Sign in to follow this  
JohnD.

If Mendy sits... Ellington a must start RB2 or Flex

So Mendy might sit this week. If he does would it be a better play to roll with Ellington vs. SJax this week? SJax still worries me. He's been practicing but it's been limited. Not sure where his conditioning is either.

Cards have said they won't give Ellington the full workload. Smith would likely get more carries than usual.

Boy..Bruce Arian really wants to protect Ellington.

Here's an advice to the entire Arizona coaching staff....how about 'deactivating' Ellington so he can't see the field and in essence get HURT. Protect him my a@@.

• Like 1

I'm playing Elli over flash Gordon if Mendy sits. They can say what they want but if they want a W he'll HAVE to get more touches.

I'm playing Elli over flash Gordon if Mendy sits. They can say what they want but if they want a W he'll HAVE to get more touches.

^^this

Mendenhall (toe) is listed as Doubtful. Given what we know and hear from Arians, I think you can expect a slightly bigger role for Ellington but its doubtful he's going to vault to workhorse status. Stepfan Taylor will likely see some action and FB Alfonso Smith will be in on passing downs.

Oh fun... another week, another decision guaranteed to fail -

the painfully underused Ellington vs. the oft injured Murray :doh:

I'm rolling with him this week because I need a player with upside. There aren't many options out there with all of the byes and injuries. All 3 of my starting RBs are out this week, plus my opponent already got 31 points out of Cam Newton.

Mendenhall (toe) is listed as Doubtful. Given what we know and hear from Arians, I think you can expect a slightly bigger role for Ellington but its doubtful he's going to vault to workhorse status. Stepfan Taylor will likely see some action and FB Alfonso Smith will be in on passing downs.

I'm interested to see if they activate Ryan Williams for this game. If not, I'm not sure why they are bothering to carry him on the roster.

Why the hell did they even bother drafting this guy if they didn't plan on utilizing him? There has to be smaller backs who have succeeded in the past. RBs have a shelf life of roughly 3-4 in the NFL no matter what the size. I don't get it :dunno:

I don't get it.

Ray Rice is 5'8 and 212.

Ellington is 5'9 and 199

That's a difference of 12 friggin pounds.

Warrick Dunn was 5'9, 187

David Wilson is 5'9, 205

• Like 1

It's just coaches 'acting' like they are far better talent evaluators than they really are.

Remember Jamal Charles and Haley?

Haley doubted Charles hindering his performance and the chief's franchise. Now with Reid it's a total different thing. You play the best player and get him as much touches as possible. The result... 7-0 start.

It's just coaches 'acting' like they are far better talent evaluators than they really are.

Remember Jamal Charles and Haley?

Haley doubted Charles hindering his performance and the chief's franchise. Now with Reid it's a total different thing. You play the best player and get him as much touches as possible. The result... 7-0 start.

It is simply amazing to me that Haley was able to keep Charles off the field for that long time. It didn't make since then of course----but how was he able to get away with it?

As a Fitz owner, I am psyched for a running game.. Floyd is already stepping up big on the other side.

I really hope Arians wakes up and realizes that he needs to, um, what do you say....... Uh Play your best players!

Boy..Bruce Arian really wants to protect Ellington.

Here's an advice to the entire Arizona coaching staff....how about 'deactivating' Ellington so he can't see the field and in essence get HURT. Protect him my a@@.

These head coaches are so stupid. They all need to go back to school. The game has changed. Players don't get hurt less by being played less, they get hurt more. Your body actually gets stronger and more durable the more you run.

This has been a frustrating situation to monitor for weeks. Would it surprise anyone if Ellington is back to 10 touches again if Mendenhall returns after the bye? Arians is a moron.

It wasn't just Ellington; Taylor ran with a nasty streak. As a Cards fan, if I don't see Mendy on the field again, I'm happy. :)

if they start anyone but Ellington they deserve to lose... hes by far the most dynamic, he should only get better with carries, I bet fitz and the rest of the WR want him starting, should help them.

if they start anyone but Ellington they deserve to lose... hes by far the most dynamic, he should only get better with carries, I bet fitz and the rest of the WR want him starting, should help them.

Wait..but he's too small..

He doesn't have 'elite' speed...

Doesn't pass the eye ball test...

:nono:

Yeah that 80 yard romp was a pretty nice equalizer against the defense, but what impressed me was he ripped off 64 yards on his other 14 carries. He plays quicker than his base speed, though you could see defenders closing on him as he crossed the goal line. I hear the frustration from his owners, as it is still a committee with Taylor getting 14 carries.

Yeah that 80 yard romp was a pretty nice equalizer against the defense, but what impressed me was he ripped off 64 yards on his other 14 carries. He plays quicker than his base speed, though you could see defenders closing on him as he crossed the goal line. I hear the frustration from his owners, as it is still a committee with Taylor getting 14 carries.

Stop...

Seriously stop...

You continue to refer back to his lack of speed...but on that 80 yarder...he outran guys that are suppose to be FASTER than him. See this before you question his 'base' speed.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10012

"Former Clemson running back Andre Ellington hurt his hamstring on his first 40 attempt at the NFL combine on Sunday according to Rotoworld.

He registered a 4.59 "unofficial," but surely would have run faster if not for the injury. The ailment's extent is unknown. Ellington, who succeeded C.J. Spiller in Clemson's backfield, stands 5-foot-9, 199 and possesses highly impressive burst and acceleration. He's a probable second-round draft pick."

Taylor's 14 carries came in 4th quarter of garbage time. I for one have had Ellington stashed on my roster since week 2. Played him at my flex since forte was on bye and the guy did not disappoint! I knew mendy would eventually get hurt plus he's old and slow now. Ellington should get most carries from now on. I really also hope they started throwing to him in the backfield too. He's got great hands.

Seriously, I hope you guys prove me wrong, if you haven't already. I just feel with his lack of true speed and size he will not pan out to be a premier back in this league. At least running behind that offensive line.

Seriously, I hope you guys prove me wrong, if you haven't already. I just feel with his lack of true speed and size he will not pan out to be a premier back in this league. At least running behind that offensive line.

He already have.

Averaging 7.7 yards per carry this season.

154 yards on 15 carries.

Again, you have no idea what you talking about. This kid has always been known for his solid speed.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-ellington?id=2539217

"Ellington has flashed real speed and explosiveness over the past three years when given the opportunity."

Stop...

Seriously stop...

You continue to refer back to his lack of speed...but on that 80 yarder...he outran guys that are suppose to be FASTER than him. See this before you question his 'base' speed.

"Former Clemson running back Andre Ellington hurt his hamstring on his first 40 attempt at the NFL combine on Sunday according to Rotoworld.

He registered a 4.59 "unofficial," but surely would have run faster if not for the injury. The ailment's extent is unknown. Ellington, who succeeded C.J. Spiller in Clemson's backfield, stands 5-foot-9, 199 and possesses highly impressive burst and acceleration. He's a probable second-round draft pick."

Great info, thanks. He is clearly quicker and faster than his combine numbers.

Stop...

Seriously stop...

Actually I believe he also ran a 4.51 at the Clemson Pro Day. All I am saying is the just doesn't have a top gear, which can be lethal in undersized backs.

CAN BE.

I've got no problem admitting when I have a bad take, and in fact have done so many times here, if that is what you're looking for. It is FAR too early to be getting glassy eyed over this guy's potential. Seriously, if you're asking us to believe we should anoint this kid as a premier back in this league, based on what he's done in eight games of part time work, you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

"Already have?" Seriously?