Sign in to follow this  
Know Doubt

Russia Under Attack...

Mayans.

:mad: Global Warming!!! :mad:

Well, there goes my response. :(

If they die, they die.....

An asteroid passes within 17,000 miles of Earth in the next couple hours. Scientists tell us we have nothing to worry about but we all know they are just frauds. I'll see you in another life, brother.

Vladimir Chuprov of Greenpeace Russia said the Russian government has underestimated potential risks of the region. He noted that the meteor struck only 60 miles from the Mayak nuclear storage and disposal facility, which holds dozens of tons of weapons-grade plutonium.

A chemical weapons disposal facility at Shchuchye also contains some 6,000 tons of nerve agents, including sarin and VX, about 14 percent of the chemical weapons that Russia is committed to destroy.

Jeebus, that could have been bad.

This one probably uncovered 5000 tons of gold. Why does all the cool stuff happen over there

New gold reality show. Todd heads up.

How much money do you think i can get fom suing he meteorite?

:wacko:

i'm wondering how much different this story would be if the meteor had come in at a more direct angle to the earth?

the video shows it almost like it could have skimmed by but if it was 10 tons and hit going straight down...???

the explosions are pretty intense...

also click on the car dash cameras link and watch those videos, crazy stuff with fights and accidents, etc.

I have been pretty busy and just hot a chance to see this story. So, the meteor was passing over this Russian city and exploded with a force about 10 times of the Hiroshima atomic bomb and blew out tons of windows in Russia.

I'm no scientist but I am curious about what type of reaction takes place to cause the explosion. Is it just the pure speed of the meteor that causes it to explode in on itself?

Saw one story about a Russian school teacher whose class all got up to look out the window at the flashes. She ordered her 44 students to get under their desks and then the windows exploded and she was the only one who got cut up. She was injured pretty badly with cut tendons and Shiit but her students were all unharmed.

You have to wonder what would have happened if this had taken place during the Cold War when the us and ussr had their fingers on the nuclear buttons ready to react to a strike.

I have been pretty busy and just hot a chance to see this story. So, the meteor was passing over this Russian city and exploded with a force about 10 times of the Hiroshima atomic bomb and blew out tons of windows in Russia.

I'm no scientist but I am curious about what type of reaction takes place to cause the explosion. Is it just the pure speed of the meteor that causes it to explode in on itself?

Saw one story about a Russian school teacher whose class all got up to look out the window at the flashes. She ordered her 44 students to get under their desks and then the windows exploded and she was the only one who got cut up. She was injured pretty badly with cut tendons and Shiit but her students were all unharmed.

You have to wonder what would have happened if this had taken place during the Cold War when the us and ussr had their fingers on the nuclear buttons ready to react to a strike.

You know what happens when you throw a big rock into a lake?

The rock goes from a relatively resistance-free environment (the air), to a higher-resistance environment (the water), and the result is a big splash, where a bunch of the water gets pushed down, and out, and is otherwise displaced, and this makes for a big kerploosh.

It's enough energy to cause a splash, but not enough to do much damage to the rock, since you probably only get the rock moving 20 mph or so with your noodle arm.

Now, imagine the same thing. Except the rock you throw weighs 7,000 tons. The low-resistance environment your're throwing from is space, the higher-resistance environment you're throwing into is the Earth's atmosphere, and this time, you throw the rock at 40,000 mph.

That creates a couple things. One is a big atmospheric kerploosh. That's the shock wave. The other thing happens because moving that fast and hitting a higher-resistance medium is like slamming into concrete. Compare what happens to a body that jumps off a pier to what happens to a body that jumps off the Golden Gate Bridge, then ramp up the difference by astronomical orders of magnitude. So then on top of that, consider that this 7,000 ton piece of rock slamming into the atmosphere is causing all kinds of friction and shattering and chaos, while simultaneously bringing oxygen into the equation. That makes for the second thing created: big firey explosion.