Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Anyone worried about Calvin Johnson being seriously hurt?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000260087/article/calvin-johnson-returns-to-practice-for-detroit-lions

Contrary to a previous report, Johnson made his return to Detroit Lions practice on Thursday. Johnson has been dealing with swelling in his knee.

The Lions' official website reported that Johnson took part in the portion of practice open to the media, going through all individual drills.

A return to practice is a very good sign for Megatron, though the playmaker could be headed toward another game-time decision for Sunday's matchup against the Cleveland Browns. That was the case last week as well, when Johnson was ruled out for Detroit's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Johnson set the NFL's all-time receiving record while playing through a series of nagging injuries last season, so don't count him out as a difference-maker in Week 6. Of course, he'll need to get on the field first.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it is nothing. Calvin having a really slow start this year.

I am, I'm worried that he had nagging injuries all last season now its starting again. I am contemplating trading him for woodhead & jordy nelson, ppr league my RBs are horrendous and am desperate, Woodhead has been solid in PPR.

I am, I'm worried that he had nagging injuries all last season now its starting again. I am contemplating trading him for woodhead & jordy nelson, ppr league my RBs are horrendous and am desperate, Woodhead has been solid in PPR.

Yeah, that would have sounded crazy a few weeks ago, but now I think that might be a smart trade.

Just traded Calvin, Stacy and Julius Thomas for Doug Martin, Jordy Nelson and Martellus Bennett.

Something isn't right. Any injury that causes the knee to 'SWELL' and causes him to miss a game is a big red flag...

He is also wearing a knee brace...

If he still can't go this week, this injury could linger all season.

• Like 1

I'm not worried..... but then again... I'm playing against him.

i'm holding for now though I wish he had a bye week this week. by the time his week 9 bye rolls around he may have lost his elite trade value if he really is badly dinged up. have to figure that sitting out a game helped some, esp if he was like 90% of the way to playing. Detroit is at least handling this better than Atlanta.

I have a verbal agreement to trade CJ for woodhead & jordy nelson in a ppr league. I'm so hesitant cause it's megatron for heavens sake but I'm absolutely desperate for a RB & the waiver wire is bone dry and can't get anyone else in the league to bite because my RB corps is as appealing as a bag of dicks so I have no decent RB to give back.

Something isn't right. Any injury that causes the knee to 'SWELL' and causes him to miss a game is a big red flag...

He is also wearing a knee brace...

If he still can't go this week, this injury could linger all season.

Good insight there you Skinny Bastard :lol:

I share the same opinion........so much so that I dealt away Reggie Bush and Witten for Jamal Charles in a PPR; even though I play the guy this week.

I drafted Calvin for the first time this season. I never take WRs early normally, and I am a Lion's homer. This really stinks, and even if he plays, he won't be 100% and Haden will be all over him. The knee has me very worried, not for my fantasy team but for the Lion's season. The season was looking so promising, and if Calvin is gimpy for an extended period of time the Lions are in big trouble.

i have him in some of my leagues .. i am not worried .. i have no control over it .so why should i worry about that .. its just ff . its just a game .. god bless

I thought I trade raped an owner when I got Megatron, TRich and Ridley for Gore, V. Davis and Green-Ellis. Who would of thought I could end up being the loser in that trade? FML.

Get well Megatron. Get well soon.

Some good news today, if it means anything from Twitter world:

@AdamSchefter: RT@davebirkett: At Lions practice today RT@cmonarrez: Calvin Johnson without knee brace moves well during individual drills at practice. Good sign.

great news

Just traded Calvin, Stacy and Julius Thomas for Doug Martin, Jordy Nelson and Martellus Bennett.

Baaaad trade for you

Calvin will be back and Thomas is stud

Baaaad trade for you

Calvin will be back and Thomas is stud

I disagree. I think Nelson will approach Calvin's final numbers and Martin is a huge upgrade over Stacey. Sure, Thomas is better than Bennett, but Cutler is looking Bennett's way a lot and there are not nearly as many mouths to feed in Chicago as there are in Denver. Workhorse RBs are the absolute premium in FF, and Martin makes that trade.

I'm not so sure.

Martin is a 3 down back that is one of the few in the league not in some sort of time-share. He has had some tough matchup a this far against the Jets, Pats and surprising Saints as well as the Cards. He is going to feast on the Eagles this weekend IMO and make people remember why he was a consensus top 5 pick