Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

The Walking Dead Season 5

I had a good guffaw at the trees falling on all the walkers during the storm :lol:

Uprooted trees and the like and yet that rickety ass barn was completely intact. :doh:

ok is it just me or did everybody think if even the bottled water was tainted the minute it started raining these idiots started looking for containers to put the water in. Hey why don't you use the f****** bottles already in front of you?

ok is it just me or did everybody think if even the bottlef water was painted the minute it started raining these idiots started looking for containers to put the water in. Hey why don't you use the f****** bottles already in front of you

Or why didn't they just let the mulleted fake scientist try it out since they all hate him anyways?

Or why didn't they just let the mulleted fake scientist try it out since they all hate him anyways?

Seriously, Gimger Joe tried to kill him, but then saves hiim?

I particularly liked the walking scene, no not that one the other walking scene. But just when I thought it couldn't get any better than they have the sitting seen. Wow I am emotionally drained.

so, I guess from talking dead, the whole zombie, barn door scene was not a dream?

No there was a zombie horde at the doors but then the storm made it so all the trees fell down and the tree limbs impaled the zombies. Yet somehow not one tree fell on the barn and the barn itself withstood the hurricane :rolleyes:

No there was a zombie horde at the doors but then the storm made it so all the trees fell down and the tree limbs impaled the zombies. Yet somehow not one tree fell on the barn and the barn itself withstood the hurricane :rolleyes:

The storm did not uproot the trees. Jacob sent the smoke monster to drop trees on the walkers.

Uprooted trees and the like and yet that rickety ass barn was completely intact. :doh:

A tornado happened. Of course, we should have expected that in the renowned tornado alley right outside Washington DC.

If you go back and watch Twister, you end up cringing a lot at the bad dialogue and stupid plot. That last episode was a lot like Twister, minus special effects. To the extreme.

ok is it just me or did everybody think if even the bottled water was tainted the minute it started raining these idiots started looking for containers to put the water in. Hey why don't you use the f****** bottles already in front of you?

You'd think that after a couple of years surviving in a zombie apocalypse, they would have picked up a couple of actual survival skills at some point.

And why doesn't he have a broken nose after the face plant on the road? But you make him food/water taster, by all means.

Did they check at the bottom of that bridge they fought the walkers, to see if there was any water down there. They were going over a BRIDGE.

Not a good episode for Rick the Leader.

"We're not going to check out those damn vehicles!" Ok we'll go, but that's it! :mad:

"We're not going to their damn town!" Okay we'll sneak up on the town at night and check it out, but that's it! :mad:

"We're keeping these two ghey dudes we don't really know apart for the night so they can't conspire against us!" Okay fine, we'll let em snuggle :mad:

Aw hell let's just drive right up to the damn town in broad daylight

• Like 1

watching the actress who plays Michonne on talking dead. Wow, that is one of the prettiest black woman I have ever seen in my life, not just pretty absolutely f****** stunning. and smart as hell, went to Yale, is a playwright, I'm pretty much in love.

Walking Dead creative decisions in a nutshell:

"Out of all the the scenes we have to draw from, which scene should we put in the new promo for the reruns?"

"How about that insultingly lazy scene where the van topples off the bridge and is clearly, obviously, UNMISTAKABLY! going to land on its nose or top but then cut to ground view and it miraculously lands flat on its wheels, defying all laws of physics and common sense?"

"Perfect! Run with it!"

:doh:

I will preliminarily state that this past episode was soooooooooooooooooo far superior than the previous 2 episodes that I'm willing to nominate it for an Oscar.

I will preliminarily state that this past episode was soooooooooooooooooo far superior than the previous 2 episodes that I'm willing to nominate it for an Oscar.

This one did leave me waiting for next week, whereas the past two left me thinking I needed a new show to watch

Where is your Fvcking commentary to the latest episode :mad: it's already Hump day. !!!!

Anybody else notice that Judith has a freakishly large head?

My little son commented on that. I think it was when they all got our of the car at the end he said "I wouldn't want to head butt that baby,she has a huge noggin"

• Like 1

Where is your Fvcking commentary to the latest episode :mad: it's already Hump day. !!!!

Good point. I may not finish my self indulgent ramblings until Friday at earliest. But definitely before the next episode. Stupid work and drinking get in the way. So I'll either do it during a lull at work or while I'm drinking. Or both.

:cheers:

I look forward to the small things in life.

Finally a really good episode. Sucks this show has like 2 bad ones for every good one. Look forward to seeing what the "catch" is with this new place to live.

The Route 23 Caddy scene was awesome. The overhead shot was so bloody it looked like a video game.

Not a good episode for Rick the Leader.

"We're not going to check out those damn vehicles!" Ok we'll go, but that's it! :mad:

"We're not going to their damn town!" Okay we'll sneak up on the town at night and check it out, but that's it! :mad:

"We're keeping these two ghey dudes we don't really know apart for the night so they can't conspire against us!" Okay fine, we'll let em snuggle :mad:

Aw hell let's just drive right up to the damn town in broad daylight

Isn't that setting up for conflict if nobody listens to him anymore? Fight for control of the group?

Could make for interesting episodes later on.

Isn't that setting up for conflict if nobody listens to him anymore? Fight for control of the group?

Could make for interesting episodes later on.

And Carol was pretty much the only that was on his side throughout -- "even though you were wrong, you were right."

Ironic that he threw cast her out at one time. And why did he toss her out? For doing the wrong thing, even though it was right :o

can we kill the f****** mullet while we're at it? Damn that crippled black kid. They're both worthless as all hell.

I get the feeling Rick is going to have a Sophie's choice moment in the future.

I'm not a phag. Explain what Sophie's Choice moment means. Please.

Sophie's choice was a movie about a woman was forced to choose which of her children lived during the holocaust. The Nazis made her pick which kid went to the gas chamber.

Sophie's choice was a movie about a woman was forced to choose which of her children lived during the holocaust. The Nazis made her pick which kid went to the gas chamber.

It was a novel first :doh:

A rather famous novel at that. Award winning, top selling, widely regarded to be one of the best american novels of the 20th century. Pretty weird a blowhard know it all wouldn't have known that :lol:

A rather famous novel at that. Award winning, top selling, widely regarded to be one of the best american novels of the 20th century. Pretty weird a blowhard know it all wouldn't have known that :lol:

You're right. I bet more people read the book than saw the movie. How stupid of me. But yeah, I think something is going to go down where Rick has to make a choice, which has been his whole deal throughout the show.

5.11 The Distance

I tried my best to forget that putrid pile of crap from last week like it was that creepy uncle that hangs out in high school parking lots that nobody in the family talks about anymore. But the stench lingers. How exactly do we go from a scene of walkers pushing their way into a barn one minute vs. the entire group pushing back the doors, except for that lazy fock Judith, to the next, where walkers are scattered about everywhere, in trees and broken apart. Of course, we are led to believe that a sharknado (“tornado” is no longer a thing) attacked an ass load of zombies while just inches away was the barn, not a single piece of lumber, not one plank, not one splinter was harmed on a rickety old barn. As incredulous as Twister was with Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt surviving an F5 by hanging onto to skinny water pipe, that was nowhere near the lunacy of what The Walking Dead showed us. And secondly, I watch an ass load of survivalist shows on Discovery Channel, Science Channel, NatGeo. Dozens of different shows, hundreds of different episodes. Except for that clown Bear Grylls. Hey, I’m dehydrated and need shelter. But look over there. It’s a mountain that’s totally out of the way I need to travel. Let’s go climb it for no reason. But I digress. How exactly do you survive an end of the world scenario for a couple of years now, and not learn basic survival skills? You grabbed zero supplies out of Shirewilt. You are walking at the worst time of day in the deep South, the middle of the day with the sun beating down on you instead of walking at dawn and dusk and resting in the shade during noon. Daryl was bringing in dozens of squirrels and rabbits in Season One and now he has apparently forgotten how to hunt. You need water? Well, you were pushing walkers off a bridge. What was under the bridge, maybe water? Did you pass any houses at all? Even if they are stripped of regular supplies, you have water in the toilet tank, water heaters, Hell, just boil up toilet water if you have to. Build a water still from the evaporation of vegetation. Drink your urine. Run your shirt across plants around you in the morning to soak up the dew. You are walking on a road, so houses have to be somewhere near by. But, that does not play into the “woe is us, we’re tired and depressed so feel bad for us” story line. Yuck.

On the other hand, I rather enjoyed this episode, although maybe my enjoyment is skewed by the previously two ridiculous train wrecks. It really bothers me how this season threatens to descend into eye watering boredom. I’m skipping ahead to the fact that Aaron is soft. Eric is soft. Ergo, all of Alexandria is soft. They have been living high on the hog and really have not had to rough it. Like Rick’s group. Who took on a military weapons and the Governor. Cannibals. Marauders. Cops. And survived it all. Did anybody see Aaron keep trying to fight off the walker in the woods, by feebly kicking at it, like a grandma trying to fight off a mugger? You could either head butt the walker or run away or maybe round house kick it in the head Roadhouse style. You don’t try to get a shoe shine by rubbing your foot on a walker arm. And Eric broke her ankle and set off a flare? Carol fell off a bridge and got run over by a car, and she’s walking without a limp. Noah fell down an elevator shaft and is mobile. Eric twists his ankle and is ringing a bell for a servant to blow on his soup to cool it down. Cleary, as Rick’s group is asked to assimilate into Alexandria, and after beating Gareth and his group to death in a church of all places, Rick’s group is a paranoid, sadistic, unemotional group. Which is perfectly ideal to survive in the present day circumstances. Now, they are going into some ivory tower situation where unrealistic rules by people who have not experienced real survival will attempt to change what Rick’s group has evolved into, survivors. The conflict, and the characters of Rick’s group soul searching for their humanity, will take over the next series of episodes. And that just sucks. I expect boredom. They are falling into the LOST trap, where they start to pretend that the characters and their emotions are the most important part of the story, when they are merely part of the mix. Oh well. I’ll still be watching. This season started in such kick ass style, and now it’s destined and rapidly succeeding in fizzling out, like it normally does. They can’t keep things moving along consistently, inevitably getting stuck in the muck for 5 or 6 episodes at a time. Remember the farm? Or the multiple episodes of the flu going around the Prison while Rick was pulling weeds. Yeah. Batten down the hatches. A boring storm is coming. Worse than the sharknado.

So, what about the episode itself. The off putting hostage Aaron is introduced to the group. Aaron has a sort of unbridled enthusiasm and works way too hard to be likeable. It’s very much in stark contrast to Rick who wants nothing more than to kick him to death in his d!ck, which I kind of want to see. They have come upon so many enemies in this world and barely lived to tell tales. You know, it dawned on me how few characters we have left from Season One. From this large group of people we have met, only Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glen, Carol, Morgan are confirmed to be alive. Everybody else, they picked up along the way in their travels. Rick punches Aaron, ties him up, and takes his supplies like Suge Knight negotiating with Vanilla Ice. The group is taking their cues from their de facto leader, but several members keep speaking out throughout the episode to question his decisions for the hope of finding a safe place with walls. Like Shirewilt… I mean, Alexandria. What I have discovered is that Alexandria is about 6 miles outside of Washington DC. So, the decision to head in this direction has most likely been a good one, a decision I derided a few weeks ago. Well, don’t I look stupid? Aaron tells the group there is one other out there with vehicles to transport them. A scout group goes out to confirm the situation. They find an RV which made me think of Dale. I hated Dale. Everybody hated Dale.

Plans are made to travel to Alexandria, but using a different, less ideal, highway. So, Alexandria hasn’t cleared #23, but did clear #16. But, as we see, there isn’t much distance between highways through the woods. What is to prevent walkers from taking a short jaunt through the trees and repopulate the asphalt of #16? I won’t quibble much, as we saw a cool scene of a car plowing over hundreds of walkers like Bruce Jenner driving through Los Angeles proper. Um, did anyone consider using the windshield wipers to get some of the goo out of way so you could friggin’ see the road? Hit the defrost button. We get some good killing action, including the use of a flare gun to turn a walker into the world’s most glorious, glowing Jack O’Lantern. The writing on this show stinks, the pacing stinks, the acting is OK, but Holy Crap, how great are the makeup and prop guys? The group heads out in the direction of a flare gun shot and reunite with the rest of the group and apparently Aaron’s boyfriend Eric. You could hear the audible click of a healthy part of the viewing audience changing the channel. Was the affectionate scene between Aaron and Eric disturbing? Of course it was. But in this show, any public displays of affection are very much out of place. Forget that they are ghey for a moment. We are in an end of the world scenario. You need to fight to live every minute of every day. You don’t have time for dating or pursuing love. And if you, one of you will absolutely die, and usually very quickly. Rick, Shane, Lori, 2 of them are dead. Andrea and Governor, both dead. The Governor returned with a new family. Dead. Tyrese and Karen, both dead. Bob and Sasha, Bob dead. Beth and the kid in the roof top helicopter scene, kid dies. Tara and her girlfriend, girlfriend dead. The only exceptions at this point are Glenn and Maggie, and I fully expect one of them has to die soon, and possibly the emptiness of the “relationship” of Abraham and Rosita, with Eugene watching. These relationships are destined to end badly. On top of all this, yes, Aaron and Eric are ghey. The world has already pissed off God so that we are smack dab in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse. Are you going to further annoy Him by poking Him in the eye with a stick, “Hey, God. Is that the best ya got? Well, we’re ghey and we cornhole each other!! Take that!!” Don’t believe me? How long did Tara date that chick before she died? Two days, maybe?

Rick is being second guessed by every Monday morning quarterback on the roster now. Still, he has the sense to create a hiding spot for a gun to tote around, just in case. That is smart and will of course be a factor later on. They arrive at Alexandria and hear the laughter of children inside the walls. Me? I’d run screaming in the other direction. Because I swear that underneath the sound of laughter, I heard “We accept you, one of us, one of us, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble!!”

I get the feeling Rick is going to have a Sophie's choice moment in the future.

More like...Sophia's choice...(because she was a walker in the barn)...puts on sunglasses.....

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!