Sign in to follow this  
Junkie

Starting FJax over Spiller

Got to start Fred Jackson or Spiller an I'm going with Fred. They're both banged up, but he's practiced all week and has looked better all year. Not excited about it, but my only other choice is Mathews, so I'm throwing him out there and hoping for a cheap TD somehow. Anybody else as screwed as me? Geez.

I'm thinking that too. Spiller will go off now. You know we drafted him for a reason, but I've lost patience. Fred has just looked better....

FJax - 48 yards - 4 pts

Spiller 67 yards 1 TD - 12 pts (He gets a TD on a 41 yard run)

Honestly Jackson looks pretty good. He's had double digit points every week so I don't know why people are hating on him. Yea I'd be pissed if I drafted spiller in the first round and he's turned out like this bust people knew the risk when drafting him. I just don't think people prepared for Jackson coming back and doing as well as he has. For now I would start Jackson over spiller until spiller started to actually produce

I knew it would happen eventually. Benching him is what did it.

Glad I don't have him to have to make that decision lol

I finally started FJax over Spiller. Spiller has been killing me, but FJax looks slow to me and now Choice is in when they're in the redzone.....I don't know what to make of the Bills right now.

Anyone else notice the bills have a 3 way RBBC? Honestly I love spiller as a player but to me the person it seems to me to own on that team is Fred Jackson. He gets the goal line carries as well as a lot of carries between the 20s

For some reason I've still got some hope for Spiller. Yes Jackson was the workhorse last night but he did only average 3.1 YPC. At least Spiller showed his explosiveness, and even looked gimpy at the end of it, which hopefully contributed to limiting his touches yesterday. Now he's got some extra time to heal for next week.

Freddy is the guy to own here. Spiller will get his games where he racks up yardage, but if you bottle him up (which is tough enough)---he won't get much. Freddy is in on more snaps, trusted and just looks like he knows whats going on when he is out there on the field (as he should).

The run from Spiller was a thing of beauty, no doubt.

Jackson's ypc is not bad considering the front of the Cleveland line and how many attempts he had.

I'll take him over Spiller all day.

Jackson will wear down or get hurt as the season progresses. IMO, the cream always rises to the top, and I believe Spiller will be a monster from week 10 on. I have both guys and started Jackson last nite.

Yesterday was actually the first game that Jackson had more rushes than Spiller, and again I think that had a lot to due to Spiller's injury. Jackson has definitely outplayed Spiller thus far and is probably a must start until he proves otherwise, but it still seems like the Bills want to get Spiller going. Hopefully he actually does (and hopefully he gets healthy).

Yesterday was actually the first game that Jackson had more rushes than Spiller, and again I think that had a lot to due to Spiller's injury.

Finally someone in this thread who has a clue of what their eyes and info tell them.

It's not that F-Jax is outplaying Spiller persay, it's that the Bills aren't playing to Spiller's strengths - at all. F-Jax is fine to run right up the middle everytime because he is good at shedding 2-3 defenders at the line, with no space, in succession, and falling forward.

Spiller's strength is not slamming him into the guards every play like he's Jerome Bettis. But that is what they are doing.

He averaged 7-8 yards per touch and had so many long TD's last year because they gave him pitches, true draw plays, counters, screen passes and lots of swing passes. This RB-offense is doing none of that.

This is the perfect time to trade Jackson. He had a good game. He had more carries then spiller and if people don't look into it they won't realize it was because spiller wasn't 100%. Also, he hasn't played a full season the last two years. That isn't something that usually corrects itself when you are a 32 year old RB. So it is only a matter of time before he goes down.

I am fully shopping him now to see what I can get. Also the turnover in QB has me worried that they could go back to the spiller dump offs that worked so well last year.

Finally someone in this thread who has a clue of what their eyes and info tell them.

It's not that F-Jax is outplaying Spiller persay, it's that the Bills aren't playing to Spiller's strengths - at all. F-Jax is fine to run right up the middle everytime because he is good at shedding 2-3 defenders at the line, with no space, in succession, and falling forward.

Spiller's strength is not slamming him into the guards every play like he's Jerome Bettis. But that is what they are doing.

He averaged 7-8 yards per touch and had so many long TD's last year because they gave him pitches, true draw plays, counters, screen passes and lots of swing passes. This RB-offense is doing none of that.

And that is why he is not in on every down. Period. Everyone on the defense knows what Spiller is doing, EVERYTIME. They know he can't run up the middle for doodly poooooo.

So what does the defense do? They try even harder to cover the flats, or edge. Enter Jackson, a mudder who pounds people.

Funny thing is, Spiller still beats them (the defense) to the "edge" sometimes.

Jackson is also the better pass protection back as well. I DO think he is outplaying Spiller, physically as a runner, and with pure heart.

What is Jackson's trade value? Who do ya think he would fetch right now?

I put him on the block and got two offers so far, Reggie Wayne and Colston. The trade can't go through until next week so I am waiting to make a decision.