Sign in to follow this  
bbrowd24

Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris

Very close one. In PPR it is clearly TR because Alf doesn't catch passes. In standard scoring I'd give a very slight edge to TR because the receiving yards will add to his total yardage.

Morris scares me - I think the threat of Griffin running really opened holes from him and the Skins will be cautious with RG3 assuming he even comes back 100%. Trent on the other hand is the best RB talent in a decade and the unquestioned bell cow on a team that should have a pretty good D and not much else to rely on. I'd be delighted with Trent in the mid first and think I'd sooner take a top WR or QB than Morris at the 1-2 curve or even later. It's not even much of a question for me, Trent easily.

trent easy pick for me

• Like 1

For some reason, the more A. Morris is disrespected, the more I like him.

TRich, to me, is a the scariest projected 1st round RB I've seen in a long time. He's got two things working against him. An anemic offense is one, and he's an injury risk. I can't take this guy in the first round.

Morris claims to have worked out all off season, and be faster and stronger. I would expect him to be at least 85% of last year.

The only thing favoring Richardson is receptions. It's a stretch to think he'll out-rush Morris.

TR is on the Browns.

Nuff said, give me AM

Alf is a fine player. I'd be happy with him in the 2nd if I went WR in the 1st. T Rich is better all around though, so I'd take him over Morris.

I always find it interesting when people base predictions on their gut feeling that one guy will have a worse season than last and another will certainly do better. As in Tony Richardson will definitely rush for more yards than last year and more TDs and will not catch any fewer passes, but Morris certainly will not rush better and certainly not catch any more balls.

Based on 2012:

Optimistic Richardson

1200 - 8 TDs, 50 - 400 -3 (168 Rushpts, 58 Recpts (108PPR Recpts)

Realistic Morris

1500 - 11, 20 - 200 -1 (216 Rushpts, 26 Recpts (46PPR Recpts)

I have found that realism tends to win out.

As in Tony Richardson will definitely rush for more yards than last year and more TDs and will not catch any fewer passes, but Morris certainly will not rush better and certainly not catch any more balls.

Oh wait..fock, were talking about Tony Richardson :doh: that changes everything..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Richardson

Morris is definetly going to outrush him!

Morris scares me - I think the threat of Griffin running really opened holes from him and the Skins will be cautious with RG3 assuming he even comes back 100%. Trent on the other hand is the best RB talent in a decade and the unquestioned bell cow on a team that should have a pretty good D and not much else to rely on. I'd be delighted with Trent in the mid first and think I'd sooner take a top WR or QB than Morris at the 1-2 curve or even later. It's not even much of a question for me, Trent easily.

Except for a rb named adrian peterson drafted in 2007.

Except for a rb named adrian peterson drafted in 2007.

I couldn't remember when AP was drafted focker. :doh:

Trent reminds me most of Ladainian Tomlinson. Not that I think he will have that kind of career, but he's the rare RB talent who is so good that he's assured of almost 400 touches and huge numbers regardless of his team.

I had a brain fart. :doh:

It spurred you to post again. :doh: :doh:

I know. I've been a ghost here latley! Had a couple drafts going with a bunch of members from here so I decided to go silent for a couple months.

And the flip side of RG3 not running as much equals more GL opportunities for AM. I'd have a hard time passing on TR in a PPR but in traditional scoring AM is a no-brainer.

... to use a horse racing analogy: Alf is a 15k bullring claimer, while TR has the champion pedigree. BA-BOOM.

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!1!

T-Rich all the way. Alfred Morris will not have a good season because I do not like the Redskins. :rolleyes:

Browns OC Norv Turner wants Trent Richardson to carry the ball 300 times this season.

"Obviously, the trend in the league is to not do that, but I think it depends on your team and everyone around it," Turner said. "If that player is your best player, then I think it's probably a good thing to have him in the game and give him the ball. So I would hope Trent would have that many carries." Only five running backs carried the ball at least 300 times last season; Richardson toted it 267 times. Stacked up at 5-foot-11 and 224 pounds, he's certainly built to handle the load.
Jul 23 - 5:38 PM

I'd really like to see Richardson take the next step, but you just can't give him the nod over Morris after Morris' monsterous season. Until he proves that his rookie year was a fluke I think you have to go with Morris. Trent Richardson isn't far behind, but I give the nod to Morris.

Morris had a monster season last year, and it is hard to imagine him improving on it by very much. 2012 might be his ceiling.

TRich underperformed somewhat due to injuries and a 3.7 ypc #.

By most accounts and where they were drafted (NFL draft) TRich is the more talented player.

Do you prefer Morris at say 85% of last year's #'s or TRich at 120%?

TR is the sexy pick and will go first, Morris will outscore him both standard and PPR.

Morris, never draft a brown.

This is also wise advice... Talent doesn't mean anything when the box is stacked with great defenses in the division...

TR is the sexy pick and will go first, Morris will outscore him both standard and PPR.

I am not so sure Trich is still a "sexy" pick.. lots of hate for him on every forum I read..