Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Pebble Beach Is Focking Awesome

The wife and I are in Carmel CA for a week on vacation. I played Pebble Saturday and will be playing Spy Glass tomorrow. The clouds and fog lifted about an hour before my tee time making the weather absolutely perfect. Because of all the hype I didn't think Pebble would live up to expectations but it certainly did. From a pure golf course stand point it isn't the greatest but the location and the way the course is laid out on this piece of land is truly awesome.

What'd you pay for Greens Fees? Solid beer cart? Get paired up? How'd you choose Carmel? Pearland full?

What'd you pay for Greens Fees? Solid beer cart? Get paired up? How'd you choose Carmel? Pearland full?

500, excellent (Ds), yes a couple from Scotland, our tmeshare has a place in Carmel over looking the pacific, too close to Houston and the hoody riots (from what I have seen they don't let black people into Carmel and do not allow hoodies period).

Speaking of riots, I'd like to start the "Who wants to kick Bert in the 'nards right now" thread. Dayum. Lucky bastard!

But, in fairness, the 'tard works like a Messican and totally deserves it. And, his wife deserves 4 hours away from him.

Please choke to death on your dinner tonight focktard. :music_guitarred:

500, excellent (Ds), yes a couple from Scotland, our tmeshare has a place in Carmel over looking the pacific, too close to Houston and the hoody riots (from what I have seen they don't let black people into Carmel and do not allow hoodies period).

So great. $500 is tough to justify for a round of golf. I guess if you have it, then it's worth it. Good for you.

one of my favorite US towns. mrs and i are talking about talking a long weekend down there for our anniversary in sept.

I have some....um, step in-laws I guess is what you call them, who live just across 17 Mile Drive overlooking Pebble Beach. Went out a few years ago.

They have about 3 acres with about a 2000 sq ft house down by the road, with a big ass house up the hill. About a dozen redwoods on the property. It looks out over the golf course just South of the clubhouse. Pretty much straight back from the big peninsula with a green at the end. Sorry, we were just there for the night so I didn't play the course and don't pay that much attention when the PGA is there.

No telling what the place is worth. They drove us around and showed us where Eastwood and Madden live.

Definitely pretty around there.

So great. $500 is tough to justify for a round of golf. I guess if you have it, then it's worth it. Good for you.

i paid 1100 for a 3some with a member at Baltusrol a few years ago. So... ~370 per person which included greens fees, caddie fees, lunch at the turn and some snacks and cocktails after. I didn't think that was too bad since a normal CC you're likely giving the caddie 75-100 after the round. We paired up with someone random but it was a member who was obviously expecting to kind of be our "tour guide". No beer cart and lunch was just a sandwich or hotdog and a gatorade at the halfway house but afterward was some decent appetizers and a few drinks. Obviously all that is on the members dime so we couldn't just sit there and have 10 drinks each. More like chat a bit with the guy knock a few back and say goodbye.

all in all it was well worth it to play a course i had just been to a few years prior to watch the PGA championship. Got to hit a shot from Jacks plaque. good stuff.

You guys gonna go on the "17 mile drive"?

It's worth it :thumbsup:

Just got back from dinner at Pacific's Edge. The view is unbelievable and the service wonderful. The wife had the filet which was on par with most upscale steakhouses. I had the scallops. They were very good and cooked to perfection but the crab mashed potatoes and the fava beans with pancetta kicked it over the top.

Number 7 was about 96 yards downhill. Gorgeous hole. You have a 270 degree view of the coastline from the tee box. I played a sand wedge and managed to hit the front part of the green and two putted for par. Now number six is an unbelievable hole. It was like one day God looked at Satan and said: “Hey Lucifer. Fock you! I’ll show you evil!”

Make sure you say hey to the coolest wife I ever met. You won the MF'ing lottery man. But you deserve it.

You guys gonna go on the "17 mile drive"?

It's worth it :thumbsup:

We did 17 mile drive Saturday. We drove up to Big Basin Redwoods State park today and did a couple of trails. It was the first time I had been that close to real mature redwoods.

We are going to Phil's in Moss Landing tomorrow after golf for cioppino.

Make sure you say hey to the coolest wife I ever met. You won the MF'ing lottery man. But you deserve it.

She says "Hi Wiffleball".

We did 17 mile drive Saturday. We drove up to Big Basin Redwoods State park today and did a couple of trails. It was the first time I had been that close to real mature redwoods.

We are going to Phil's in Moss Landing tomorrow after golf for cioppino.

:music_guitarred:

One of the most beautiful areas I've ever had the pleasure to see. Glad you like it so far.

Have you ever been to the Lake Tahoe area yet?

:music_guitarred:

One of the most beautiful areas I've ever had the pleasure to see. Glad you like it so far.

Have you ever been to the Lake Tahoe area yet?

Not yet. Our timeshare has two places in Tahoe. We will probably be in Truckee at the Northstar Lodge in July next year.

Great trip... Got to drive through the property, stopped at the clubhouse - what a beautiful place. I hope to play the course one day. Carmel is a cool town.

If you're still out there, you gotta check out Pfieffer Beach. It's in Big Sur.

Bert wipes his azz with $500. $1,000 if he had chili the day before. He'll just go back to work next week and make more.....

I am definitely jealous. The views must make it tough to concentrate on the golf.

On a side note, I played TPC Boston yesterday where they play the Deustche Bank on Labor Day weekend. Really nice course and tough (for us). The guy I played with said the course was better than Pebble, but I am not buying it. :dunno:

From everything i've heard, you'll like Spyglass more than pebble. Enjoy man, sounds awesome.

I played there in like 2002 - no idea how much it was as we didn't pay for it but it was a GREAT time. Pebble IMO has the best holes but I actually thought SpyGlass and Spanish Bay were maybe even nicer. We were there from thursday to Sunday . Would wake up early and play Pebble than Spanish Bay -- Next Day Pebble again and Spy glass - the Day after we played Cypress Point. Best Golf trip I have ever been on.

Never played it - but #'s 8, 9, and 10 look like they could really fock up a scorecard.

I shot a 39 on the back nine from the whites at Pebble Beach...

so what if it was opti-golf

I got lucky again with the weather. It was cloudy and misty most of the morning but by the 4th hole the clouds cleared and the weather was perfect. Spyglass didn’t have the scenic views of Pebble but overall is a better golf course. Spyglass has narrower fairways, thicker rough, trees (lots of trees) and is much less forgiving over all.

Today we are going to check out a couple of wineries in Corralitos.

I got lucky again with the weather. It was cloudy and misty most of the morning but by the 4th hole the clouds cleared and the weather was perfect. Spyglass didn’t have the scenic views of Pebble but overall is a better golf course. Spyglass has narrower fairways, thicker rough, trees (lots of trees) and is much less forgiving over all.

Today we are going to check out a couple of wineries in Corralitos.

Should try Spanish Bay I really liked it.

pssst...only 2 hrs from sf

I would like to but I have already dropped more the $900 on golf this week. Besides I'll be here in a couple of months for a conference. Hopefully, I'll get a consultant to take us out to Spanish Bay.

If possible - it's private but try Cypress Point -- I played it once and IMO it was better than all the other courses in the area combined.

If possible - it's private but try Cypress Point -- I played it once and IMO it was better than all the other courses in the area combined.

Intereting. Are there any other public courses in the area you would recommend. Bayonet and Blackhorse look like they could be good. I will probably be playing 2 or 3 times when I come back.

Intereting. Are there any other public courses in the area you would recommend. Bayonet and Blackhorse look like they could be good. I will probably be playing 2 or 3 times when I come back.

Only played those 4 -- If you can swing Cypress Point - that has got to be on of the the top 5 courses in the US if not the world.

My top 5

Pine Valley - NJ

Cypress Point - CA

Teeth of Dog - Dominican

Pebble beach - CA

Shadow Creek - Vegas

Those are the top 5 favorite courses I have played. Pine Valley IMO was the best I have ever played.

My top 5 would be:

Old Head - Kinsale, Ireland

Pebble - Carmel, CA

Seven Canyons - Sedona, AZ

Cascata - Las Vegas, NV

Spyglass - Carmel, CA

I'll play along

Forest Dunes - Roscommon, MI

Arcadia Bluffs - Arcadia, MI

Badlands - Las Vegas, NV

Blackwolf Run - Kohler, WI

Paiute (Wolf Course) - Las Vegas, NV

My top 5 would be:

OldMaid Head - Kinsale, Ireland

Pebble - Carmel, CA

Seven Canyons - Sedona, AZ

Cascata - Las Vegas, NV

Spyglass - Carmel, CA

:shocking: I have heard the back nine there is fantastic :dunno:

I'll play along

Forest Dunes - Roscommon, MI

Arcadia Bluffs - Arcadia, MI

Badlands - Las Vegas, NV

Blackwolf Run - Kohler, WI

Paiute (Wolf Course) - Las Vegas, NV

You played Blackwolf w/o playing Whistling Straits? :( WS IMO is the far better course at the American Club.

You played Blackwolf w/o playing Whistling Straits? :( WS IMO is the far better course at the American Club.

Srcrew WS! No carts?!?! WTF is that? Do these people not know how heavy and akward it is to carry an ice chest?