Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

Draft Discussion/Commentary...

Once BlackClouds makes his roll (come on 3!!) we should be ready to begin the draft.

Let's keep the draft thread clean with only draft picks and use the same format as before for ease of adding to the draft rounds.

Example:

28.01 - Brenden Ryan, SS, SEA

27.12 - Jason Motte, P, STL

If your player is eligible at multiple positions.. just put down one for draft purposes. :cheers:

Am I missing anything Posty?

Are we not going to have a thread for each round like last year?

We are... 2 rounds per thread... But it can be possible to make your second round pick before your first round pick...

Happened to me a couple of years ago...

So are we redoing the supplemental picks from 28 on?

So are we redoing the supplemental picks from 28 on?

The draft is 28 rounds...

Then there will be 2 supplemental rounds and you will have to cut two players to get to 28 players...

At least that was what I remember from the past (except last year)...

The draft is 28 rounds...

Then there will be 2 supplemental rounds and you will have to cut two players to get to 28 players...

At least that was what I remember from the past (except last year)...

Correct sir. They generally end up being exclusives or fringe type players.

Im sorry I meant exclusives. And yes I see we are relisting them. Soinds good

Im sorry I meant exclusives. And yes I see we are relisting them. Soinds good

Yeah. List those right in the draft threads where you want them.

Funny story. I pm'd mookz trying to guve him a little help and mentioned joey bats... didnt even realize he had like 12 at bats for tampa until last night. Ofcourse I knee toronto would slot ahead of me.

Actually the entire order was not that kind :D. Oh well thats oayback for getting the top spot last seson

:first: :banana: :thumbsup: :headbanger: :pointstosky:

You have to be the heavy heavy heavy favorite

I quit

Funny story. I pm'd mookz trying to guve him a little help and mentioned joey bats... didnt even realize he had like 12 at bats for tampa until last night. Ofcourse I knee toronto would slot ahead of me.

Actually the entire order was not that kind :D. Oh well thats oayback for getting the top spot last seson

I was only worried about the Royals last season with him and of course cmh snatched him up when I was way down the draft. This year when Baltimore joined up and then I also double checked, I was sure I was gong to lose him with 3 other teams vying for his services.

So glad Miami is not represented. That helps me significantly.

Nice to see us moving right along :rolleyes:

Its not like anyone else is gonna draft Aubrey Huff, so you can go ahead and make your pick now ed.

Please don't give away my deep deep deep sleeper and by sleeper I mean sleeper.

Aubrey huff is mine!

When are we setting the supplemental order (does impact some draft strategy)?

Don't know... I was going to wait a while until the draft progressed into at least the 10th-plus round...

Don't know... I was going to wait a while until the draft progressed into at least the 10th-plus round...

seeing I have the last pick, I'd like to know. It will help me decide who to take with my 1st couple of picks

Not who i expected you to take.....

....I'm already regretting it!

....I'm already regretting it!

Its just buyers remorse. Maybe whoever else you were considering will still be there for your second round pick.

OMG this is taking forever

Seriously.

This is silly. I can't sit around all day waiting.

I quit

Uhhhh. Does know doubt know how this draft works?

Uhhhh. Does know doubt know how this draft works?

Just to clarify im not picking on know doubt. Just wondering if he knew the rules since thise is his first year.

I think drafting under the assumption certain players are already drafted has a big trickle down effect.

(And no it doesnt effect me :D )

Just to clarify im not picking on know doubt. Just wondering if he knew the rules since thise is his first year.

I think drafting under the assumption certain players are already drafted has a big trickle down effect.

(And no it doesnt effect me :D )

He asked for some advice, and i offered an opinion via PM. For some reason i brainfarted on a certain OFer that used to be a DBack. And i didnt look at his all time roster very closely. I just assumed the players he asked about were his best options. I should have advised him to wait, to at least make sure that certain OFer actually got drafted. So thats on me. He is a newbie, and changing things now wouldnt really affect anything, so maybe giving him a mulligan on his first rounder would be in order. Vacate the Mark Reynolds pick, and at least force other teams who could claim that certain OFer to draft him.

I keep seeing posts from people here and then they vanish hahah maybe im goong insane

I keep seeing posts from people here and then they vanish hahah maybe im goong insane

I posted in the draft thread (rookie mistake :wave:) and my post was deleted rather quickly. Someone is definitely on patrol. :)