Sign in to follow this  
Redzonehog

Reggie Bush hurting Megatron's value?

Nah he got 2 tds called back. He's fine, if anything Reggie helps mega by keeping the offense on the field.

Doubt it. No one is going to hurt the best Receiver in the NFL. Bush had a great game 1 last year and then was quiet except for a few games throughout the year. Megatron was "disappointing" last year the first three games. I traded for him and won my championship because of him. He will be fine.

Megatron made some boneheaded mistakes today that cost him 2 tds.

Not hurting can only help. I could see in the near future safey's having to pay attention to Bush and not soley focus on Mega or else they'll get burned. Their RB's saw 150 or so targets last year. Mega got screwed on a TD.

2 tds actually. one called back because of his piss poor ball control when he catches a td and one because he didnt keep his feet in.

This has already been answered correctly in this thread. He lost a TD today because of that stupid bullsh1t rule and another TD because his second foot came down on the line.

Bottom line is, he'll get his.

He definitely did today. Stafford has very solid stats today, but largely due to Bush. Mega was almost invisible.

no surprize at all . many on this board thought he was a great pick up for the lions . and today he was

I think it does a little because Bush and Joique will take a couple of targets but the guy is still a beast and the offense revolves around trying to get him the ball. Maybe you won't see him get 200+ targets like last year but with an improved offense he should see more total red zone targets. So maybe the lower amount of targets and more TDs will cancel each other out?

As the season progress, this will be great for Calvin Johnson. The double and triple coverage might come off a bit now with Bush hanging on the flat.

Megatron is hurting Megatron. I didn't see the second missed TD opportunity, but on the first one, CJ of all people should be aware of the stupid "process" rule and know that he needs to control that ball all the way to the ground. Just another bonehead move to stick that ball out unnecessarily and lose it.

I think people are being a little too hard on Calvin for that first TD. This was not like the other issue... he had two hands on the ball and simply lost control / dropped it when it hit the ground.

He was trying to score... and he probably wouldn't have otherwise. That being said... catching the ball is always the priority and if I was a Lions fan I'd be more mad about that. As a fantasy fan... it was a drop, plain and simple. Had he not reached out and score and caught the ball, then there probably would not have been a TD... so either way it doesn't affect much. In fact i like him reaching out.

I didn't expect a monster game from him, but what are you going to do - he is the top play at his position, period paragraph. That said, the Vikings secondary was up to the task against him.

He'll be fine - and the threat of Reggie taking a screen pass 70+ yards down field will open things up even more - scary thought.

I didn't expect a monster game from him, but what are you going to do - he is the top play at his position, period paragraph. That said, the Vikings secondary was up to the task against him.

He'll be fine - and the threat of Reggie taking a screen pass 70+ yards down field will open things up even more - scary thought.

This. The Vikings secondary made it a point to double him constantly & still almost scored two TD's. With Reggie putting on a show yesterday, both guys will get their chances to give defensive coordinators headaches this season.