Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Bradshaw vs Trich

Is it just me or did Bradshaw look better than t rich ever has... He signed a one year deal with the colts & it seems he's got something to prove ..., not happy about the time share but he'll make a good bye week replacement at this point... Guess pagano was serious about a run 1st team

T-Rich had one practise, expect a better performance next week against horrible Jax....Also, Bradshaw had a good game, but it's only a matter of time before he's out with another injury. T-RICH is the back to own there. Sell high on Bradshaw.

T-Rich had one practise, expect a better performance next week against horrible Jax....Also, Bradshaw had a good game, but it's only a matter of time before he's out with another injury. T-RICH is the back to own there. Sell high on Bradshaw.

While you may be right her, your logic isn't exactly, logical.

You say it's only a matter of time before Bradshaw is out with another injury, but Richardson hasn't exactly been the poster boy for health himself. He's dealt with injuries his entire NFL career.

As far as expecting a better performance from Richardson, he has a career 3.5 YPA, so I don't know how reasonable it is to expect a whole lot better.

Split time with Bradshaw on passing downs. Bradshaw may be better splitting time. 60/40 trich with bradshaw the catches and trich most of goaline. I think Bradshaw has a lil chip on his shoulder. Dude runs hard, good football player.

Wish I would have used Bradshaw instead of TR would have won. It is going to give me grey hair playing TR and watching Bradshaw out play him.

Colts gave up a first rounder for TRich. They'll give him plenty of opportunities to prove himself before they give up on him. 70-30 split in favor of TRich this week imo

Colts gave up a first rounder for TRich. They'll give him plenty of opportunities to prove himself before they give up on him. 70-30 split in favor of TRich this week imo

Agreed. You don't give up such a valuable commodity as a first round pick to have him playing in a time share at RB. Once TRich is up to speed on the offense, he will be given every opportunity to be the bell cow RB in Indianapolis.

Agreed. You don't give up such a valuable commodity as a first round pick to have him playing in a time share at RB. Once TRich is up to speed on the offense, he will be given every opportunity to be the bell cow RB in Indianapolis.

sounds like stew is a trich owner :)

sounds like stew is a trich owner :)

Nope. Don't own him at all. I just know how much NFL teams covet first round picks.

Nope. Don't own him at all. I just know how much NFL teams covet first round picks.

as a bradshaw owner i got high hopes...but i'm not gonna argue with the undisputed fanduel king

I think Bradshaw has been under rated his entire career.

I kind of think TRich got handed the top 5 stud rb talent label a little bit early.

For sure Trent gets the opp but I'm very interested how this shakes out. Don't own either.

You gotta let that go....just like in our FF Drafts, fock does that matter now ?

Which player gives the team the best chance to win. Bradshaw owner here, and need him this week with Byes, but I also don't see a Bell Cow situation.

NFL teams with 2 performing backs, both with injury history, only makes sense keeping them fresh.... classic RBBC for the rest of season as long as they're both healthy.

Morons that said drop Bradshaw, he has no FF value are complete morons, he has more value than Tate.

This.

Bradshaw is a good guy to hold but you're fooling yourself if you think every week is gonna be like last week. Only way that happens is if TRich falls flat on his face.

Disclosure, I own Bradshaw, but will be waiting to see how things play out. I understand the Colts gave up a 1st round pick for TRich and he's their back of their future, but they have Bradshaw on a 1-year deal and for cheap. If he's playing better and gives you the best chance to win, why not get the most out of him by running him into the ground. Save TRich some tread and not renew Bradshaw's contract? I'm not saying make Bradshaw the primary back, but to think TRich will just own the job seems a little misguided to me.

You gotta let that go....just like in our FF Drafts, fock does that matter now ?

Which player gives the team the best chance to win. Bradshaw owner here, and need him this week with Byes, but I also don't see a Bell Cow situation.

NFL teams with 2 performing backs, both with injury history, only makes sense keeping them fresh.... classic RBBC for the rest of season as long as they're both healthy.

Morons that said drop Bradshaw, he has no FF value are complete morons, he has more value than Tate.

Let it go? It just happened. :lol: Do you really think the Colts gave up a first round pick to have Bradshaw split carries with Richardson? You don't use a first round pick (or trade a first round pick) for a RB unless you plan on him being a 3 down/bell cow back. If the Colts have any other plans for Richardson, the trade they made was completely stupid and irrational.

Now I'm not saying Bradshaw won't have some value the next couple weeks as Richardson continues to get acclimated to the offense. But once Richardson is locked in on the offense, I believe Bradshaw will have very little value. The value he may have is that the Colts look to be a very run heavy offense this year. Just my opinion.

I would agree that TRich is going to get every opportunity and then some, but I'm not so sure he's the better back.

I'm not sure either but he is the back they just gave up a first round pick for.

I could see a scenario where Bradshaw clearly gives them a better chance to win and so essentially takes over the job late into the year. But I don't see that happening right away, the Colts personnel people would essentially have to immediately admit that the trade for TRich was a big mistake.

So holding Bradshaw is a great idea, and he'll probably give you some value in the meanwhile, especially in PPR leagues. However his share of the snap counts is going to be significantly reduced in the next few weeks as TRich is worked in as the main guy.

I don't own TRich or Bradshaw... so i'm outside looking in.

The way i see it, the colts are young and they wanted to bring in a young RB for the future. Bradshaw is 27 and clearly isn't going to be a long term solution for the Colts. Trent isn't a rookie anymore either, so it only makes sense that the Colts make him the primary and give him all the opportunities to gel with the offensive line and Luck. There is no point sharing 50/50 if they are trying to establish team chemistry not just for this season but for the long term.

Bradshaw owners need to face the facts, if the Colts believed in Bradshaw they wouldn't have gone out and heavily pursue running backs after Ballard got injured. In fact, Ballard was starting over Bradshaw.

In fact, Ballard was starting over Bradshaw.

The rest of your argument is valid, however this is misleading. Ballard was starting over Bradshaw because Bradshaw got hurt and missed all of preseason.

Bradshaw owners need to face the facts, if the Colts believed in Bradshaw they wouldn't have gone out and heavily pursue running backs after Ballard got injured. In fact, Ballard was starting over Bradshaw.

It's not about not believing in someone it's about not risking your entire season on the feet of an oft injured back.

You say it's only a matter of time before Bradshaw is out with another injury, but Richardson hasn't exactly been the poster boy for health himself. He's dealt with injuries his entire NFL career.

As far as expecting a better performance from Richardson, he has a career 3.5 YPA, so I don't know how reasonable it is to expect a whole lot better.

I would expect a lot more, working with a team that won't load the box on every down. Luck taking the snap is a lot more daunting for defenses than Weeden was in Cleveland.

As far as Bradshaw? Good for him, fear can be a huge motivation factor.. That said, the Colts didn't surrender a #1 pick to have Richardson in a RBBC.

With another week of study and practice in the system under his belt, the torch, at least to the tune of 70% - 30% will be passed to the younger, more talented TRich.

But who the hell knows.. it sounds good, right??

It's the nfl where only winning matters, if trich continues to average 3.5 ypc and bradshaw is the more explosive back then bradshaw will still see work. Just because they gave up a late first round for a guy does not mean he automatically becomes a three down back. Bradshaw is on a one year deal so now they have a future plan for next year.

Unless bradshaw gets hurt i agree with the other comments of a full blown rbbc.

I would expect a lot more, working with a team that won't load the box on every down. Luck taking the snap is a lot more daunting for defenses than Weeden was in Cleveland.

As far as Bradshaw? Good for him, fear can be a huge motivation factor.. That said, the Colts didn't surrender a #1 pick to have Richardson in a RBBC.

With another week of study and practice in the system under his belt, the torch, at least to the tune of 70% - 30% will be passed to the younger, more talented TRich.

But who the hell knows.. it sounds good, right??

But that sounds like what the Fantasy Football owners said here last week, including drop Bradshaw, and he has no value.

They were dead wrong, Bradshaw was a mosnter.

So, since our gueses have been wrong, I'd like to hear from the Coaches on the RB load.

Note....I need Bradshaw bad with SJAX out and DWIII bye week.

But that sounds like what the Fantasy Football owners said here last week, including drop Bradshaw, and he has no value.

So, since our gueses have been wrong, I'd like to hear from the Coaches on the RB load.

Anybody who said "drop Bradshaw" was stupid and overreacting. The point is temper your expectations.

if trich continues to average 3.5 ypc and bradshaw is the more explosive back then bradshaw will still see work.

That's the key.. IF TRich continues to suck.. But he will be given the opportunity in the next couple weeks to prove himself...the way I see it, it's his job to lose.

It's the nfl where only winning matters, if trich continues to average 3.5 ypc and bradshaw is the more explosive back then bradshaw will still see work. Just because they gave up a late first round for a guy does not mean he automatically becomes a three down back. Bradshaw is on a one year deal so now they have a future plan for next year.

Unless bradshaw gets hurt i agree with the other comments of a full blown rbbc.

That sounds nice, but what else were the Colts going to do? Richardson had literally a day to get himself acquainted with the offense, the playbook, blocking schemes, etc. They aren't going to have him out there for a full workload, have him miss a blocking assignment due to not being familiar with the protection schemes and get Luck killed.

That would be counter productive.

So you give the lions share of the work to Bradshaw, hope for the best, which is what they got thanks to the offensive balance with the threat of Luck to pass... I'll give props to AB, he looked great. I'd have a chip on my shoulder too.

It is all speculation of course, none of us are in the Colts meetings, on the sidelines, or dinner guests with privileges at Chuck Pagano's house.

But again, you don't give up a first round pick (uber valuable in the NFL.. I mean in season trades including first round picks happen so often..) for a "complimentary" back.

T Rich will be the workhorse.

Signed,

Mrs. Richardson ;)

Dropping Bradshaw would be ridiculous, preposterous, ludicrous, regardless of the situation. The guy has value of course, talent, handcuff, solid contributor.

Whoever said drop, I call major violation... LOL

Fantasy owners are into instant gratification, unfortunately.

But look for the Colts to trot out their new toy this weekend in all his first round glory. Giddyapp.

That sounds nice, but what else were the Colts going to do? Richardson had literally a day to get himself acquainted with the offense, the playbook, blocking schemes, etc. They aren't going to have him out there for a full workload, have him miss a blocking assignment due to not being familiar with the protection schemes and get Luck killed.

That would be counter productive.

So you give the lions share of the work to Bradshaw, hope for the best, which is what they got thanks to the offensive balance with the threat of Luck to pass... I'll give props to AB, he looked great. I'd have a chip on my shoulder too.

It is all speculation of course, none of us are in the Colts meetings, on the sidelines, or dinner guests with privileges at Chuck Pagano's house.

But again, you don't give up a first round pick (uber valuable in the NFL.. I mean in season trades including first round picks happen so often..) for a "complimentary" back.

T Rich will be the workhorse.

Signed,

Mrs. Richardson ;)

I think it's a RBBC situation as well. I agree they gave up a first rounder for TRich to be the workhorse of the future. I just don't think they'll do it right now. If he doesn't outplay Bradshaw the first couple games why not keep running with Bradshaw and save some wear on Rich? Bradshaw is just a one-year rental anyway.

My logic has come from what the indianapolis GM and coach have said. That and the fact that they traded a 1st for him. I doubt they would have made that trade if they were worried about the YPC that everyone keeps on bringing up here. They love what they see in him and are not going to let Bradshaw get in the way......How could they a trade away a 1st only to tell their fans he's backing up Bradshaw? That doesn't make sense.......He may not be better than Bradshaw, but he WILL be given more carries.....As far as injuries, Richardson has missed 1 game. Bradshaw on the other hand every year for the last 4 (2-5 games) per year.

If you need any more convincing listen to the Indy press conferences.

Sounds like a 60 / 40 split in favor of Richardson.

Can't see Bradshaw getting phased out. As long as he is healthy, he should see his fair share of carries.

RBBC is the new wave in the NFL. Get used to it.

My logic has come from what the indianapolis GM and coach have said. That and the fact that they traded a 1st for him. I doubt they would have made that trade if they were worried about the YPC that everyone keeps on bringing up here. They love what they see in him and are not going to let Bradshaw get in the way......How could they a trade away a 1st only to tell their fans he's backing up Bradshaw? That doesn't make sense.......He may not be better than Bradshaw, but he WILL be given more carries.....As far as injuries, Richardson has missed 1 game. Bradshaw on the other hand every year for the last 4 (2-5 games) per year.

If you need any more convincing listen to the Indy press conferences.

When did the Indy GM and coach say that Bradshaw was more of an injury risk than Richardson?

When did the Indy GM and coach say that Richardson's 3.5 career YPC wasn't relevant or real?

That is the "logic" that you used to support your theory, and that is what I was talking about.

And, just as your "logic" is questionable, so are your facts. Bradshaw missed 2 games last year, and 4 the year before. In the two previous years, his played 16 and 15 games. He's never missed 5 games in a season, and he's only missed more than 2 games once in a season since his rookie year. Your belief that Bradshaw misses 2-5 games/year is completely baseless.

As far as Bradshaw getting more carries, I never suggested that, and I agree with you that Richardson will get more carries. However, I think the split will be closer to 60/40 than 70/30, and that Bradshaw will see more receptions. So, while Richardson will be more valuable, FF speaking, Bradshaw won't be useless. I also believe that Bradshaw will do more with his touches. Of course, if either RB gets hurt (as neither seem to be ironmen), the other's FF value will shoot up.

Wasnt Trent Richardson headed to the bench on 3rd downs this year to Chris Oganbannana? That was the reason I stayed away this year in ppr draft. Nothing worse than a passing down and your top 10 pick heads to the sideline. YUCK.

I still think he does this in Indy and it will hurt his value despite having a 60/40 or 70/30 Lead on Bradshaw in carries.

i like what this guy said...kinda how i feel

The Offensive Coordinator for Indy ran the "smash mouth" Stanford offense with- yes, Andrew Luck.

He will be running the hell out of Ahmad Bradshaw and Trent Richardson. Honestly, Bradshaw is more elusive and shifty while Richardson is the hammer.

Check out the Play by Play offered by CBS.com Bradshaw ran the entire 1st series against the 49ers. The O.C. substituted Bradshaw with Richardson on the 3 yard line. Basically, Richardson was a "Touchdown Vulture". Bradshaw should have finished with 2 TDs and 98 yards.

If you have Bradshaw hold him, if you need a solid RB1 in a weak year for RBs then pick him up and don't look back.

Bradshaw is Super Bowl proven and can catch and run. I can't say that about TRich.

You think Bradshaw is the only one with a chip on his shoulder? TRich WAS the cleveland offense last year he faced a stacked box right from the get go. Not to mention he played hurt most of the season. We all know Bradshaw has bum feet and he's going to blow a tire if he gets too many touches. Last i checked, he always shared the ball and he still got hurt. TRich was thrown into the fire his rookie season. Sh!t, he's only 18 games into his career and you guys define him by his career 3.5 ypc on a horrible team. The kid is gonna be a monster in indy might not be for another few weeks until he grasps offense but he's clearly more talented than Bradshaw don't kid yourself. The running lanes that Tiki, Brandon Jacobs, and Bradshaw had in New York were enormous. I like bradshaw but he'll definitely be faded out as season goes on. Trading a 1st round pick for someone means investing in him LONG-TERM. One year rental means you are not a part of their future. Why on earth would it be 50/50 RBBC?

So who do u bench for Bradshaw ?

I played mendenhall last week and it cost me.

I guess we all know what Bradshaw did last week might be his highest points for the year with Trich learning the offense.

Can we get one more week out of Bradshaw ?

i need him this week

Who's starting him and over who ?

You think Bradshaw is the only one with a chip on his shoulder? TRich WAS the cleveland offense last year he faced a stacked box right from the get go. Not to mention he played hurt most of the season. We all know Bradshaw has bum feet and he's going to blow a tire if he gets too many touches. Last i checked, he always shared the ball and he still got hurt. TRich was thrown into the fire his rookie season. Sh!t, he's only 18 games into his career and you guys define him by his career 3.5 ypc on a horrible team. The kid is gonna be a monster in indy might not be for another few weeks until he grasps offense but he's clearly more talented than Bradshaw don't kid yourself. The running lanes that Tiki, Brandon Jacobs, and Bradshaw had in New York were enormous. I like bradshaw but he'll definitely be faded out as season goes on. Trading a 1st round pick for someone means investing in him LONG-TERM. One year rental means you are not a part of their future. Why on earth would it be 50/50 RBBC?

No way does Bradshaw get phased out. These two are gonna be a MEAN one-two punch all year.

Just because they gave up a first rounder for T-Rich, it doesn't mean they'll forget about Bradshaw. They will use their assets. Why wear down one back when you can keep both fresh and healthy as possible? They will share the load.

Win win for the Colts.

When did the Indy GM and coach say that Bradshaw was more of an injury risk than Richardson?

When did the Indy GM and coach say that Richardson's 3.5 career YPC wasn't relevant or real?

That is the "logic" that you used to support your theory, and that is what I was talking about.

And, just as your "logic" is questionable, so are your facts. Bradshaw missed 2 games last year, and 4 the year before. In the two previous years, his played 16 and 15 games. He's never missed 5 games in a season, and he's only missed more than 2 games once in a season since his rookie year. Your belief that Bradshaw misses 2-5 games/year is completely baseless.

As far as Bradshaw getting more carries, I never suggested that, and I agree with you that Richardson will get more carries. However, I think the split will be closer to 60/40 than 70/30, and that Bradshaw will see more receptions. So, while Richardson will be more valuable, FF speaking, Bradshaw won't be useless. I also believe that Bradshaw will do more with his touches. Of course, if either RB gets hurt (as neither seem to be ironmen), the other's FF value will shoot up.

When did I say that Bradshaw would be useless?

When did I say that Bradshaw would be useless?

When did I say that you said that?

I said Richardson would be more valuable, but Bradshaw wouldn't be useless. Nowhere did I say YOU claimed he was useless.

This is the problem with this thread (and others about Richardson). This post is based on absolutely nothing. No facts, no evidence, no logic.

Richardson faced a stacked box, that's why he didn't do well last year?
More often than not, top RBs come from poor-passing teams, so they would face 8 in the box.

Richardson played hurt most of last season?
Richardson has played 18 games in his career: 6 before his rib injury last year, 9 when he was dealing with the injury, and 3 this year while healthy. In his 9 healthy games, he has averaged 3.45 YPC. In his 9 "hurt" games, he has averaged 3.54 YPC.

We "all know" Bradshaw has bum feet & he's going to blow a tire if he gets too many touches. Last you checked, he's always shared the ball and got hurt?
Since his rookie year, Bradshaw has only had 1 season where he missed more than 2 games.

Richardson is clearly more talented than Bradshaw?
The video and stats say otherwise. Bradshaw has averaged 4.6 YPC over his career, Richardson has averaged 3.5 YPC. Bradshaw has averaged 8.1 yards/catch, Richardson 7.2.

The running lanes that Tiki, Brandon Jacobs, and Bradshaw had in New York were enormous?
Tiki hasn't played in 7 years!!! Jacobs averaged 3.8 YPC in 2011 & was out of NY in 2012. PFF ranked the Browns as the 5th best O-line in 2012, NYG were 11th.

Trading a 1st round pick for someone means investing in him LONG-TERM. One year rental means you are not a part of their future.
We're not talking about the future, we're talking about the now. Do I expect Bradshaw to be back in Indy next year? No, but that has nothing to do with this year. Many teams use first-round picks on players, but do not make them full-time starters in year 1, so your argument that they traded a first, he's going to get all the work right away is baseless.

Your "rationale" about why Richardson is going to become the man isn't based on anything, yet you refuse to look at the facts, objectively, and consider that Richardson may not get the workload we thought he would get in Cleveland. I have no doubts that Richardson will get the most carries, but his value will likely be limited by Bradshaw's presence.
  • Like 2