Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

J. Thomas vs J. Cook

Who do you trust more to ride out the season with as your starting TE. I have an offer to trade Thomas for D. Richardson because I am desperate for a half decent RB. My thoughts are theres too many options for Peyton for Thomas to be consistent week in week out opposed to Cook where a TE w/ an average-above avg QB could be gold. Thoughts?

Cook was the Rams' primary downfield threat last week, though I expect Givens to get back on his game soon when he isn't matched up with a top CB. I have trouble viewing Thomas more than a risk-reward fringe starter given how many options Manning has.

Put it this way: Graham is the only TE I would absolutely positively rank above Cook right now--I put him on a level field or close to it with Witten, VD, Gonzalez, etc. I'm not ready to put Thomas inside the rest-of-the-year top ten yet, though there may be weeks against soft linebacking corps where he becomes a really promising play.

My worries are that the rams WR corps isn't good enough yet to take pressure off cook and he could be getting gameplanned against in the future which could completley take him out of some games.

My worries are that the rams WR corps isn't good enough yet to take pressure off cook and he could be getting gameplanned against in the future which could completley take him out of some games.

Sounds like you've already convinced yourself. Have fun with those RB's and watching TWO TE's do NOTHING for you on your bench

Who do you trust more to ride out the season with as your starting TE. I have an offer to trade Thomas for D. Richardson because I am desperate for a half decent RB. My thoughts are theres too many options for Peyton for Thomas to be consistent week in week out opposed to Cook where a TE w/ an average-above avg QB could be gold. Thoughts?

will i would keep them both . pead is now back for the rams and i like pead more then richardson and i think they will both play a lot

will i would keep them both . pead is now back for the rams and i like pead more then richardson and i think they will both play a lot

I don't know why you like Pead better than Richardson. He looked like he be on bottom of depth chart in those last 2 preseason games. And he never looked better than Richardson at any point last year.

yeah thats true . but its a just a feeling that i have that pead and richardson both will play a lot and share much of the work

Cook easily. He was targeted twice as much and is the best option on his team. Thomas will have spotty performances; Cook could potentially produce every week.

Anyone who says Thomas here, it's only because they picked him up and hope he keeps having good games.

Cook is by far the superior player.

Anyone who says Thomas here, it's only because they picked him up and hope he keeps having good games.

Or they have owned both Bradford and Cook in the past. "far superior player" is a matter of opinion. I think they both finish top 12, so you cant go wrong if you drafted them at their ADP.

D Rich for Thomas for me is crazy. You can do a lot better.

Cook is more borderline, but I don't see a reason why you have do anything RIGHT NOW. Its only week 2. Play it out and then make a decision. If one of them goes off, their values go up and you can then get a much better RB. Or maybe one of your other RBs does well? Or you pick someone off the waiver wire.

Or they have owned both Bradford and Cook in the past. "far superior player" is a matter of opinion. I think they both finish top 12, so you cant go wrong if you drafted them at their ADP.

You kidding??? Did watch any of the game last week??? The dude runs a 4.4 and was making crazy athletic dives at the pylon, etc. He's easily Bradford's best target. No opinion there....calling me captain obvious would have been more appropriate, actually.

Thomas, on the other hand is just a big target who moves well enough to play the position. No comparison....

You kidding??? Did watch any of the game last week??? The dude runs a 4.4 and was making crazy athletic dives at the pylon, etc. He's easily Bradford's best target. No opinion there....calling me captain obvious would have been more appropriate, actually.

Thomas, on the other hand is just a big target who moves well enough to play the position. No comparison....

Lol, relax and don't get your panties in a bunch. Just giving my opinion, it's the NFL and Cook has blown up before, but sounds like you got this figured out.

Lol, relax and don't get your panties in a bunch. Just giving my opinion, it's the NFL and Cook has blown up before, but sounds like you got this figured out.

Nothing is an any kind of a "bunch". Just completely dumbfounded that you could possibly compare the two. Seriously, if you haven't watched cook play you need to.

Julius Thomas is the player that looks like the player that people thought Cook was when he first appeared with the Titans.

Cook now, however, is the player that you want going forward - if you're weak somewhere else. Thomas will be good going forward, but I'd trade him for needs elsewhere.

Nothing is an any kind of a "bunch". Just completely dumbfounded that you could possibly compare the two. Seriously, if you haven't watched cook play you need to.

I took your advice and watched him again...I will stick with my original opinion.

I took your advice and watched him again...I will stick with my original opinion.

Really, after telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, you took my advice??? LOL...what's that say about you, guy?

Really, after telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, you took my advice??? LOL...what's that say about you, guy?

When did I ever say you didn't know what you were talking about? Read the thread. You were the know it all, I just took another opinion.

As you said "watch him", I did and saw the same old Cook that burned me last year. Enjoy

When did I ever say you didn't know what you were talking about? Read the thread. You were the know it all, I just took another opinion.

As you said "watch him", I did and saw the same old Cook that burned me last year. Enjoy

Yeah, clearly by saying "looks like you got this figured out", you pretty much shot down what I said. Don't back off now.

Yeah, clearly by saying "looks like you got this figured out", you pretty much shot down what I said. Don't back off now.

Ok, you give terrible advice and are a know it all. Jeesh, give up and eat your crow dude.

Ok, you give terrible advice and are a know it all. Jeesh, give up and eat your crow dude.

I ain't eating sh!t dumbazz. I said he's a stud and I stand by that. Again, go back and watch last week's game and shutup. He showed his talent. If you want to base this week on how good he is, then go ahead. You clearly have this figured out....

Bump for Captain Oblivious

Cook is not a viable part of his offense. I now have Finley on a bye and Cook..I must find a different Te for this week because there is no way Cook should be started by any fantasy team. Especially this Thursday against a San Fran team that will be out for blood now. Cook is cooked...

The gift that keeps on giving.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Owned. Completely and totally owned.

When will people learn not to be so adamant about things like this?

thinking of dumping Cook....would you pick up Heath Miller, Fleener, Kyle Rudolph, or Eifert instead of him the rest of the season?

thanks