Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Tom Brady

I had never considered taking Brady, but when he fell to the end of the 6th I jumped on him.

Are you guys seeing him fall this far? Is everyone really seeing that big of a drop this year?

I kind of feel like the guy who is missing something?

I think you got a bargain

I agree - and I got him in the 6th as well in a dynasty startup earlier this summer. The combination of his depleted WR corps and the loss of Hernandez has devalued Brady in many people's eyes. I'm hoping they're all wrong.

I had never considered taking Brady, but when he fell to the end of the 6th I jumped on him.

Are you guys seeing him fall this far? Is everyone really seeing that big of a drop this year?

in the drafts i have done he was the 5th qb taken in two of them and the 4th in the other

I had him down around 9th at the start of the preseason, but with the emergence of Thompkins and Sudfeld, the question of who will he throw to has been solved. I've moved him the last 2 weeks into the #6 position.

Pencil him in for 4,600-4,800 yards and 35TD's. It's like taking candy from a baby getting Brady in any round after the 3rd.

ICEMAN

I have no idea why Terrific Tom is falling so far. Getting him in round 6 is a steal.

Pencil him in for 4,600-4,800 yards and 35TD's. It's like taking candy from a baby getting Brady in any round after the 3rd.

ICEMAN

I don't see it. The shift is on in New England. They have a stronger defense due largely to their last 2 drafts and are running the ball more. They had the second most rushing attempts from inside the 10 yard line last year. I like Ridley better than Brady this year. Then, add in all the changes at WR, and he just isn't going to throw for 4600 yards. He'll have a fine season, but I think a better projection is: 3600 & 25 Tds.

Took brady at 4.04 5th qb off the board. We have 6pt pass tds. I fell like he elevates players more than players elevate him so had no reason to downgrade. Yes the run game prob keeps him from a monster year but he still is top 5 I bet. Happy to have him.

Also Fwiw felt like going for some gamble rb or one of the super deep wr2's made less sense than taking a qb who I had well above the next tier of qbs.

• Like 1

with your team, i would have just gone RB in the 4th and waited for QB until the 7th or something. vereen and deangelo at RB2 and RB3 is a pretty rough hurdle to overcome. brady is good, but i don't think he's worth that opportunity cost. the guys who last until the 7th really aren't very far behind him in terms of projected points.

I don't see it. The shift is on in New England. They have a stronger defense due largely to their last 2 drafts and are running the ball more. They had the second most rushing attempts from inside the 10 yard line last year. I like Ridley better than Brady this year. Then, add in all the changes at WR, and he just isn't going to throw for 4600 yards. He'll have a fine season, but I think a better projection is: 3600 & 25 Tds.

The Pats will certainly run the ball this year but at the end of the day the offense will always run through Brady. A modest downshift is appropriate but nothing like what you are projecting IMO

Pulled Brady at 6:01 and could not believe her fell that far to me. Guy has done it what? Oh yeah....every year. Often in his career he has had no name recievers and all the man does is proceed to give them "names".

with your team, i would have just gone RB in the 4th and waited for QB until the 7th or something. vereen and deangelo at RB2 and RB3 is a pretty rough hurdle to overcome. brady is good, but i don't think he's worth that opportunity cost. the guys who last until the 7th really aren't very far behind him in terms of projected points.

trust me going into the draft it was the plan...draft a qb at least in the 6th or later. Usually QB's go high in my league anyway so never figured I'd even be tempted. But really at 4.04 (on Aug 24th keep in mind) I was looking at lacy, Mathews, ball, Richardson, vareen, mendenhall, Bernard or bradshaw. out of that group lacy is perhaps the one guy I look at but i'm just not big on unproven rookie rbs that early. (I got burned badly by jj Arrington a few years back, killed my whole season) also at the time I had the ppr adp for ALL those rbs the 5th or later so i'm reaching if I take one and really how confident is anyone in Mathews, Richardson, bradshaw, or mendenhall (obv I took vereen in the 5th) to be my rb2 in the 4th round vs getting brady there?

I guess what i'm sayin is the proj points for rbs in the 4th-6th rounds is also pretty close as well so I went with a safest pick and assumed i'd still get a fairly equal rb coming back in the 5th...and like I said above, i'm personally higher on brady than most of the projections had him.

ICEMAN

I think maybe he'd "drop" to 4400 yards, which still probably puts him in the top 3 for passing yards and unless the running QBs rack up a ton of rushing yardage again probably top 3 for fantasy QBs. In 6 pt leagues he's pretty much a no brainer, in 4pt pass TDs Newton, RG3, Luck among others might sneak ahead due to rush TD. If Tebow gets to start for say Jacksonville he will also get solid point totals, a dirty secret I've had for 4pt pass TDs in the past and why I dislike them.

You are right about Brady in the 4th. Usually you won't get a crack at him unless you pick early in the 4th however. In 6pt pass TD leagues I don't see him drop that far. In 4pt pass TDs he does and you can get him, even a round or two later if you want to risk it.