Sign in to follow this  
sgumm23

So I just traded Calvin

Gave up Calvin and Eli for Aaron Rodgers and Steve Smith. Other wrs are BMarshall Jordy and C Shorts. Was set to roll with Locker at qb. Over now but anyone else traded Calvin lately?

I would trade him but can't.

Between starting lineup and bench I have 15 spots. Unfortunately that's not enough room for all the good players I would need to roster after the trade.

• Like 1

In the one league I don't have him in, I've been wondering what to package with AP to get him. That's how valuable I think he is.

I don't think I'd trade Calvin for the moon, the stars and the sun. There aren't many true studs out there this year at WR (or RB) and Calvin's the studliest of them all.

• Like 1

Gut reaction is you gave up too much. IMO... Rogers v Eli... or Locker... or Jason Campbell... etc... is not anywhere near the difference between Calvin and Smith.

That said... the bye week thing does make a difference. Sound strategy when you can pull it off... I try to do the same thing in trades.

Curious who the Rodgers owner has left at QB.

I don't think I'd trade Calvin for the moon, the stars and the sun. There aren't many true studs out there this year at WR (or RB) and Calvin's the studliest of them all.

Agree with you 100%. It is crazy to even think about trading a stud like this unless it is for a King's Ransom and Rodgers and Smith are far short of that.

I'm shopping him hard, after drafting RBs like SJAX, DWIII, Bradshaw and Mendy, I'm desperate, or done.

Offered FJAX, Marshall, Stafford

or

Lacy, D thomas, Newton

I haven't accepted.

The Mccoy owner won't give up Forte...and the Marshall owner won't give Jordy.

I don't think you got near enough. I have Calvin in a dynasty and it would be tough for me to move him without getting back a top tier WR or RB and some other pieces. He and J. Graham are my two almost untradeable pieces.

In a redraft I just gave up T.Smith, TY Hilton and J. Reed for Calvin. All of these guys were going to be on my bench this week. Calvin is on BYE, and the owner is 3-5 and can't afford a loss. He also has AJ Green.

I don't own Calvin in any leagues, so this is from a non-owner viewpoint... In the case of Calvin, I would expect a Kings Ransom in return. I don't think you get that with Smith and Rodgers. He is the top guy at his position and undeniably consistent. Regardless of what others have posted, Johnson has many years left. He's only 28 years old, hasn't had any major injuries and his QB is locked up for the remainder of his career. WR's play very well into their mid-thirties, especially with a solid QB. He's the closest thing to a lock you can get at the position and barring injury, will be a top 3 to 5 fantasy producer for another five years. At 28, he's just entering the prime of his career. This isn't the 80's where a WR was done at 30. In the last decade, look at the guys who have performed great until 35.... No way would I let go of him unless the offer was a solid young RB1 AND another top player at their position. You got a WR3 on the downside of his career and a QB that isn't at the top of his game due to injuries and a renewed running game. I just don't see how this adds up to a good deal for you.

Just to give some perspective on the trade for Rodgers, I was able to get Rodgers and Witten for Douglas and Reed. Calvin should have brought a much higher price.

Terrible..... He's the best player in fantasy and will probably deliver a championship to the team he was traded too. He's just getting started. And.... Trade him for a QB???? Good luck.

i can pick up pretty much any FA QB in any league and pair him up with Calvin and they will score more than Rodgers + Smith.

sorry, terrible trade.

The other guy just threw his gun and mask in the garbage can. Heist completed!!!!

i can pick up pretty much any FA QB in any league and pair him up with Calvin and they will score more than Rodgers + Smith.

sorry, terrible trade.

Agreed. My competitive 12 team QB heavy 6 pt passing TD league has the following QBs in FA.

Terrelle Pryor

Alex Smith

Geno Smith

Ryan Tannehill

Joe Flacco

Ben Roethlisberger

Carson Palmer

I can stream weekly matchups with those QBs + Calvin Johnson and they will out score Rodgers + Smith easily.

Ouch! You traded a guy who just had 329 receiving yards, 1 TD, stopped twice at the 1 yard line? A guy who is leading the league in receiving yards, 117.3g avg. With 7 TDs on the year, for who? :shocking:

possibly the worst trade I have seen here and there have been some bad ones

you should at the very least get

a top tier WR (which Steve Smith is in about tier 8)

a rb 1/2, a guy like Morris, inj Foster, etc

something like Demaryius and Morris

Welker and Foster

Cameron and Demaryius

etc

Don't worry guys. He didn't actually make the trade yet. See you post it this way, see what the reaction is, and then make a decision. It's a way to sneak in a "little help" on this board.

So my thoughts? Great trade man!!!

• Like 1

Don't worry guys. He didn't actually make the trade yet. See you post it this way, see what the reaction is, and then make a decision. It's a way to sneak in a "little help" on this board.

So my thoughts? Great trade man!!!

I'll see your 'camouflaged post' and raise you a 'fake trade troll' :clap: