Sign in to follow this  
nobody

I'm starting cam newton over vick this week.

Crazy I know, but I try not to start anyone in the Thursday games since the offenses usually suck. Plus I already have shady starting because I have no choice, and I don't want to put up a stinker at QB and RB if the team doesn't play well due to the short week.

And so Peyton " sucked" two weeks ago?

Whatever....

opening game of the season is not same as thursday night games after the teams played on sunday...... so bringing up the 1st thursday night game of season when teams are fresh and had all summer to prepare for that game as opposed to teams coming in on 3 days rest is not valid argument.....

yes agreed. came here to say the same three words... thursday night football.

that said im rolling out charles over richardson and hoping for a good game.

you are lucky enough to have a serviceable option behind him...

now let's say you had carson palmer against the saints?

do you pull the trigger hoping for a shootout just to avoid TNF?

I'm in the same spot with both Vick & Cam. Cam has been pedestrian compared to Vick through 2 weeks but you'd have to think Carolina needs to let Cam do what he does best... run the ball.

I hate Thursday night games for the popular reason of a short week to prepare. KC's defense is legit & will be a much tougher test than the Redskins/Chargers defenses Vick has faced up to this point.

Thursday Night have historically been horrible games...

I agree on this assessment..i would also sit Vick for Cam if i have the choice.

Who does cam play again?

Don't do it man! Vick is to be ridden until he blows a wheel. Kelly is going to keep the foot on the gas until he blows a rod outta the hood.

Right now... Not many better than Vick not named Manning/Rodgers (MAYBE Breeze/Kaep)... Put him in there and enjoy some beers watching him while you can.

And so Peyton " sucked" two weeks ago?

Whatever....

DUMB difference in first game of season and coming off a short week

Don't do it man! Vick is to be ridden until he blows a wheel. Kelly is going to keep the foot on the gas until he blows a rod outta the hood.

Right now... Not many better than Vick not named Manning/Rodgers (MAYBE Breeze/Kaep)... Put him in there and enjoy some beers watching him while you can.

The Chiefs have a pretty good defense and it's a short week. I dunno, Vick might have a bad game. Plus it's against his old coach who knows just how turnover prone Vick is (second only to Sanchez the past 2 years).

The Chiefs have a pretty good defense and it's a short week. I dunno, Vick might have a bad game. Plus it's against his old coach who knows just how turnover prone Vick is (second only to Sanchez the past 2 years).

Im def wary despitye starting 2 eagles. This defense is good and Vick isnt exactly matchup proof.

Im def wary despitye starting 2 eagles. This defense is good and Vick isnt exactly matchup proof.

Rolling Shady and Djax with CONFIDENCE.

Don't train wreck.

Right now I have Rivers penciled in over Brady.

Tough call.

some people are using the weather as an excuse for last week, but, in truth the patriots would have struggled either way...as they are missing their top 2 playmakers on offense... Tampa Bay D, once again with help from the weather, played very well against brees last week, and I think their good play should continue.

Tennessee gave up 300 yards to shaub last week, and rivers is on fire... a lot of people would tell you to stand pat, but i'm all for a spot start here... I think you're gut feeling is right. go with it.

you are lucky enough to have a serviceable option behind him...

now let's say you had carson palmer against the saints?

do you pull the trigger hoping for a shootout just to avoid TNF?

As much as I hate Thursday games I'm not starting Carson if I can avoid it.

Seems like a complete overreaction to the Thursday Night Game in this thread. KC had a short week to prepare for this offense and has to travel half way across the country.

Seems like a complete overreaction to the Thursday Night Game in this thread. KC had a short week to prepare for this offense and has to travel half way across the country.

This... Weather is clear and Eagles will be flying... sticking with Vick for now.

In GiantsFan fashion, I am replying to myself. But actually I just wanted to add on to this. There is a perception that teams don't perform as well playing in the Thursday night game. But remember, every NFL team must play 1 primetime game. They don't want bad teams playing on Sunday or Monday night. So more often than not, the really bad teams in the league get put on Thursday night.

Just look at the rest of this season: Niners vs Rams, Bills vs Browns, Seahawks vs Cardinals, Panthers vs Bucs, Bengals vs Dolphins, Redskins vs Vikings, Colts vs Titans, Texans vs Jaguars, Chargers at Broncos. Not a lot of games I'm excited to see. It happens every year. But this Eagles vs Chiefs games is one of the few marquee games the NFL Network has on Thursday night. The other is probably Saints vs Falcons.

how do the Chiefs have a good defense? their ranking is highly inflated by playing the Gabbert Jaguars. Romo threw for almost 300, Dez had 140 and a td. Vick will at least match Romo's production thru the air, and when you factor in the ground game, hes a must start.

I know Thursdays always suck though. But I think of it like this, the Chiefs have to travel, and their defense is gonna be super tired. So by the 2nd half I expect a blowout to occur

Can someone provide some solid evidence that TNF results in lower stats?

Looking through the games last year I don't see anything definite - some bad, some good.

I would attribute last Thursday's game to the weather, the Pats rookie WRs and the Jets being the Jets... not the short week.

Can someone provide some solid evidence that TNF results in lower stats?

Looking through the games last year I don't see anything definite - some bad, some good.

I would attribute last Thursday's game to the weather, the Pats rookie WRs and the Jets being the Jets... not the short week.

60% of all TNF are below the O/U line. Is that enough?

60% of all TNF are below the O/U line. Is that enough?

Source? What are the parameters of that stat?

Not just talking about scores of the game - talking fantasy here.

For instance this game last year on TNF: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321018025

It was the lowest scoring game of last year's TNF games and some decent fantasy games.

Lynch - 116 combined yards

Gore - 182 combined yards

Nobody knows Vick's tendencies better than Reid. A big advantage when prepping for a short week.

It's a new offense, but when things go sideways, he's still Vick.

Gotta say I was dead wrong on this one... Vick was really not good if not for the long runs. Kelly's offense is offensive and is going to kill Vick shortly.

This was hard to watch and my Vick experiment is over until I see something change there.

Kelly is a mad man... Why the 2 point try ... that was stupid... Better change something soon on offense... NFL teams WILL learn how to shut down 3 guys.

Jackson was nowhere to be found... Vick was throwing bad %throws and paying for it... Shady was the lone bright spot since he can flat out run.

Call me fair weathered if you want but... seems like the lightning is out of Vick's bottle... he was gone on that long run but still got run down from behind...younger Vick would have been gone for 6... No worries... back to Brady and Kap

Gotta say I was dead wrong on this one... Vick was really not good if not for the long runs. Kelly's offense is offensive and is going to kill Vick shortly.

This was hard to watch and my Vick experiment is over until I see something change there.

Kelly is a mad man... Why the 2 point try ... that was stupid... Better change something soon on offense... NFL teams WILL learn how to shut down 3 guys.

Jackson was nowhere to be found... Vick was throwing bad %throws and paying for it... Shady was the lone bright spot since he can flat out run.

Call me fair weathered if you want but... seems like the lightning is out of Vick's bottle... he was gone on that long run but still got run down from behind...younger Vick would have been gone for 6... No worries... back to Brady and Kap

I don't think you can really put this one on Kelly. All he could of done is run the football even more. Vick was just plain bad. It's why I've never liked Vick as a QB. He's always made far too many mistakes. I also have no idea why Riley Cooper is on this roster. He was in single coverage ALL night and couldn't get open. He also dropped the ball the couple times he had a chance to make a play. I'd really like to see them use Ertz more.

But in the end, 5 turnovers to none. You can't win in the NFL like that. It was amazing the Eagles were even in that game. The defense actually played pretty well until it mattered most. They just can't get off the field on 3rd downs. Allen/Chung have to be the worst safety pairing maybe in NFL history.

as bad as vick was... still got me 19 points in my league... that's about an average mid-level performance on an off night... not too worried as of yet :dunno:

how do the Chiefs have a good defense? their ranking is highly inflated by playing the Gabbert Jaguars. Romo threw for almost 300, Dez had 140 and a td. Vick will at least match Romo's production thru the air, and when you factor in the ground game, hes a must start.

I know Thursdays always suck though. But I think of it like this, the Chiefs have to travel, and their defense is gonna be super tired. So by the 2nd half I expect a blowout to occur

Chiefs actually do have a good defense this year, and they are quick and play a lot of dime so that's why they matched up well against the Eagles. Top sleeper defense this year.

guy in my league traded brady and calvin for vick and bowe before the game and rolled them both out while the rest of us rolled. the unfunny part is how strong it made the other team. hes going to run away with our division and leave me chasing one of two wild cards. im doomed.

guy in my league traded brady and calvin for vick and bowe before the game and rolled them both out while the rest of us rolled. the unfunny part is how strong it made the other team. hes going to run away with our division and leave me chasing one of two wild cards. im doomed.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug" - Rick James

Chiefs actually do have a good defense this year, and they are quick and play a lot of dime so that's why they matched up well against the Eagles. Top sleeper defense this year.

:banana: