Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Ahmad Bradshaw to the Colts

http://blogs.colts.com/

With minicamp less than a week away, Colts GM Ryan Grigson added another major splash in the 2013 offseason as the Colts have agreed to terms with former New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw.

Mid range #2 RB I'm guessing.

http://blogs.colts.com/

Mid range #2 RB I'm guessing.

If he is a bell cow then 1,200 yds and 8-10 scores is possible. But They have 2 other backs there and Bradshaw is no t a picture of health. I put him at low end RB2 value and would say he is a 5th round pick -- maybe 4th if you don't have a RB and need to take a chance.

He'll need to take the job from Ballard, but should be able to. I'd expect a RBBC though.

I wouldn't touch Bradshaw unless he's going late. Dude has all kinds of feet issues. I don't see him becoming the bell cow in any way because I don't think his body is up for the task. Colts are signing him as a complementary piece IMO.

Ballard stinks. Bradshaw will be good for 12+ carries and some receptions every game imo. Not a work horse but a decent start in PPR leagues

so where does this put ballard in drafts then?

current adp is approx. 5.02.

im not a believer in bradshaw's foot holding up, so wondering where people see ballard going off the bored with bradshaw in Ind.

All things being equal, I believe that Bradshaw would significantly out-produce Ballard. Bradshaw is a serious health threat, though, they'll probably limit his touches.

Ballard's adp should take a significant hit with this signing. Brown, Ballard and Bradshaw make a pretty good RB trio, can you say RBBC.

I wouldn't touch the Indy RB situation with the last pick of a FF draft at this point....well maybe!!

He wont take the job from Ballard... He's a RB3 at best... probably a RB4

Please

Did you watch Ballard last year? He's not good. Assuming good health, Bradshaw is the alpha male of the Indy RBs.............

Solid #2 back..........

I suspect Bradshaw will get you reasonable production. They aren't going to work him hard enough to get solid production and the chances og him getting hurt are high.

I'd say if you like WRs early and get caught without a RB2 come rounds 5/6 this could be your guy. He'd be an acceptable plug but you'd have to come back again around 8 or 9 and grab Ballard.

Please

Did you watch Ballard last year? He's not good. Assuming good health, Bradshaw is the alpha male of the Indy RBs.............

Solid #2 back..........

The colts line sucked. Ballard was running pretty damn good towards the end of the year considering how poor the line was. He had problems with vision and decisiveness early, but made significant improvements as the year went on. He was actually pretty good towards then end of closing out games (the few they led in late). I'm not convinced AB is a better runner than VB at this point. AB is definetly better in the pass game as a blocker and receiver though. Not sure who starts, but barring injury it will likely be near a 50/50 split for touches. I'd guess that VB starts and AB is kept healthy and fresh most of the season and used a lot on 3rd down, but not exclusively as a 3rd down back. Either way it will be a close split.

I own Ballard in several dynasty leagues, so this sucks for me

As I see it ...

Bradshaw has bad feet/toes and the turf will make it even harder for him to stay healthy. I don't think he will last, but I am biased.

Ballard is strong but not fast. A younger/stronger BJGE. Solid but not many big plays.

I'm holding Ballard where I have him and trying to buy low where I don't. I'm testing for Bradshaw where I have Ballard but the price is too high in all places. Most owners want 1st round value now and I'm not willing to pay that for a guy I don't trust.

Bradshaw is a better back than Ballard. An I had Ballard last year. But Bradshaw won't stay healthy so why bother.

i will wait until preseason to judge this outcome ...plus there still his d brown there also