Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Ahmad Bradshaw

I am so glad (well, this week anyway) that I stayed away from this guy.

Man up bro. You were wrong.

Your first post and today's post are classic backpedaled post.

I told the OP to not start him over Bush - Correct

I stated there was no indication how much he would play. - Correct

I "guessed" 15 touches, he got 8. - Wrong

If I have to man up because I can't predict the future while getting 2 out of 3 parts of my posts right, Then here I am.... Manned up!

If I have to man up because I can't predict the future while getting 2 out of 3 parts of my posts right, Then here I am.... Manned up!

:thumbsup:

You forgot to say he was also outplayed by a slow and ineffective Ballard.

so what did you all think AB would do this week first game back

I am hoping someone in my league cuts him

you were right & i give you props...i had bush just needed somebody to confirm bradshaw would be a late bloomer this season ...thax again

does he play more this week vs dolphins? or same role?

"Coach Chuck Pagano called Vick Ballard's Week 1 pass protection performance "unbelievable."

One of the areas Ahmad Bradshaw was thought to have a significant edge on Ballard was in blocking. But Pagano said Ballard was 6-for-6 in blitz pickups against the Raiders, something that goes a long way for coaches. The incumbent had 14 touches as the leader of the committee while the ex-Giant played just 15 snaps and got eight touches. Bradshaw's rise to the top of this backfield may take a little longer than initially expected."

The Dolphins have a pretty good defense anyhow... They wont be able to sell out against the run like they did with Cleveland though.

I certainly wouldn't expect great numbers from either back in this game.

I say same thing as last week. 70/30 playing time split. 60/40 in total touches.

Might have to take this back after Pagano's statement today.

"Coach Chuck Pagano said he's still going to "try" to get Ahmad Bradshaw touches even with Vick Ballard playing so well."

"try" to get Bradshaw touches should set off a ton of alarm bells. I now expect a 70/30 touch ratio in flavor of Ballard.

Might have to take this back after Pagano's statement today.

"Coach Chuck Pagano said he's still going to "try" to get Ahmad Bradshaw touches even with Vick Ballard playing so well."

"try" to get Bradshaw touches should set off a ton of alarm bells. I now expect a 70/30 touch ratio in flavor of Ballard.

I think you're reading that wrong. Nobody expects Ballard to be the starter. Least of all, Pagano, but with him "playing so well," there's maybe less of a rush to rush Bradshaw back. Make no mistake, Bradshaw is the starter here. And by mid-year, this whole issue will be moot.

• Like 1

I think you're reading that wrong. Nobody expects Ballard to be the starter. Least of all, Pagano, but with him "playing so well," there's maybe less of a rush to rush Bradshaw back. Make no mistake, Bradshaw is the starter here. And by mid-year, this whole issue will be moot.

Since becoming a starter, the Colts are 10-2. Not saying Ballard is the reason but they're winning with him in the back field. Chemistry isn't something to mess with in the NFL. He's also "playing so well" that maybe Ballard is slowly starting to be viewed as the future back on this team.

Since becoming a starter, the Colts are 10-2. Not saying Ballard is the reason but they're winning with him in the back field. Chemistry isn't something to mess with in the NFL. He's also "playing so well" that maybe Ballard is slowly starting to be viewed as the future back on this team.

The Colts are 10-2 because Andrew Luck is their QB. Anything's possible, but I'd be shocked if Bradshaw isn't the eventual starter there.

It's still a team game.
How bout Vick Ballard with the OT TD run last season for the WIN! See...it's not Luck all the time. That run clearly doesn't show a 'plodder'.

Wow these week 1 overreaction threads are everywhere

Word. Ballard was the starter for 10 weeks last season. Starter for week 1 this season...and probably starter the rest of the way.

ballard got 60yds and he is now a fantasy superstar....lmao.

63 yards on 13 carries and the starting RB for the Colts.

Who said he was a superstar?

I get the sense a ton of people drank the Bradshaw coolaid with an early 4-5 round pick. *ouch*.

Ballard is not good. I don't know if Bradshaw still has it, but if he does then Ballard sure as hell won't be keeping him off the field other than to manage snap counts.

Ballard is not good. I don't know if Bradshaw still has it, but if he does then Ballard sure as hell won't be keeping him off the field other than to manage snap counts.

Why do you say that? He was avg 4.2 yards per carry as a starter behind the worst graded offensive line in the league. Had one of the 'highlight' run last season to win the game in OT vs the titans. Had a good game in week 1 with 'outstanding blocking' (pagano's words).

What does a lad have to do to get some love from the fantasy football community?

Trich avg 3.6 yards in 2012 and stunk it up again in week 1 (3.6 yards per carry). He play behind a far better offensive line unit (rank 6th overall), but is the love and joy of the fantasy football community. The only reason why he gets all this love is the outstanding opportunities (high carries & reception). Beside the eyeball test, Ballard has been a FAR better RB in this league than Trent Richardson.

LATEST NEWS OC Pep Hamilton said he ideally wants there to be a 50-50 split of the carries between Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw. In Week 1, Ballard got 13 carries and Bradshaw got seven. Hamilton says that Bradshaw's role will continue to grow and we believe him. The question is how quickly that will happen. Ballard is the reliable incumbent that is excelling in pass protection while Bradshaw missed a ton of practice time in the offseason and camp. "Eventually" could mean a few more weeks. In the meantime, it's hard to project much more than 8-10 touches for Bradshaw. He's a really weak flex play against a very good Dolphins front seven this week. Sep 12 - 12:33 PM

Aww crap, I got offered Tavon Austin for Bradshaw.

I might take now. :(

You'll regret it later if Bradshaw stay healthy. There is no way Ballard will stand in his way from taking the majority of the snaps.

Bank it.

You'll regret it later if Bradshaw stay healthy. There is no way Ballard will stand in his way from taking the majority of the snaps.

Bank it.

So at best even if Bradshaw gets up to speed and stays healthy he'll be in a 50-50 split.

"OC Pep Hamilton said he ideally wants there to be a 50-50 split of the carries between Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw"

I never wish injuries on anyone.....however after losing vereen in a ppr league this is very helpful since bradshaw was my only backup.

20 touches this week.

70 rush 5-25 rec.

I will take that. :thumbsup:

What a shame...

Just hate to see a guy who works hard and been told all his life that he can't do it to go out this way. This is the life of a NFL running back.

Sucks he got hurt. Would rather have seen Bradshaw out right win the job. What's done is done and now it looks like Bradshaw owners got a solid RB2. I have Spiller and Wilson so this helps me a ton unless Bradshaw sucks and Brown gets the carries.

I think the fact the Bradshaw was not able to be the clear #1 from day one, regardless of Ballard, speaks volumes about where he is at in his career at this point. I wouldn't get too excited.

I am so glad (well, this week anyway) that I stayed away from this guy.

Sort of regretting this statement now.

I think the fact the Bradshaw was not able to be the clear #1 from day one, regardless of Ballard, speaks volumes about where he is at in his career at this point. I wouldn't get too excited.

I tend to agree, he may be a popular play and people might imagine they are getting a 20 touch steady RB2. In reality it may just be an even murkier timeshare with limited upside on a passing team. Im def stoked if Bradshaw is my rb3 -4 tho, makes the bye weeks less of a dread when we just need a warm body to start.

You should catch up on the news. The reason Bradshaw didn't take the job is because he was recovering from surgery. He just got out of a walking boot. Him being the backup had nothing to do with his ability. Or using your logic we could say obviously Ballard isn't that good because he just lost the starting job to Bradshaw.

This.

And no way in hell is Indy turning into a "run first team". Why turn your offense strategy completely upside down from a pass first team to a run first team. You are probably getting confused from the coach saying they are going to try to be more balanced. Which I see nothing wrong with and Bradshaw will be the guy to do that with. Luck is too talented and has good weapons around him not to be a pass first team

I agree. This team was put together to be a passing team. NY giants are built to run the ball and throw the ball. I'd expect bradshaw's stats will be inferior to what he had in New York for this reason alone. (never mind any other reason you can think of)

to answer another guys question earlier: Yes, Bradshaw is one of the better (if not one of the best) pass blocking backs in the league, but it takes time to learn your role in the offense (ie. when to pick up a blitz, when to flare out for a pass) and this wont happen overnight. So it wouldnt surprise me if Bradshaw is a step behind where you are used to seeing him for the next couple of weeks. This is not criticism of the player, this is just the way it often turns out to be when a player changes teams.

Bummer for Vick Ballard.

Huuuge boost for Bradshaw owners. Got yourself a bonafide #2 RB now so long as he's healthy

It's not necessarily due to his performance though. Remember, he missed most of training camp due to injury.