Sign in to follow this  
vino

Is it time to pickup Burleson or Crabtree? or mb Both?

I'm 2nd place at 8-2 and looking for the playoff run, especially trying to get another quality PPR WR. I've placed a trade out there for a WR but no word yet...

Is it time to pickup Crabtree or Burleson off waivers? or BOTH? I have one open spot on bench and can probably drop J. Bell if needed for both players. I'd prefer to drop T. Wright but I have to hear about Davis first. What do you guys think about these guys when they come back for season play and for playoffs given the difference in their injuries (Torn achillies vs Broken arm).

Burleson, I'm assuming, will be back earlier and is great in PPR

Crabtree, could also be a great solution for making a run towards the end

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, Def, K .... PPR - 1pt per rec., 1pt per 10yrds, 6pt per TD

QB - Rivers, Foles.. Bench: Dalton

RB - AP, A.Morriss, R. Jennings (Flex).. Bench: Mcfadden, J.Bell

WR - CJ, K. Wright, B. Hartline.. Bench: T. Williams

Flex - R. Jennings

TE - V. Davis.. Bench: Tim Wright

Def - Bears.. Bench: Clev

K - Crosby

I grabbed Burleson last week. One guy has had Crabtree all season. I don't expect much.

Both were available. I grabbed Crabtree first. Trying to figure out who else to drop. Hopefully Roddy comes back and then I don't need to.

Both were available. I grabbed Crabtree first. Trying to figure out who else to drop. Hopefully Roddy comes back and then I don't need to.

I grabbed Burleson last week. One guy has had Crabtree all season. I don't expect much.

Yeah, I ended up able to grab Crabtree (Niner fan).. I'm on the fence on whether to pick up Burleson from WW, stash him for a week or so and drop either T.Wright or J. Bell.. If I don't grab him, that's if it comes to me, it's pretty much guaranteed one of the other top 4 teams will..

Burleson probably not worth a pick-up. Crabtree should have been picked up by last week, so if he's out there - grab him. Another one better than Burleson would be Santonio holmes.

care to elaborate why Burleson is not worth a pick up?

my reasons why he is

1.) high powered offense

2.)1st few games before injury 6-7 receptions

3:)plays w/ the best receiver in the nfl & will see single coverage

Burleson and Holmes worth pickups.

Holmes will be playing last games as a jet for new contract

I stand corrected. What was i thinking? Upon further review, Burleson did not make my list only because he was already rostered in every one of my six leagues. He could be PPR gold in the stretch run and the playoffs..

I stand corrected. What was i thinking? Upon further review, Burleson did not make my list only because he was already rostered in every one of my six leagues. He could be PPR gold in the stretch run and the playoffs..

I grabbed him weeks ago even in deep 16 team non-ppr league. Considering him in PPR league but really don't have roster space for him. As you said, he could be gold down the stretch and potentially more valuable than Crabtree who may or may not be healthy in what has become a bad offense. I expect the Niners offense to pick up a bit with both Crabtree and Manningham back, but there are no guarantees.

For non-PPR the reason why I chose to stay away from Burleson is because the WR2 at Detroit has never really put up great numbers in the past. Stafford just throws it to Calvin even if he's double covered.

Hopefully this is finally the year Burleson lives up to all the predictions. 0 for what? 8 now?

Also, I wouldn't worry about Crabtree. It's week 11 and he is barely practicing. Best case is he probably comes back around week 13 where he'll barely play. Then what? Your going to put him in the lineup wek 14 for the playoffs? He probably won't even be used to getting hit or cutting hard and suck for a few weeks before he's ready to play in January when we're all done with our seasons.

I had a roster spot open, and after waivers passed this morning I grabbed Burleson. After work today I was playing around and saw Dobson was still available. Either one is a bench player for me as I have Jordy, V. Jax, Allen & Cooper. Both are the wr2's on their respective teams, and Dobson is probably the 3rd option for Brady. So I dug a little deeper, and it looks like Burleson actually has a better schedule. What do you guys think? Would you really have Dobson over Burleson?

Dobson: @ Car, Den, @ Hou, Cle, @ Mia, @ Bal

Burleson: @Pit, TB, GB, @Phi, Bal, NYG

I think Burleson has the edge. Opinions?

TD adverse. Too many redzone options in DET. Good for probably 60 - 80 yards a game.

Claiming PPR gold might be pushing it.

Crabtrees qb cant throw for shlt so I wouldnt count on him. Plus Crabtree is overrated anyway.

If you honestly need another wr to count on for your playoff run, Burleson is a solid pickup. I had him rostered at one point, but he will never see the starting lineup on my team anyway.

I think ppr gold is possible, though not likely. He hasnt had too many stand out games since Stafford got healthy.

I picked up Crabtree in my keeper league only because we can keep waiver adds for an 8th round pick and I think he'll be worth hanging onto for next year. I'm not expecting to put him in my lineup this year. If he starts playing in the next couple weeks and is productive, that's just a bonus.

FWIW, last I checked on rotoworld he has been practicing but is still wearing a non-contact jersey.