Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Glennon > RGIII as an NFL QB. RGIII > Everyone as a D-Bag

I am so sick of this guy. I shouldn't have drafted him. I hate starting him every week. I should have done my own "Operation Patience" and grabbed Romo a few rounds later.

Everyone (including his teammates) knows that RGIII is an immature, egomaniacal, passive-aggressive, delusional weirdo who has gotten AWFUL marketing advice over the last year. But I just heard a report on NFL Network that RGIII went to Redskins ownership to ask that the coaching staff not put his "bad" plays up in the film room. Really?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24275315/report-rg3-asked-coaches-to-stop-showing-negative-plays-on-film

That's Jonathan Martin-level poosay behavior.

So ok, he's a tool. But as a player? NFL Films Greg Cosell, who watches a crapload of film, recently said this:

“Mike Glennon is so far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback that it's not even close,” Cosell said during an appearance on 98.7 The Fan in Tampa Bay. ”They shouldn't even be in the same discussion.”

Three #1 picks for this tool? I wouldn't trade three 5-dollar footlong Subway sandwiches at this point.

There's a lot of this going around lately.

DC has a franchise culture that starts with their lousy owner and that affects everything. And they have fans with ridiculous expectations.

10-6 and in the playoffs? Griffin is great, a smart, character guy, team leader with amazing skills. But 7-9 or so and the Skins miss the playoffs with a dreadful defense? Oh yeah he's just a terrible egomaniac.

There's a lot of this going around lately.

DC has a franchise culture that starts with their lousy owner and that affects everything. And they have fans with ridiculous expectations.

10-6 and in the playoffs? Griffin is great, a smart, character guy, team leader with amazing skills. But 7-9 or so and the Skins miss the playoffs with a dreadful defense? Oh yeah he's just a terrible egomaniac.

Sorry homes, I'm not a Redskins fan, and though I'm a New Yorker, I could give two cr@ps about what happens in the NFC East. He's on one of my fantasy teams, but so what. I have no dog in the fight. The guy is just a tool and a goof, and anyone who has observed his behavior since his knee injury would have to concur on some level. This latest thing about requesting coaches not show his "bad plays" in the film room is pathetic.

As far as his playing ability, I don't think Cosell is speaking as a Redskins fan or a DC homer. He watches the film and lends credence to what a lot of people are feeling: RG3 stinks.

So goes another 'Athletic QB'.

Their skillset is two dimensional and against complex defensive schemes, they suffer greatly.

Had the Patriots not been depleted in their secondary versus Carolina Monday night, Cam wouldn't have looked half as good as he did.

Teams will continue drafting these guys because they're mainly about putting people in the seats and selling jerseys.

Tebow blew even worse yet his jerseys flew off the shelves. Consumers are pretty focking stupid in rating QBs.

Can u guys please stop, Wilson is in a bye so I'm starting RG3 and need a big miracle game out of him ok?

How'd that turn out?

i have this completely kick ass team that's being held hostage by RGIII and his incomparable level of suckitude. I'm now forced to consider the unholy triumvirate of Fitzgerald/McCown/Glennon to save my season. :doh:

You have to wonder if the Bills aren't regretting screwing over Glennon on draft day. Manuel hasn't looked special in any way and Glennon has shown poise in the pocket, and went MUCH later. lol Karma? Up until they announced Manuel as their selection, everyone, including Glennon, thought he would be a Bill and throwing for his old college coach. It's still early, but Glennon looks like the real deal and Marrone has a bit of egg on his face. Cosell isn't the only person saying Glennon looks like a true pocket passer in the mold of an Aikman-esque QB. The former head scout of the Rams was on ESPN and said he wanted the Rams to take Glennon in the 2nd round, but they didn't feel it was necessary with Bradford already on board. Swing and a miss.....

This, and they have a terrible coach in Mike Shanahan. I live in the Redskins market, but am not a fan. I don't dislike them, but I'm not a fan.

RGIII's days as a running QB are over. He and the Skins need to face that fact and either turn him into a pocket passer or get someone else at QB.

What impressed me most about Glennon was the fact that early on this season, even as he took his lumps, the kid was slinging it down field. Watching him this past week in Detroit just heightened my level of contempt for pure check down passers like Ponder, Gabbert and all the other plumbers.

Credit Schiano for seeing something in this kid and sticking with him early. He could end up flopping, but his solid under the radar approach will serve him well.

You have to wonder if the Bills aren't regretting screwing over Glennon on draft day. Manuel hasn't looked special in any way and Glennon has shown poise in the pocket, and went MUCH later. lol Karma? Up until they announced Manuel as their selection, everyone, including Glennon, thought he would be a Bill and throwing for his old college coach.

That would be a terriffic theory and possibly even hold a grain of truth if Glennon had played for Marrone in college and you didn't have it entirely wrong. Glennon= NC State Marrone=Syracuse

Ryan Nassib played at Syracuse for Marrone. Tearing it up for the Giants.

RGIII's days as a running QB are over.

This. Dunno if it's the knee, coaching or confidence (or a combination of the three)... but RGIII looks straight up SLOW and indecisive. Not good for a "running QB".

This. Dunno if it's the knee, coaching or confidence (or a combination of the three)... but RGIII looks straight up SLOW and indecisive. Not good for a "running QB".

He looks even worse trying to pass the ball. The guy is straight garbage.

It doesn't appear he trusts the knee. It's not quite as pronounced as it was earlier, but he's not driving through with his throws.It's also obvious whenever he leaves the pocket.

It appears he's also figured out that those hits hurt a lot more, and come more frequently, in the NFL. I've seen too many instances where he veered to the sidelines rather than risk getting touched. One last night that cost a first down when the game was still a game. Sprinter's build. He's not going to absorb hits long term. Yes, you want your QB to protect himself, but when he can't pick up plays that Nick Foles can, there's a big problem.

As a straight, drop back passer he's never going to make it. What has made him special at every level is his athleticism, coupled with enough skill throwing the ball to make him a nightmare to defend. Standing there, a bit undersized, he doesn't scare anybody.

The old adage was that it takes a player a full season before he's really back from a knee injury. People seem to have thrown that out the window because of what ADP did last year, but I think that was an exception mostly owed to ADP's truly freakish nature.

So maybe RGIII comes back looking a lot better next year. My concern though is that he needs to be a viable pocket passer too and we certainly haven't seen that this year.

The old adage was that it takes a player a full season before he's really back from a knee injury. People seem to have thrown that out the window because of what ADP did last year, but I think that was an exception mostly owed to ADP's truly freakish nature.

So maybe RGIII comes back looking a lot better next year. My concern though is that he needs to be a viable pocket passer too and we certainly haven't seen that this year.

You are right - you can come back from these injuries and still be in a condition to play, but you are not really at 100%. These types of QBs are just not effective if they are playing at less than 100%. In football most players have to play hurt at some point, and these guys' game just degrades far too much when they are in that position. Add in the significant fact that their style of game exposes them to more hits and its not a great situation for a franchise game who you would ideally want to play every offensive down of every game. None of this is new of course, Same thing happened to Vick who still looks like amazing when he is completely healthy.

The thing was that last year he was a very effective pocket passer. He had good accuracy and most of the time looked great back there. But at that point in time he had the threat of the run and the defense had to defend that. Especially the pass rushers who had to play contain all game rather than doing all the crazy things they typically do in order to collapse the pocket and get to the QB. When most of the defensive players are playing half a step slow in order to keep an eye on you just in case you decide to break off a run and take it to the house, it makes everything else much easier.

Maybe the skins can trade their entire 2014 draft for Johnny Football and put RG3 at WR

Maybe the skins can trade their entire 2014 draft for Johnny Football and put RG3 at WR

Another guy whose body won't hold up.

Rg3 does seem still bothered by his repaired knee. But also there's a real concern for any running style qb for increased chances of getting injured. There's a reason you don't see any old/veteran running qb's. Because they just don't last. Cam Newton seems like a possible exception so far he seems way more durable then the other running qb's in the league. But the trend of Panthers and Colts coaching staffs trying to limit the amount of qb run plays called is something all teams will go with.

Too much talk about the knee and his skill set as a Quarterback. More bashing him for beig a D-bag. Thanks.

You are right - you can come back from these injuries and still be in a condition to play, but you are not really at 100%. These types of QBs are just not effective if they are playing at less than 100%. In football most players have to play hurt at some point, and these guys' game just degrades far too much when they are in that position. Add in the significant fact that their style of game exposes them to more hits and its not a great situation for a franchise game who you would ideally want to play every offensive down of every game. None of this is new of course, Same thing happened to Vick who still looks like amazing when he is completely healthy.

The thing was that last year he was a very effective pocket passer. He had good accuracy and most of the time looked great back there. But at that point in time he had the threat of the run and the defense had to defend that. Especially the pass rushers who had to play contain all game rather than doing all the crazy things they typically do in order to collapse the pocket and get to the QB. When most of the defensive players are playing half a step slow in order to keep an eye on you just in case you decide to break off a run and take it to the house, it makes everything else much easier.

I've heard speculation too that the knee injury has messed with RGIII's mechanics as well, as far as stepping into throws and all that. Don't know if it's true but it could help explain the huge drop off from last year.