Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Stevan Ridley vs Carolina Defense Monday Night. Start him?

So you will have Vereen coming back too. That means there is Ridley, Bolden, Blount and Vereen.

Then there is the thinking that it might be a low scoring game and he is going against that Carolina Defense.

Do you still start Ridley if you have someone like Ellington sitting on the bench?

I would not worry too much about Vereen this week--it's not a given that he's even playing , and even if he does play he'll probably be worked back in slowly. Plus their roles are pretty different as long as Ridley's not fumbling his job away.

However the Carolina run D is no joke. If I had Ridley I'd probably sit him if I had any other decent options. He may get a TD but I don't foresee a lot of rushing yards.

• Like 1

I guess I'm leaning towards sitting him. It's so nice to have a good player going Monday night though. Thanks for the input.

He'll likely have to have a short TD to be viable. Dicey but doable.

• Like 1

So you will have Vereen coming back too. That means there is Ridley, Bolden, Blount and Vereen.

Then there is the thinking that it might be a low scoring game and he is going against that Carolina Defense.

Do you still start Ridley if you have someone like Ellington sitting on the bench?

bench

• Like 1

Vereen or 'dre Brown ... soon to be answered.

It's interesting, in my league .... both were drafted before they got hurt, and neither has been available on the waiver wire all year. I drafted Brown and never waived him and the Vereen owner never waived him.

I'd rather have Brown.

• Like 1

He's so hot right now I hate to bench him, but the Carolina D is playing scary well right now. I'm starting Ellington and Ivory.

Agreed, thinking of sitting him for Duke Ellington as well

• Like 1

for me the choice is between Ridley and CJ Spiller.... I'm torn.

tough one....

Carolina is probably as good as advertised but as a Jets homer the Jets might have the best D line in the league. They are very good run stoppers.

I missed the Donald Brown boat so I'm looking at Ridley, M. Floyd or M. Brown as a PPR flex.

Open to suggestions.

Floyd is questionable and Roberts did a good job spelling him, so I wouldn't start him. I'd probably go with Ridley in that group and hope for a TD or two. Roberts is an interesting flyer to monitor up to game time though.

I'm going with Morris and Tate over Ridley; unfortunately I already started Hilton as my flex (non-PPR). :wall:

Vereen opens up the screen passing game, which the Pats have lacked.

Blount and Bolden take away the goal line options.

Josh McDaniels will throw the ball 800 times despite the awesome pass rush of the Panthers.

Avoid Ridley like a herpe infested vaghole.

• Like 1

Sucks bro. Spiller and RIdley were my top two picks. Luckily my team was bad enough earlier in the year to acquire a little more RB depth and give me options.

I'd go Ridley. Spiller tweaked his ankle again.

Sucks bro. Spiller and RIdley were my top two picks. Luckily my team was bad enough earlier in the year to acquire a little more RB depth and give me options.

I'd go Ridley. Spiller tweaked his ankle again.

Not to mention every coach in Buffalo seems to think Spiller is a dooshnozzle and won't play him over Fred Jackson. I'm getting the impression Spiller has some sort of personal problem...unrelated to the football field. I thought, at first, Chan Gailey just didn't know how to use him but after seeing Marrone give him the cold shoulder this season, I'm thinking it's all on Spiller being a c0ckhead.

Not to mention every coach in Buffalo seems to think Spiller is a dooshnozzle and won't play him over Fred Jackson. I'm getting the impression Spiller has some sort of personal problem...unrelated to the football field. I thought, at first, Chan Gailey just didn't know how to use him but after seeing Marrone give him the cold shoulder this season, I'm thinking it's all on Spiller being a c0ckhead.

Could be. Or it could just be Jackson is so likable and such a leader he just outshines Spiller. FJax was Gailey's boy and he's endeared himself to Marrone's staff too. Dude has had a very underrated career.

Could be. Or it could just be Jackson is so likable and such a leader he just outshines Spiller. FJax was Gailey's boy and he's endeared himself to Marrone's staff too. Dude has had a very underrated career.

Character guy until the CTE scans reveal his brain is mush, he shows up and smacks Spiller in the face with his Whizzinator, and throws a baby seal into a tailgator's turkey deep fryer.

Vereen opens up the screen passing game, which the Pats have lacked.

Blount and Bolden take away the goal line options.

Josh McDaniels will throw the ball 800 times despite the awesome pass rush of the Panthers.

Avoid Ridley like a herpe infested vaghole.

This coming from the guy who boinked nik...oh wait, this isn't the Geek Club.

This coming from the guy who bounced nik...oh wait, this isn't the Geek Club.

Touche.