Sign in to follow this  
TheUsualSuspect

Week 3: Random drunken thoughts...

This is not intended to be a *Fock You thread but just random thoughts as I review today's box scores while I watch CHI/PIT this evening...

Hakeem Nicks (@CAR) 0 receptions. How does that happen? I am not upset, as I was a Nicks owner in '12... and will never be again. But how does he not have one freakin catch???

Dwayne Bowe (@ PHI)... 1 rec, 4 Yds. Mind-Boggling.

Bernard Pierce (v HOU) I am not a Pierce owner, but am a fan... and think he will soon have Ben Tate status. You know, dude is a back up but feel that he could be starting on 8-12 other NFL teams. Today, 24-65... With a 25yd run. Eh, that means excluding 1 nice run, he was 23-40 (1.7 YPC) Yikes! His TD will spare his name on the "Fock You" Thread.

Brandon Pettigrew (DET @ WAS) 0. Last season, he was IMO a 2nd tier TE. Why is he no longer part of this offense?

Lance Moore (v. ARI) 1 rec, 6 yds... See Pettigrew above. 3 weeks in, completely irrelevant not only in Fantasy, but to his team. Maybe in life, who knows?

Devin Hester (CHI) Used to be a game changer. I understand he has peaked, but is it over?

Finally...

Nearly 15 games complete...Week 3... 7 OVERS still in the books despite what seemed to be a rather miserable day in fantasy. After the first two weeks, it seemed as if a QB throwing 400yds will become the norm... Not today. Stafford and Brees killed it, but otherwise I think today will result in lower scores than usual in your fantasy leagues. Heck, Cameron was probably only started in 50-60% of your leagues!

Anyways, I will conclude my Drunk Uncle rant, thanks for reading. Please chime in with any early season trends that seem unusual or throw in some statistics if applicable. Congrats to all Week 3 Winners, and Good Luck!

• Like 1

I love wheat beer, and almost always will like it if it's in the genre... exception that comes to mind is blue moon, that beer blows... from basic hefe like pyramid, to my latest crave, orange wheat from hangar 24 in Redlands.. wheat beer is the yum.. I will also add a hearty nod to a couple from leinenkugel?!?! I can't recall the exact flavor, it's so fluffy and come on, pick a normal name, one we can spell...

oh and great thread, +1 on D Bowe, easily the WTF of week 3.

I love wheat beer, and almost always will like it if it's in the genre... exception that comes to mind is blue moon, that beer blows... from basic hefe like pyramid, to my latest crave, orange wheat from hangar 24 in Redlands.. wheat beer is the yum.. I will also add a hearty nod to a couple from leinenkugel?!?! I can't recall the exact flavor, it's so fluffy

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on tap is the titz.

There are some guys that need to really get it together, like Roddy, is there a bigger bust at wr so far? I don't care if he's hurt, nobody thought it would affect him like this.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on tap is the titz.

really... if found then I will cue one up in your honor :tiphat:

and besides D Bowe, gotta pile on Devin Hester, he has just fallen off the planet and is nearly as invisible as mike Wallace.

really... if found then I will cue one up in your honor :tiphat:

and besides D Bowe, gotta pile on Devin Hester, he has just fallen off the planet and is nearly as invisible as mike Wallace.

How has there been 2 mentions of devin Hester is a thread? It's been known that he's not a wr anymore really, is he on anyone's roster? He's a kick returner, Why even mention him? Comparing him to mike Wallace who's an actual nfl receiver, on fantasy teams is strange as well. I'm just thoroughly confused.

How has there been 2 mentions of devin Hester is a thread? It's been known that he's not a wr anymore really, is he on anyone's roster? He's a kick returner, Why even mention him? Comparing him to mike Wallace who's an actual nfl receiver, on fantasy teams is strange as well. I'm just thoroughly confused.

well I saw him in tonight's game, so yeah he is technically a starter... relevant to FF, no...

I ripped on Wallace cuz he is costing me roster space, sumbitxh should be big points and I almost called 911 to put an APB out.

do I need to disclaim that I'm joking?

well I saw him in tonight's game, so yeah he is technically a starter... relevant to FF, no...

I ripped on Wallace cuz he is costing me roster space, sumbitxh should be big points and I almost called 911 to put an APB out.

do I need to disclaim that I'm joking?

Jeffrey is the other starter, hester is a wr like patrick peterson is a wr. Wallace might be worth keeping for a bye week boom or bust pray mode plugin. Or a matchup assassin as well.

There seemed to be some in-game discussion among the talking heads in the booth that a decision had been made to have Mr. Hester focus exclusively on kick returns this season.

How has there been 2 mentions of devin Hester is a thread?.

I was not assessing from a fantasy perspective, just in general. Thru 3 games, he has yet to "Woo" me in any capacity.

I was not assessing from a fantasy perspective, just in general. Thru 3 games, he has yet to "Woo" me in any capacity.

Didn't Hester just set the Bears all-time record for kick off return yardage in a game, just 2 weeks ago against the Vikings? Still not sure why he is even being discussed, but setting a single game record for an historic franchise doesn't woo you?

I thought this thread was going to be about Aldon Smith.

???

:huh:

I love wheat beer, and almost always will like it if it's in the genre... exception that comes to mind is blue moon, that beer blows... from basic hefe like pyramid, to my latest crave, orange wheat from hangar 24 in Redlands.. wheat beer is the yum.. I will also add a hearty nod to a couple from leinenkugel?!?! I can't recall the exact flavor, it's so fluffy and come on, pick a normal name, one we can spell...

oh and great thread, +1 on D Bowe, easily the WTF of week 3.

Try Corona when you're not on the Beach, awful.

My brother in law doesn't drink but always buys it cause of the "trendy" commercials with hot chicks on a beach.

We Americans are dumb.

Lime is a must... And it's definately a summer only beer.

What beer only tastes good when it's warm out ?

Somehow if it's warm or we're on a beach, we'll think we're in the commercials.

You proved my point exactly.

What beer only tastes good when it's warm out ?

Somehow if it's warm or we're on a beach, we'll think we're in the commercials.

You proved my point exactly.

Right, I really wasn't disagreeing with you...

Although any beer enthusiast will suggest there is more to it than just the commercials... Corona is a lite beer...which is great in the summer with some of our favorite foods on the grill. However, Guiness or a seasonal such as Pumpkin Ales, or Great Lakes Christmas Ale (personal fav) would be tough to put down poolside. I guess it's hard to explain, but certain brews taste better because of the ingredients that are intended for each season... Atleast that is my perspective in the mid west because we enjoy all seasons, and weather.

Try Corona when you're not on the Beach, awful.

My brother in law doesn't drink but always buys it cause of the "trendy" commercials with hot chicks on a beach.

We Americans are dumb.

agreed, but this one likes real beer so you won't find corona in my garage fridge ever..

I am more like an anti-fan of the entire lager genre, anything close to that style of beer is the last choice for me... the Coors bud miller style I don't like much at all, maybe ice cold with pizza and it works, but not by choice and only if nothing else is available.. I won't be rude and refuse it usually, my second favorite flavor of beer is free so.....

it must be marketing that keeps Sam Adams using the lager hook in advertising its Boston lager... the beer may mathematically qualify as a lager, but it's so opposite compared to domestic swill it seems like they'd distance from the name.

I dont speak Spanish, but I think Corona is just Spanish for Coors light.

I'm going to disagree on the Blue Moon, I like it, particularly the variety pack with the spices. I've been sampling the different flavored beers here lately and like Angry Orchard as well. It's like Red's Apple Ale but has less sweet and more kick. Killian's Irish Red is good on occasion. Anybody from Texas is familiar withe Shiner beers, all of which are pretty good except for that nasty-azz Shiner Blonde Light. Corona is dog piss, I'd rather have Dos XX or a Modelo if I'm going with route of beers from Mexico.

I'm going to disagree on the Blue Moon, I like it, particularly the variety pack with the spices. I've been sampling the different flavored beers here lately and like Angry Orchard as well. It's like Red's Apple Ale but has less sweet and more kick. Killian's Irish Red is good on occasion. Anybody from Texas is familiar withe Shiner beers, all of which are pretty good except for that nasty-azz Shiner Blonde Light. Corona is dog piss, I'd rather have Dos XX or a Modelo if I'm going with route of beers from Mexico.

I will admit, I liked the first one I ever tasted, then it just went down hill and maybe by the third one it was weird, I was sitting there thinking I really didn't like it... so I bought it another time, and didn't even want to finish that one, so I wrote it off, too many others I'd rather have and there is usually something else, at least some IPA I'll try instead.

When i drink beer, my vagina gets swollen. Does any of you or wives have this problem?

uh no. Please explain more. Are you saying as we drink beer, shoot pool and watch the games, we're females ?

Cant go wrong with Shiner Beer unless its the Prickly Pear flavor....I drink more Vodka, Lime, with Diet Tonic to keep me from swelling up like a Tick on a Hound Dog. I did step out of my comfort zone and tried that Angry Orchard brand of Apple and Ginger 5%

Wasnt too sweet although i felt like a queer in the Grocery Store with it......at least it wasnt Strawberry. :music_guitarred:

Corona is like Heineken. Awful beer, great marketing.

If you have to put lime in beer to make it taste better, buy better tasting beer.

LOL

I was offered that chunks of fruit don't belong in your beer... but have found most hefe's work pretty well with a slice of orange in it, just like a good G&T :)

Corona is like Heineken. Awful beer, great marketing.

If you have to put lime in beer to make it taste better, buy better tasting beer.

Could not agree more on Heineken. Was is in NYC a few weeks back and paid $9... wait for it... a bottle.

I've tried multiple times, Heineken gives me the worst hangover.

In other news, I am ready to buy on T Pryor. He is the starter in OAK for a reason... D Moore, very nice.

Negra Modella or Dos Equis Amber is the only thing in my lineup. I might throw in Sam Adams Octoberfest in a flex spot but usually stick with the aforementioned Messican beers.

I won't be rude and refuse it usually, my second favorite flavor of beer is free so.....

Ah, my favorite beer - free and cold.

These days honestly though, I don't drink much beer - I just go for some single malt whiskey. When I drink beet I feel so... full. Is this what happens in middle age? I don't want to get fat.

Btw, Roddy/Bell is killing me in my 14 team league. And in my 12 PPR for fun league Rice/Bush looked like they were unstoppable, until they decided to watch games from the bench.

Ah, my favorite beer - free and cold.

These days honestly though, I don't drink much beer - I just go for some single malt whiskey. When I drink beet I feel so... full. Is this what happens in middle age? I don't want to get fat.

Btw, Roddy/Bell is killing me in my 14 team league. And in my 12 PPR for fun league Rice/Bush looked like they were unstoppable, until they decided to watch games from the bench.

LOL... lets not open the age and weight can o'worms, this thread is already running a second set of tracks!! i got into negro modelo in cancun like 15 years ago and will admit i like it... there have been a few darks i like, but i probably wouldn't buy a case of any of them for a party or something, or go that way if buying alone for a byob situation... way to into the hefe and wheat world... agree as well, drinking is getting more rare as time goes by and personally i dont hit the hard stuff, just never developed a thing for single malts or brandy or scotch etc... have buddies that swear by makers mark or jack n coke or whatever, guess i'm a happy camper with a killer snob beer :D

back on track one, chasing a RB that i can lean on is killing me... moreno was third of three tonight and i have three weeks to figure it out before bye week destroys me just in time to face the league leader... yeah i know its RBBC but this is BS, i gotta get outta denver since i dont own any of their offense that is actually worth having :(