Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Why are they protesting Stand Your Ground

When SYG wasn't even invoked as part of the defense in the Zimm case?

Is it because they are too stoopid to realize this little nugget?

And, SYG seems pretty reasonable to me. Why should I have to run away from somebody who has intent to harm me if I have the means to roon his hoodie?

They are using their fabricated tragedy to push their political agenda.

Someone has to pay, they could not crucify Zimemrman, so the taxpayers are up!

When SYG wasn't even invoked as part of the defense in the Zimm case?

Is it because they are too stoopid to realize this little nugget?

And, SYG seems pretty reasonable to me. Why should I have to run away from somebody who has intent to harm me if I have the means to roon his hoodie?

My guess would be the same reason they cheered OJ getting off when there was 10 times more evedience against him than Zimmerman.

So, basically Black people think it's manly to shoot somebody then speed away and hide like a biotch, but if you SYG and do it, that's bad?

...shakeshead....

They are using their fabricated tragedy to push their political agenda.

This is correct for the media and politicians who allegedly are intelligent enough to know that Stand Your Ground played no part in the trial.

Sadly, many of the people who are most adamant that Zimmerman is guilty, the jury was racist, America is racist, yadda, yadda, yadda, are the very same people railing against the Stand Your Ground Law leading to a horrible injustice.

I like when one of these people comes out of the gate about the role Stand Your Ground played in the Zimmerman case. It allows me to dismiss them quicker as someone who didn't even take the time to avail themselves of the facts of the case so why bother discussing it with someone do ignorant.

Wouldn't it be more apropos to be called "lay and get pounded into shooting someone"

My guess would be the same reason they cheered OJ getting off when there was 10 times more evedience against him than Zimmerman.

10 times may be an understatement. but i agree with this sentiment.

I keep seeing it in the media too. They'll even mention "while stand your ground wasn't actually involved in the Zimmerman case..." Then why the fock are you talking about it? :doh:

So, basically Black people think it's manly to shoot somebody then speed away and hide like a biotch, but if you SYG and do it, that's bad?

...shakeshead....

You see, statements like this are exactly why some people see this as a racial issue.

You see, statements like this are exactly why some people see this as a racial issue.

I think Peenie's the only black person who reads this craptastic bored.

What kills me is how tired of white peoples crap they are or alledge to be........do they not have any idea how sick of THEIR BS we are?

There's more to the "Stand your ground" law than just the proposition that you can stand your ground. It fundamentally shifted the burden of proof for a defendant claiming self defense, which took the pressure off of Z to testify to establish the requisite elements for self-defense.

This is correct for the media and politicians who allegedly are intelligent enough to know that Stand Your Ground played no part in the trial.

Sadly, many of the people who are most adamant that Zimmerman is guilty, the jury was racist, America is racist, yadda, yadda, yadda, are the very same people railing against the Stand Your Ground Law leading to a horrible injustice.

I like when one of these people comes out of the gate about the role Stand Your Ground played in the Zimmerman case. It allows me to dismiss them quicker as someone who didn't even take the time to avail themselves of the facts of the case so why bother discussing it with someone do ignorant.

Yeah, I was specifically referring to Eric Holder's speech to the naacp a couple of days ago where he said we need to do away with SYG laws. Focking Asshoal. :thumbsdown:

There's more to the "Stand your ground" law than just the proposition that you can stand your ground. It fundamentally shifted the burden of proof for a defendant claiming self defense, which took the pressure off of Z to testify to establish the requisite elements for self-defense.

To me, it just puts armed citizens on the same footing as cops have had forever. All a cop has to do is CLAIM he felt endangered and he's justified in using lethal force. Without that fundamental shift, you have a two-tier justice system depending upon whether you have a badge or not. And, like I said, if I have a right to be somewhere and someone attacks me, there shouldn't be some legal fiction about me having to try and run away before I can defend myself.

To me, it just puts armed citizens on the same footing as cops have had forever. All a cop has to do is CLAIM he felt endangered and he's justified in using lethal force. Without that fundamental shift, you have a two-tier justice system depending upon whether you have a badge or not. And, like I said, if I have a right to be somewhere and someone attacks me, there shouldn't be some legal fiction about me having to try and run away before I can defend myself.

Well, it's still two-tiered even with stand your ground when you consider that the prosecutor is the official who decides whether or not to file charges. In most cases they are not going to file charges against a cop who shoots someone while on duty.

African Americans benefit from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing “Stand Your Ground” would help African Americans.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-benefit-from-florida-stand-your-ground-law-at-disproportionate-rate/#ixzz2ZKw3LKUu

I am really trying not to pay any more attention to this Trayvon - Zimmerman thing but its all over the news and all people talk about. 90% of them don't even know what actually happened and its getting on my damn nerves.

Then why the fock are you talking about it? :doh:

This is a rhetorical question, right? :rolleyes: I mean, we all know WHY the liberal media is talking about it.

I am really trying not to pay any more attention to this Trayvon - Zimmerman thing but its all over the news and all people talk about. 90% of them don't even know what actually happened and its getting on my damn nerves.

I agree with you at this point. It's over. Move on.