Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Results from my first 'wait on QB' draft....

Just wanted to share the results of my draft for anyone who is thinking of waiting on QB. I didn't go into the draft with this plan but it just kinda fell that way. All in all I'm pretty happy with the results.

6 points QB passing .5 PPR

QB-Luck

RB-McCoy

RB-Demarco Murray

WR-Marshall

WR-Amendola

WR-DJAX

Flex- L. Miller

TE-Finley

Bench-M. Floyd, A. Jeffrey, B. Pierce, B. Brown, D. Thomas

If anyone else has some good results with a late qb draft please post them up.

• Like 1

Really like the team...I think Luck is in for a good season.

How many teams in the league?

12. I wouldn't dare post anything else up. Got Luck in the 7th as the 12th QB.

Had the 7th pick overall.

I kind of thought so, but the Murray pick (assuming 3rd) seemed borderline for a 12 teamer. Not based on ADP, but based on the mocks I've been seeing. Great draft...I'd be really happy with that team (not that you care :D ).

I kind of thought so, but the Murray pick (assuming 3rd) seemed borderline for a 12 teamer. Not based on ADP, but based on the mocks I've been seeing. Great draft...I'd be really happy with that team (not that you care :D ).

Yeah I went McCoy, Marshall, Murray, Miller, Amendola, DJax, Luck

Yeah I went McCoy, Marshall, Murray, Miller, Amendola, DJax, Luck

What RB did you pass on in the 2nd ? (maybe Lynch or TRich)?

I'm 7, and I'm thinking of grabbing 2 RBs first, then 3 WRs, then TE, then QB. (hoping Romo)

I'm in a 10teamer

I'm 7, and I'm thinking of grabbing 2 RBs first, then 3 WRs, then TE, then QB. (hoping Romo)

I'm in a 10teamer

Those guys were all first rounders. I have to imagine they will be in most drafts.

I strongly considered taking Reggie Bush in the 2nd and then looking to Andre Johnson in the 3rd.

I might have liked that better...if it was full PPR no doubt that was my move.

Funny, you had a very similar draft to mine. I also had the 7th pick in a 12-team league.

My picks:

QB - Luck

RBs - McCoy, Murray, Ball, Mendy, Bryce Brown

WRs - Marshall, Cobb, Cecil Shorts, DeAndre Hopkins

TE - Jared Cook

All my leagues before yesterday were two QB leagues and some had OPs( Offensive Utliity Players) which are also best as QBs, so the conventional "Wait on QB" philosophy wouldn't apply in most cases. But I had a 10 team PPR league draft yesterday with only one QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs and one Flex, so this could be applied here.

My team:

QBs: Romo ( drafted in 5th round. I wanted to wait until 6, but Kaep, Newton Ryan and Wilson went in 3, 4 and 5 and I thought Romo would not last, which would leave me with possibly RGIII which I felt was risk)), Palmer (10th round)

RBs: Martin, MJD, Deanagelo Williams, D Richardson

WRs: Marshall, Bowe, Jordy Nelson, Shorts, Thompkins ( from NE, 11th round as a big wild card)

TE: Cameron

DST: Pittsburgh

K: Hauschka

I think its pretty solid. Romo, Martin, MJD and Marshall should play every week excluding byes and I have good options for WR2 and Flex.

I'm in a 10teamer

Picked from 8 in 10-teamer, and ended up CJ Spiller, T-Rich Rounds 1 & 2. Ridley still there in 3rd, so it was 3 RBs first 3 rounds. Then Cobb, Bowe, V. Davis, Chris Ivory, Torrey Smith... Romo available in 9th.

Surprised with T-Rich and Ridley. Lynch was gone before Spiller pick.

You got Luck as the 12th QB? That's a steal! Well done.

You got Luck as the 12th QB? That's a steal! Well done.

Mullfirmed. Really excited about him at that ADP.

Yahoo just graded my draft C...probably b/c I didn't draft a Kicker.

you Yahoo!

Not bad at all--that's a nice team. I did the same thing in the 14-team league I posted about below. Got Stafford as the 11th QB taken, which was about as long as I was going to wait. The whole league went hard after the running QBs, which surprised me a bit since we have 6-point TDs.

10 teamer just drafted tonight.

I was the 9th team to take a QB, took Wilson in the 7th, and Romo in the 10th

Standard scoring, no PPR

I picked 5th.

Wilson/Romo

Foster/Ridley/ S Jackson/Matthews/Vereen/Tate

Cruz/Amendola/S Smith/Boldin/T Austin/Jeffery/Thompkins

Cameron/Sudfeld

Zuerline

Cardinals D

I didnt mean to draft so many Patriots, but they kept falling to me.

In my 6 pt all td league qbs ended up going a lot later than usual. It's only a 10 teamer non ppr.

Wilson (7), Shaub (16)

TRich, R Bush, Mathews, A Brown, Helu, Moreno

VJax, Garcon, Hilton, M Austin, Broyles

Graham, Julius Thomas

Zuerline

Holy fock, did I draft a D? I Dont think I did, whoops. Guess I will be dropping someone. I literally just realized this.

Our roster is pretty big because we are only allowed 6 FA moves all year with two IR. Some wanted it changed, but others were adamant that we keep it the same. Their argument was they enjoyed how the league emphasized good drafting, and it made the league more challenging.

I originally wanted the amount of moves changed, but actually changed my mind to agree with keeping the challenge of FA moves.

Mullfirmed. Really excited about him at that ADP.

Yahoo just graded my draft C...probably b/c I didn't draft a Kicker.

###### you Yahoo!

Fock Yahoo Grades. A league I drafted in tonight, granted Yahoo gave me an A, there were two teams that scored A+, im certain theyre not better. Without getting too detailed, I had a better draft, dont care about K and D as they are replaceable weekly, Starters:

Mega

Jimmy

Julio

Alfred

Steven Jackson

TY Hilton

Luck

Interestingly in this 14 year league, QBs kind of flew off the bored, I was taking Luck late anyway, love the upside. I couldnt believe the lack of faith in Morris and Jackson. I expected to get maybe Bush, Sproles, Lacy etc in the 4th/5th. Instead I was able to get Morris and Jackson. Its only 10 teams, 1pt PPR, but im fairly fu**ing certian that this team will win this league.

I was pick #5 and #19 in rounds 1 and 2, then back to the first position in rounds 3 through 14 (traded down thinking Charles would fall to me and he didn't :thumbsdown: )

12 Team (.5 PPR, 4 pt passing TDs)

Spiller

Julio

MJD

Bowe

Daryl Richardson

Torrey Smith

Luck

Tate

K Thompkins

Bryce Brown

Givens

Cameron Jordan

Arizona D/ST

David Akers

Fock Yahoo Grades. A league I drafted in tonight, granted Yahoo gave me an A, there were two teams that scored A+, im certain theyre not better. Without getting too detailed, I had a better draft, dont care about K and D as they are replaceable weekly, Starters:

Mega

Jimmy

Julio

Alfred

Steven Jackson

TY Hilton

Luck

Interestingly in this 14 year league, QBs kind of flew off the bored, I was taking Luck late anyway, love the upside. I couldnt believe the lack of faith in Morris and Jackson. I expected to get maybe Bush, Sproles, Lacy etc in the 4th/5th. Instead I was able to get Morris and Jackson. Its only 10 teams, 1pt PPR, but im fairly fu**ing certian that this team will win this league.

Very interesting to see those late RBs. I'm the guy that notoriously waits on RBs, whilee grabbing WRs and TEs. I get laughed at as everyone compares my RBs to thier first rounders....that always bust.

I wasn't going to do that at #7, but after seeing what you got 4/5 round I'm debating Calvin and Graham, or Calvin and Marshall/Dez.

I'm OK with those types of RBs.

And wait on Luck Romo Shaub Flacco, etc.

Very interesting to see those late RBs. I'm the guy that notoriously waits on RBs, whilee grabbing WRs and TEs. I get laughed at as everyone compares my RBs to thier first rounders....that always bust.

I wasn't going to do that at #7, but after seeing what you got 4/5 round I'm debating Calvin and Graham, or Calvin and Marshall/Dez.

I'm OK with those types of RBs.

And wait on Luck Romo Shaub Flacco, etc.

I was able to get Calvin and Graham in every league, the thought was to have the clear-cut #1's at those positions. RB's obviously went off the boards quick, but with the intent of going Calvin/Jimmy/Julio or Fitz in the first three rounds of all my drafts, I was pretty certain I would end up with PPR studs like Bush, Sproles who could make a push for top 10 PPR RB's. In last nights case, I was able to get 5 top 25 players (most likely) over the span of like 47 total picks. Bangin value.

I personally think Luck will outscore Griffin, Newton, Wilson, Kaep, Ryan. So I love getting Luck late.

I'm not as sold on Luck as others are. Just don't think he has the weapons that Romo has for example. Curious where Romo went in comparison.

Not to sold in DeMarco either but a strong draft nonetheless.

I personally think Luck will outscore Griffin, Newton, Wilson, Kaep, Ryan. So I love getting Luck late.

Crazy talk. Luck had a terrible qbr and threw a ton of ints. Yea rookie and he prob will improve but not gonna put him over a proven stud like Ryan or even Cam who quietly was the 4th best qb last year even tho he was viewed as a bust mostly. Id rank them

Ryan

.Cam

Kap

Luck

Rg3

wilson

Just wanted to share the results of my draft for anyone who is thinking of waiting on QB. I didn't go into the draft with this plan but it just kinda fell that way. All in all I'm pretty happy with the results.

QB-Luck

RB-McCoy

RB-Demarco Murray

WR-Marshall

WR-Amendola

WR-DJAX

Flex- L. Miller

TE-Finley

I like it, I am going to have a tough call in a keeper league coming up, and I am trying to run through probablities on it.

I have martin, T-Rich and Luck as keepers and Manning, Brees, and Brady are all available this year due to their "contracts" expiring. I am thinking even if those guys fall to me at 9, I pass and go RB/WR, and end up with something like. D.Thomas/D.Wilson, and just ride Luck + Dalton/Romo/Eli as backups.

I'm not as sold on Luck as others are. Just don't think he has the weapons that Romo has for example. Curious where Romo went in comparison.

Wayne/Hilton/DHB, two Soph TE's and a pretty good RB

vs

Dez, Witten, bum Miles, no 3rd WR and a pretty good Rb when healthy.

Seems about = to me and Luck is in his 2nd yr with the obvious hope of improving on last years numbers

QB-Luck

RB-McCoy

RB-Demarco Murray

WR-Marshall

WR-Amendola

WR-DJAX

Flex- L. Miller

TE-Finley

That's a solid team, yahoo sucks with their evals. You backed up your RB1 and RB3. I love waiting on the QB and TE and grabbing the value in the middle rounds w/ WR and RB, and it's a bonus when you get a player like Luck anyway.

Romo went as the 11th qb. I would have taken him over Luck.

12 team redraft, full PPR, all TDs 6 pts. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex (WR/RB). I rarely draft a QB early and this was no exception. Drafted out of the 10 hole.

1. Charles - Yeah I don't know how he fell here but it makes things easy. 10 RB's taken in round 1.

2. Forte - passed on Brees who went next pick. Rodgers was gone at 2.1.

3. Sproles - wasn't planning on 3 RB in a row but had to do it. MJD was also available. Top WR's gone.

4. Cruz - Vjax went pick before this. Best available.

5. Amendola - yikes. Prob only good for a couple quarters before he's hurt. Better get some backups.

6. Luck - 10th QB off the board and the 2 teams without one have 2 picks before I draft again. Better grab one now. Agonized over Luck or Wilson. Went with the guy who's offense runs through him. Fingers crossed.

7. Hilton

8. Tate

9. Bears D

10. Cameron

Bunch of backups. Hope this helps.

^ LOVE that squad in a PPR. Especially since you only have to start 2 WRS.

If Cameron, Hilton, Tate hit you should be sitting real good.

10 team ppr, qb 6 pt per passing TD, drafting from the 7th spot. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE

Spiller

Graham

Roddy

Demarco

Garcon

Luck

Vereen

Shorts

Mendy

Pierce

Bryce Brown

Givens

Helu

DHB

Bradford

Yahoo sports says I have the third worst draft in the league. Maybe. The guys at the early draft slots had a pretty good advantage in the first few rounds. I did get Graham which I don't know if Yahoo sees as valuable as I do.

QB-Luck

RB-McCoy

RB-Demarco Murray

WR-Marshall

WR-Amendola

WR-DJAX

Flex- L. Miller

TE-Finley

As a Jets fan, I know it's going to be hard for you to root for Amendola. Like the team a lot. If Murray stays healthy, you're going to be in the playoffs!

12 team redraft, full PPR, all TDs 6 pts. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex (WR/RB). I rarely draft a QB early and this was no exception. Drafted out of the 10 hole.

1. Charles - Yeah I don't know how he fell here but it makes things easy. 10 RB's taken in round 1.

2. Forte - passed on Brees who went next pick. Rodgers was gone at 2.1.

3. Sproles - wasn't planning on 3 RB in a row but had to do it. MJD was also available. Top WR's gone.

4. Cruz - Vjax went pick before this. Best available.

5. Amendola - yikes. Prob only good for a couple quarters before he's hurt. Better get some backups.

6. Luck - 10th QB off the board and the 2 teams without one have 2 picks before I draft again. Better grab one now. Agonized over Luck or Wilson. Went with the guy who's offense runs through him. Fingers crossed.

7. Hilton

8. Tate

9. Bears D

10. Cameron

Bunch of backups. Hope this helps.

Very very nice team. Cameron's going to be a STUD!!

Very very nice team. Cameron's going to be a STUD!!

Wouldn't go that far, he was highly touted last pre-season also. Don't knwo if he has done much besides vs the Lions this year has he?

How would you guys feel if you waited and had R Wilson? I have first pick, and during alot of mocks, Round 5/6 seemed to be when a lot of QB depth got taken. That left me scraps at the 6/7 turn. I could take QB at 5.1, but i still like some of the RBWR depth better than QB. What to do?

Drafted 7th in 14 teams league non PPR. I waited for QB as well. My lineup is not all that different than the OP.

QB: Andrew Luck, Michael Vick

RB: LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Darren McFadden, Marcel Reece
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Wallace, Steve Johnson, Golden Tate
TE: Fred Davis
PK: Phil Dawson
TD: Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions

How would you guys feel if you waited and had R Wilson? I have first pick, and during alot of mocks, Round 5/6 seemed to be when a lot of QB depth got taken. That left me scraps at the 6/7 turn. I could take QB at 5.1, but i still like some of the RBWR depth better than QB. What to do?

I like Wilson but personally I'm a bit happier that Luck fell to me. I think there is more risk that Wilson doesn't have to do as much b/c of the stronger running game and defense.

I think he's a possible disappointment candidate fantasy wise but I absolutely love him as a player. Drew Brees with wheels.

Crazy talk. Luck had a terrible qbr and threw a ton of ints. Yea rookie and he prob will improve but not gonna put him over a proven stud like Ryan or even Cam who quietly was the 4th best qb last year even tho he was viewed as a bust mostly. Id rank them

Ryan

.Cam

Kap

Luck

Rg3

wilson

I'm sure most would agree with you, it's decisions like this that win me fantasy championships though, going with the gut. I actually could have had Ryan a round earlier than I took Luck, but took Eddie Lacy instead. I think Ryan will have less completions this year with a better running game in place and Julio breaking out as the elite deep-threat in the NFL. With Arians gone in Indy, implementing the 2 TE system, no running game, the talent at WR and a crappy D, Luck could have Brady like completion totals. I think Luck will outscore both Ryan and Cam in PPR this year