Sign in to follow this  
laser1000000

Brandon Weeden

Time will tell. I think this is the year that we find out if he can do enough to keep the Cleveland brass from going out in FA and/or drafting another QB.

It'll be interesting to see.

Norv has made a few QBs "draftable" & Chud made Anderson a Pro Bowl QB so it's possible. Albeit, unlikely.

I think he'll do better in Norv's offense. However, don't look for him to crack top 10 or anything crazy. Trich is the player you want. If he stays healthy he will have a monster year.

norv will help him out alot .. he was 27 in avg last season and i would take him over guys like ponder he did good with that bad team alst season ..i think he gets better this season ..i see him no question has a number 3 or a no draft in ff at this time

I want to like him, and I know he has weapons, and Norv, blah, blah, but right now I see him as more of a game manager until he shows something that changes my mind. As someone else mentioned, this season will tell us a lot, but today I can't even see him as QB2 in a 12 team redraft, but I wanna like him...

• Like 1

Hes terrible, thats pretty much all. Ok not Gabbert terrible but hes just not good. Its harsh but in this passing league, ur either potentially a Matt Ryan, or at least Big Ben or ur just not good enough.

Hes terrible, thats pretty much all. Ok not Gabbert terrible but hes just not good. Its harsh but in this passing league, ur either potentially a Matt Ryan, or at least Big Ben or ur just not good enough.

Alex Smith had some bad years in SF. Then they got Harbaugh as coach and his numbers were outstanding. Yet, according to you..........Weedon is terrible. Nice!

This is a respectable fantasy football message board, can we please not start any more threads with "Brandon Weeden".

He is not a fantasy option, if he is then your league mates will be thanking you profusely for your donation.

Alex Smith had some bad years in SF. Then they got Harbaugh as coach and his numbers were outstanding. Yet, according to you..........Weedon is terrible. Nice!

Yea his numbers were outstanding? He never even threw for 20 tds, ever. By outstanding you mean he was no longer the worst qb in the league and kept his stellar supporting talent in games just like trent dilfer did with baltimore.

Obviously I am a homer, but I have seen every snap he's taken, unlike most people on this thread. I am very bullish on Weeden this season. He has a lot going for him this season with an offense that fits his strengths, a stud ol, a possible stud rb, and I actually think the combination of Little/Gordon/Bess is more than adequate.

The thing that people forget due to his age, is that he was only a rookie last season. If you go back 2-3 years before the Newton/RG3/Luck, the numbers Weeden put up (3,400 yds, 14/17, 3-300 yd games) are actually quite impressive for a rookie. To put up those numbers with Pat Shurmer as your coach and de-facto oc is a minor miracle. I don't really care if people think he's going to do well or not. Nor do I care that I am a huge Cleveland homer. I honestly believe Weeden cracks the top 20 this season. I think he will be a respectable no.2 qb. I envision 3,700 22/17 from his this year. He has the arm, the offense philosophy, and the weapons around him to succeed. If he can't do it this year, then I will believe the masses that Weeden cannot play at this level.

I got Weeden as my third QB in a dynasty and the only thing that has kept me from cutting him so far is that he was and remained the starter. That said, I'm pleased to hear he looked pretty good so far this preseason. Hoping him, Gordon and Cameron can develop in to some sort of "triplets" for my squad a few years down the road.

Some of those passes last night were due to terrible coverage, but a few--Gordon's sideline catch for 34 while he was being interfered with and Cameron's first TD in particular--were just great throws. I didn't think Weeden was worth much of anything, but now I'm keeping an eye on him.

Yea his numbers were outstanding? He never even threw for 20 tds, ever. By outstanding you mean he was no longer the worst qb in the league and kept his stellar supporting talent in games just like trent dilfer did with baltimore.

You are ignoring his overall improvement of reduced ints and increased production. I think Smith will do great things for KC. Not everyone is Drew Bree's or Aaron Rogers.

Nobody is suggesting Weedon is a QB1. I think he would make a solid QB2.

I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw out of Weeden last night. I'm tempering my enthusiasm because it was the Lions D, but I definitely want to see more of Weeden. I wonder how much not having Gordon for the 1st two games against the Phins and Ravens will have an impact on him, not that I think anyone will be starting him right away unless in a 2 QB league.

This is a respectable fantasy football message board, can we please not start any more threads with "Brandon Weeden".

He is not a fantasy option, if he is then your league mates will be thanking you profusely for your donation.

I disagree strongly. Better said, he is not yet a fantasy option, and even that is too strong.

The Browns have a solid OL, anchored by the best LT of his generation, TRich gives them a power running game and an option out of the backfield. The receivers could be better, but they could be worse. You have to like Weeden's situation.

He is a rhythm passer. He is not at all creative. Turner usually does a good job building an offense to his QB's strengths. There is a decent chance that Weeden turns into a real beast, but he is not there yet.

J

He's a 2nd year player. I wouldn't make up my mind after one season. Give him room to develop and grow and show his stuff.

I won't be drafting him in redaft, he's not in my top 24. But he could be by mid-year. He may well become a guy Cleveland can win games with and be a decent QB2 for FF purposes.

I see him as a wait and see Fantasy wise. Only draft able as a maybe dynasty or as a # 2 in really deep league. Turner is good news, but he's missing Gordon the first two games and playing Miami( an underrated D) and Baltimore the first two games. Could be a plug and play during bye season.

I have been saying, since he was drafted last year, that he has the talent (brains/maturity/arm) to do very well in the NFL......IF they would surround him with some coaching and WR talent. Steps have certainly been taken in that direction. He is among the best QB2 options available this year. Remember.....he and Blackmon/Randle beat Luck head-to-head in their bowl game a couple of years ago.

Sleeper.

Anyone that said he has no fantasy value is dumb.. I dont know about you, but sometimes you need a guy for a spot start and with a good matchup Weeden would be more then solid. He will be much better once Gordon is back when the bye weeks start. He could end up in the top half of the QB's by the end of the season.

• Like 1

I have been saying, since he was drafted last year, that he has the talent (brains/maturity/arm) to do very well in the NFL......IF they would surround him with some coaching and WR talent. Steps have certainly been taken in that direction. He is among the best QB2 options available this year. Remember.....he and Blackmon/Randle beat Luck head-to-head in their bowl game a couple of years ago.

Sleeper.

I watched him vs ASU in the Alamobowl...he and Blackmon absolutely destroyed them. I've been saying the same thing for a while, he's better than people think.

• Like 1