when she announced that she voted for Obama to "protect" all of "his" people.

"Yes I vote Pres Obama...to protect his ppl,ALL his ppl.The poor,the middle class,the jobless...the 1's that need our help..I vote 4 humanity, (sic)" she tweeted.

"HIS people?? Holy s**t you communists are insane," user "Linsey" tweeted in response.

"Right now he is the President of our country.He is our leader & we are his people, (sic)" Barkin tweeted.

Conservatives gave Barkin the civics lesson she should have received in grade school, letting her know in no uncertain terms that the American people are not the property of the state, or the president.

"Conservatives know a President doesn't own the American people but works for them," tweeted "Nathan Duffy," in response to a racially-charged tweet Barkin sent.

"He doesn't have any people - Americans are a free people. That means our presidents serve us, not us them. Kings have people," added "Teresa Graves."

"Doug" added: "I thought we weren't a monarchy? Is this like @donnabrazile referring to his beginning 'his rule' in 2008?"

"[W]ow, you sure are dumb," one person tweeted, while another called her "psychotic."

The staff at Twitchy suggested Barkin "seek help."

Barkin, the 58-year-old actress who appears in "The New Normal," a new NBC series about a gay couple who wants to have a baby using a surrogate, caused controversy in July when she expressed her hatred for conservatives in a series of profane tweets.

In August, she retweeted a message hoping that Tropical Storm Isaac would kill Republicans by washing them out to sea during the RNC convention.

My link

Liberalism is the acceptance of the idea that we must all be beholden to one another if we are to thrive and survive as a species.

Conservatism is the ironic coupling of the idea that we are all essentially free, together with the absolute mandate that we pledge our lives in voluntary servitude to wealthy white men.

It's honest cooperation versus slavery masquerading as freedom. :dunno:

Ellen Barkin's no scholar, but she has the substance of it right at heart, and the hatred and vitriol of the republican backlash against her just highlights the irony of their own position.

The far left loonies are just as bad as the extreme right wackos. And with all the new technology like twitter, facebook, 24 hour news and radio media these two groups get a bigger vehicle to distribute their nonsense. And the crazier it sounds the more TV time, re-tweets and facebook posts you get. Which then begets more loonies on the airwaves and twitter feeds trying to 'one-up" one another. It's a vicious cycle of stupidity. Sort of like a RP and IGW flame thread. And in the end we all suffer for it. We're all in a handbasket wondering where we are going.

The far left loonies are just as bad as the extreme right wackos.

end of discussion

Why does anyone care what Ellen Barkin thinks?

KSB is right. I think the conservative counterpart to Barkin might be that old Saturday Night live chick Victoria Jackson. But as with Barkin, I don't pay more attention to what actors or actresses say. They have no special political insight or influence.

Before you were born, I cared(based on the .000000000001 % chance I might hit that)...now, not so much.

KSB is right. I think the conservative counterpart to Barkin might be that old Saturday Night live chick Victoria Jackson. But as with Barkin, I don't pay more attention to what actors or actresses say. They have no special political insight or influence.

IMO the discussion is not so much the fact that a Hollywood actress said it, but rather the degree with which you agree or disagree with the sentiment.

IMO the discussion is not so much the fact that a Hollywood actress said it, but rather the degree with which you agree or disagree with the sentiment.

Why would that be a discussion? We elect representatives whose job is to serve us - the people. Only an idiot would be confused about that.

Who cares what some dumb sh!t hollywood actress thinks or says? Only conservatives who want to get their panties in a twist.

I don't agree that we belong to Obama. I don't think Obama would either.

her point is that Obama caters to his 'special interests', which isn't the middle class. And she supports that because she is a liberal apologist.

I don't think it has anything to do with belonging to obama. 'His people' are just those he panders to.

Before you were born, I cared(based on the .000000000001 % chance I might hit that)...now, not so much.

There was always something about that crooked smile I liked.

i must've missed her tweet about how we belonged to bush and her pledged allegiance to him from 2000 to 2008. it's nice to see the hollywood hacks letting us know their love for our presidents.

actually, only the district of columbia, puerto rico, guam, and samoa belong to the united states. the rest of us are sovereign.

i must've missed her tweet about how we belonged to bush and her pledged allegiance to him from 2000 to 2008. it's nice to see the hollywood hacks letting us know their love for our presidents.

actually, only the district of columbia, puerto rico, guam, and samoa belong to the united states. the rest of us are sovereign.

And they have big asses also.