Sign in to follow this  
joeunleaded

I can't believe I'm saying this, but is McGahee worth a pickup?

i mean the other RB on the roster is bobby rainey..this team will be bad but if he's the true starter he's a RB3 value in 10 team formats...debating about how much money to spend in a FA budget on him

Agree with above...if its free then its a no brainer add.

Its at least an opportunity for carries which has to be there for production. Probably very small production mind you.

Depends on how highly you value RB depth. I picked him up for free in 3 leagues (one of the pick-ups was last week). but I paid 1/3 of my annual waiver budget to get him in a 4th league. I thought I slightly overpaid there, but I know from bidding against the same owner who was the winning bidder for him in a different league how much it would take if I really wanted to get him.

I had a losing bid in that other league of $202 (against a $1000 budget) which i had decided was a fair value to pay for the additional depth at RB. But getting him for free in 3 leagues made up for the fact that I bid $334 in the 4th one.

I had pretty much 100% decided on skipping waivers and stashing Brown or Ball tomorrow morning, but this throws a kink in my plan....what to do??

I just cut J. Rodgers to pick him up, I also grabbed Snelling out of the FA pool everyone seems to think he will be the man over Rodgers so I made the change.

just went for 55% of bidding cap in a high stakes league, grab him while you still can in any free-for-all leagues.

Just read two very interesting tidbits on Chris Mortensen's Twitter:

Norv Turner (ex-Chargers) certainly appreciated what he saw of Willis McGahee (ex-Broncos) which makes sense in now signing the RB.

Good memory >> RT @TheChowfather I think Chud was his OC at the U too #mcgahee

Looks like both the head coach and OC are on board here and feel like even an aging McGahee will be a better fit for the offense they're trying to run.

Just read two very interesting tidbits on Chris Mortensen's Twitter:

Chris Mortensen@mortreport4h

Norv Turner (ex-Chargers) certainly appreciated what he saw of Willis McGahee (ex-Broncos) which makes sense in now signing the RB.

Chris Mortensen@mortreport4h

Good memory >> RT @TheChowfather I think Chud was his OC at the U too #mcgahee

Looks like both the head coach and OC are on board here and feel like even an aging McGahee will be a better fit for the offense they're trying to run.

Well, I'm about to burn my top waiver on him, so I sure hope this pays off.

The guy was out of football until today. He was most recently passed over by a Giants team desperate for RB help. I guess he's worth taking a shot on in case he ends up with a heavy workload, but I'd be shocked if he really panned out.

How many 32 year old RBs have turned in to comeback stories?

I'll say this...if you're in a deep league...pick Chris Ogbonnaya up. He will produce this week.

The guy was out of football until today. He was most recently passed over by a Giants team desperate for RB help. I guess he's worth taking a shot on in case he ends up with a heavy workload, but I'd be shocked if he really panned out.

He wasn't cut by Denver that long ago, though. And before that, he looked pretty dang good. I agree with you however, that I will be surprised if he looks fresh, especially initially. But, I guess I'm about to take a risk on him. Not excited about it, but I'm tired of passing on players and letting the rest of my league get rewarded.

That's my concern. I think I'm going to pass. I'd rather someone else burn their waiver on this guy and I move up the priority list.

Trying to decide whether or not to drop Kendall Hunter for him. I realize Hunter wont be worth anything unless Gore goes down....but will McGahee really be worth anything on this horrible Cleveland team even if he turns out to be their RB1? What say ye?

not sure he will be much more then a RB3 on that team the oline seems like cant really open any lanes but who knows..... also wasnt he hurt the last half of last season so coming off an injury not playing for what 10 months 32 yrs old.... i think i will wait on somebody else i am pretty desperate ( miller, wilson, deangelo ) owner but not sure desperate enough to gamble on another runningback

I managed to get McGahee for free and I'm looking to move him ASAP based on Yahoo's generous projections (~10 pts/week). That trade evaluator tool they have sure can be beneficial sometimes. Now to find a sucker who sees +15 points on the season and jumps on it.

I managed to get McGahee for free and I'm looking to move him ASAP based on Yahoo's generous projections (~10 pts/week). That trade evaluator tool they have sure can be beneficial sometimes. Now to find a sucker who sees +15 points on the season and jumps on it.

For free? You just carry an empty spot on your roster all the time?

I dropped Donald Brown to get Big Willie.

Didn't have anything to loose.

In 5 leagues I grabbed him in 1.

I've seen a few questionable drops to get him or Rainey in the 4 others.

I switched my waiver claim to him instead of Snelling in one league, dropping Denarius Moore. Who knows if he'll be any good, but if they're making a big deal about having him in for the workout, he's probably going to be the starter.

For free? You just carry an empty spot on your roster all the time?

I dropped Snelling for him, so yeah pretty much. I meant that I didn't have to use waiver priority or $$$ on him.

If he's a *free free agent then it's worth the chance. However, TRich did very little with that offense, is a 32 year old RB going to be able to make any impact?

OF COURSE HE'S A PICKUP.

This is still a NORV TURNER offense. If he's out there, pick him up and hold for 2-3 weeks. If you are 0-2 and expect McGahee to win you the league, FUDGGEDABOUTIT!!

I think the Browns know more than we do about how good T-Rich is.

They obviously think they missed on him.

Or they feel like one of the RB's already rostered is good enough to be as productive as T-rich was for them.

I picked up McGahee but I'm thinking that he will just be there for depth.

Prob gonna be a full blown RBBC but if anyone emerges im betting on Ogbannya, but I dont have any good reason to think this. I know nothing about him.

Can someone tell me about this guy... where's he from, can he catch, what are his measurables???

Chris o can catch ok

Browns will see what they have in Rainey who also gets a bump in return leagues

I think the Browns know more than we do about how good T-Rich is.

They obviously think they missed on him.

Or they feel like one of the RB's already rostered is good enough to be as productive as T-rich was for them.

I picked up McGahee but I'm thinking that he will just be there for depth.

Prob gonna be a full blown RBBC but if anyone emerges im betting on Ogbannya, but I dont have any good reason to think this. I know nothing about him.

Can someone tell me about this guy... where's he from, can he catch, what are his measurables???

Ogbonnaya has had his chance in the past and was just OK. If anybody were gonna suddenly busy out its this Rainey guy. But more likely the situation plays out such that McGahee and Ogbonnaya are both emergency plays at best.

The legend Jim Brown saw it. T-Rich is nothing special...

Yes, he did. But it's always tough to give him credence since Jim Brown doesn't really like too many people not named Jim Brown. :lol: