Sign in to follow this  
Casual Observer

A somewhat fascinating story

i don't have the innerweb. can you summarize please?

Photographer was going to do a photo story on life after prison with an ex-convict who got into a relationship with some woman with 2 kids and ended up assaulting her. All captured in photos.

Photographer was going to do a photo story on life after prison with an ex-convict who got into a relationship with some woman with 2 kids and ended up assaulting her. All captured in photos.

That doesn't sound fascinating at all.

It's heartbreaking to most. People who want to pound dudes' faces into gravel find it fascinating.

If you like White Trash Days of Our Lives, it's the focking cat's meow.

It's heartbreaking to most. People who want to pound dudes' faces into gravel find it fascinating.

What I found fascinating was the fact that the NYT portrays this stupid, selfish biatch with any amount of sympathy at all. In fact, I think she's the No. 1 villain of the story.

Was that a Mensa reference directed at me?

What I found fascinating was the fact that the NYT portrays this stupid, selfish biatch with any amount of sympathy at all. In fact, I think she's the No. 1 villain of the story.

I think it would be facinating to watch you get a hot sauce enema. Wanna bend over?

No thanks. Don't you get enough pleasure out of doing that to your boyfriend?

What an original comeback. Did you think of that all on your own?

Yeah, she sucks. Photo-journalist seems like a doosh as well.

Mensa alias confirmed.

That's funny little buddy. Just last week you were implying that I was RP's alias. Can't I just be me? :dunno:

Why on Earth would you want to be you? :lol:

A 19 year old who gets jealous isn't a villain, she's like every other 19 year old girl out there. Could she have handled things differently? Sure. But she didn't deserve getting beat up over it. Seriously, who the fock lays a focking finger on a woman? Shane is a piece of sh!t. No other way to see it....unless you have an immensamind where Jesus kicks ass, domestic abusers are victims, and threats are simply promises.

A 19 year old who gets jealous isn't a villain, she's like every other 19 year old girl out there. Could she have handled things differently? Sure. But she didn't deserve getting beat up over it. Seriously, who the fock lays a focking finger on a woman? Shane is a piece of sh!t. No other way to see it....unless you have an immensamind where Jesus kicks ass, domestic abusers are victims, and threats are simply promises.

Don't misdirect into "a 19 year-old who gets jealous" alley and then absolve her of any responsibility. She's a 19 year-old mom of two young children. She left the childrens' father to get involved with a white-trash ex con with tattoos up his neck and substance abuse problems to lead a brief life of living in trailers and sleeping on friends' couches and smoking Newports (even though she has no money) and allowing her and her children to be exposed this violent, low impulse control guy. She did that to satisfy her desires, without much thought to what would be best for her children. She even exposes her thoughts as to the tension between her little boy and ex-con as he was man-handling the little boy on a near daily basis. Anyone with half a brain could guess how this situation was going to turn out before it even began. Then she ends up going back to the kids' father. That's the only right move she made here. But don't dare point a finger at her - she's a victim. She's Villain No. 1. She didn't have to get involved with this dude in the first place. You want to put Shane at Villain 1a - that's fine. The victims are the children.

Of all people on this board, I expected a Darwin-award, HBD, evolutionary-type response from you that would condemn this chick's stupidity or at least advocate for the State to take away her children.

The photographer / reporter is a pvssy. Should have thrown his pansy ass down the stairs and confiscated his camera he couldn't benefit monetarily from this. :thumbsdown:

Don't misdirect into "a 19 year-old who gets jealous" alley and then absolve her of any responsibility. She's a 19 year-old mom of two young children. She left the childrens' father to get involved with a white-trash ex con with tattoos up his neck and substance abuse problems to lead a brief life of living in trailers and sleeping on friends' couches and smoking Newports (even though she has no money) and allowing her and her children to be exposed this violent, low impulse control guy. She did that to satisfy her desires, without much thought to what would be best for her children. She even exposes her thoughts as to the tension between her little boy and ex-con as he was man-handling the little boy on a near daily basis. Anyone with half a brain could guess how this situation was going to turn out before it even began. Then she ends up going back to the kids' father. That's the only right move she made here. But don't dare point a finger at her - she's a victim. She's Villain No. 1. She didn't have to get involved with this dude in the first place. You want to put Shane at Villain 1a - that's fine. The victims are the children.

Of all people on this board, I expected a Darwin-award, HBD, evolutionary-type response from you that would condemn this chick's stupidity or at least advocate for the State to take away her children.

Uh oh, here come the long winded replies. :overhead:

I didn't absolve her of responsibility. I said she could have handled things differently. At the same time, 19 year olds should be allowed to make mistakes. What's sad...not fascinating....is that her mistakes might haunt her and her children for years. Again, most people feel awful about these kinds of stories. You're fascinated and want to assign blame to a chick who was beat up. Not Mensa like at all. :rolleyes:

About a month ago, a woman from Target was shot and dismembered by her husband. They met after this dude had been in prison for 10 years for rape. Got married and have an 18 month old kid. Obviously a poor choice made on her part, but what kind of asswhole points the finger at her? She made a mistake....that makes her naive, not a villain.

I think it's incredibly ignorant to basically say these women had it coming. They should have known better. For whatever reason women get in these relationships. They deserve our support and compassion to get out of these relationships before it is too late. At least the 19 year old did. Many women aren't so fortunate.

The photographer / reporter is a pvssy. Should have thrown his pansy ass down the stairs and confiscated his camera he couldn't benefit monetarily from this. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

The 3 year old did more to stop the fight than the photographer.

I didn't absolve her of responsibility. I said she could have handled things differently. At the same time, 19 year olds should be allowed to make mistakes. What's sad...not fascinating....is that her mistakes might haunt her and her children for years. Again, most people feel awful about these kinds of stories. You're fascinated and want to assign blame to a chick who was beat up. Not Mensa like at all. :rolleyes:

About a month ago, a woman from Target was shot and dismembered by her husband. They met after this dude had been in prison for 10 years for rape. Got married and have an 18 month old kid. Obviously a poor choice made on her part, but what kind of asswhole points the finger at her? She made a mistake....that makes her naive, not a villain.

I think it's incredibly ignorant to basically say these women had it coming. They should have known better. For whatever reason women get in these relationships. They deserve our support and compassion to get out of these relationships before it is too late. At least the 19 year old did. Many women aren't so fortunate.

I think you missed what I termed 'fascinating'. It wasn't the factual occurrences of this story - it was that the author painted this chick in a favorable light. Maybe I should have said 'perverse'.

Here, saying she could have handled things differently is the equivalent of absolving her of responsibility. Poor women, never able to appreciate obvious dangers of situations that they intentionally get themselves into. If she had stepped into a lion's cage at the zoo, would you be saying 'poor her' or 'that chick's a focking idiot' when the lion mauled her?

On a related note, why are several of you still suffering from "Mensa Transference Disorder"?

It is obvious that this story pissed me off, but maybe the whole thing is fake.

You should go rub his face in asphalt until you see bone :thumbsup:

I think you missed what I termed 'fascinating'. It wasn't the factual occurrences of this story - it was that the author painted this chick in a favorable light. Maybe I should have said 'perverse'.

Here, saying she could have handled things differently is the equivalent of absolving her of responsibility. Poor women, never able to appreciate obvious dangers of situations that they intentionally get themselves into. If she had stepped into a lion's cage at the zoo, would you be saying 'poor her' or 'that chick's a focking idiot' when the lion mauled her?

On a related note, why are several of you still suffering from "Mensa Transference Disorder"?

How did the author paint Maggie in a favorable light?

The author did mention that Shane was in a Christian rock band, whose first single was going to be called, "Jesus Kicks Ass". That was positive for Shane.

I'm sure you think children who are abused are culpable as well. They should have known that Father McRapey was wrong to play with their peemus. They should have told someone before 34 years had elapsed. Kids should know the obvious dangers of being an altar boy.

And people wouldn't think you are Mensa if you didn't sound exactly like Mensa.

The author did mention that Shane was in a Christian rock band, whose first single was going to be called, "Jesus Kicks Ass". That was positive for Shane.

I'm sure you think children who are abused are culpable as well. They should have known that Father McRapey was wrong to play with their peemus. They should have told someone before 34 years had elapsed. Kids should know the obvious dangers of being an altar boy.And people wouldn't think you are Mensa if you didn't sound exactly like Mensa.

Nice false equivalency. I've never said anything even close to that. Maggie, however, is an adult. She is culpable.

If you believe Shane was in a Christian rock band, then I'll believe that you're going to be the next Pope.

Mensa needs to pay you some rent for the space he's occuupying in your head.

An officer of the Court shouldn't do such things, little buddy. You know that, right?

No but a totally kickass tough guy with 7% body fat does. :bandana:

No but a totally kickass tough guy with 7% body fat does. :bandana:

One of these days you're going to have to settle on the alias that I really am, little buddy. Quit being so schizophrenic about it.

what kind of asswhole points the finger at her?

immensamind :dunno:

One of these days you're going to have to settle on the alias that I really am, little buddy. Quit being so schizophrenic about it.

Whatever you say, Bert!

It's an ongoing frustration taht the NYTimes is blocked but at least now I know what the story is. After wiffleball got refused to clarify, I just gave up.

No way it's fake. The New York Times has too much journalistic integrity to run a false or misleading story. :nono:

No way it's fake. The New York Times has too much journalistic integrity to run a false or misleading story. :nono:

Actually it's not the NY Times. It's Time magazine. I can get the link after al. I didn't even try the first time.

Actually it's not the NY Times. It's Time magazine. I can get the link after al. I didn't even try the first time.

Difference being? :dunno:

Difference being? :dunno:

One is a prominent magazine and the other is a prominent newspaper. They have different managment.

I'm sure you think children who are abused are culpable as well. They should have known that Father McRapey was wrong to play with their peemus. They should have told someone before 34 years had elapsed. Kids should know the obvious dangers of being an altar boy.

And people wouldn't think you are Mensa if you didn't sound exactly like Mensa.

Sounds more like Mephisto to me My link :dunno: