Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

Matt Flynn and the Packers this week

So what do you all think about Matt Flynn as a spot start this week for those that need a QB? The last time he started for GB was against the same Lions in Week 17 2011 and he preceded to throw 6 TD's and 480 yards in a 48-41 victory. In that game Jordy Nelson had a 9/162/3 line. What are the odds of another big game this time?

I will probably throw the two of them into a game at FanDuel just in case.

Well the GB team he's playing for now compared to then is drastically worse and you'd have to think some of the Lions are very tired of hearing about letting him of all people have that kind of game against them.

That said.............the Lions D still sucks and with Stafford back to giving the ball away often, I'm thinking Flynn should have a pretty good game. But 250 yds. and 2 TD's is the best you could hope for.

I think I'm benching Jordy. I have Jeffrey and Allen instead. I always seem to pick wrong though.

I am a Lions homer, and there is no way in HELL that I would sit Jordy Nelson, especially with Chris Houston likely to miss the game. I would go with Nelson and Jeffrey, Allen to the bench for a week.

Yeah, didn't he throw for like 7 TD's the last time they played? What the heck....I may throw him in there.

Well the GB team he's playing for now compared to then is drastically worse and you'd have to think some of the Lions are very tired of hearing about letting him of all people have that kind of game against them.

That said.............the Lions D still sucks and with Stafford back to giving the ball away often, I'm thinking Flynn should have a pretty good game. But 250 yds. and 2 TD's is the best you could hope for.

Actually, the Packers team isn't drastically worse than that year. They're a Rodgers away from competing for the superbowl. The year they won they had just as many key injuries but overcame them because of how sick Rodgers played during that run. Packers, Giants, Ravens are the last 3 winners and we're all left for dead at least one point in the their respective seasons. All three got hot at the right time and won.. The Superbowl champion is no longer the best team like in the past. Don't count out Green Bay, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

and why would 2td's be the best we could hope for? Will Flynn stop throwing after the 2nd?

Actually, the Packers team isn't drastically worse than that year. They're a Rodgers away from competing for the superbowl. The year they won they had just as many key injuries but overcame them because of how sick Rodgers played during that run. Packers, Giants, Ravens are the last 3 winners and we're all left for dead at least one point in the their respective seasons. All three got hot at the right time and won.. The Superbowl champion is no longer the best team like in the past. Don't count out Green Bay, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

and why would 2td's be the best we could hope for? Will Flynn stop throwing after the 2nd?

The Packers were 15-1 that year coming off the Superbowl win. Kinda dumb if you think this year's team is anywhere near as good as that. Nice info on past Superbowl winners and true........but I have no idea how it pertains to Flynn.

GB managed one TD pass in 5 qtrs at home against a terrible Vikings defense. Expecting Flynn, cut by the focking Raiders and Bills this year, to step in on a short week and have another career game is asking a lot. Also because you have to think GB is going to try and pound Lacy all game to keep the ball away from the Lions. Packers D has been getting torched lately.

The defense is pretty much way worse. Which does affect the offense to an extent.

They are not forcing turnovers very often...which hurts the offensive production.

I still think Flynn is a nice start and saying 2 TDs is the best they can hope for seems an odd statement. I think 250-1 or 2 is a lock.

Lacy will get his though.

The Packers were 15-1 that year coming off the Superbowl win. Kinda dumb if you think this year's team is anywhere near as good as that. Nice info on past Superbowl winners and true........but I have no idea how it pertains to Flynn.

GB managed one TD pass in 5 qtrs at home against a terrible Vikings defense. Expecting Flynn, cut by the focking Raiders and Bills this year, to step in on a short week and have another career game is asking a lot. Also because you have to think GB is going to try and pound Lacy all game to keep the ball away from the Lions. Packers D has been getting torched lately.

And that one was by Flynn who came in the game quite late.

The defense is pretty much way worse. Which does affect the offense to an extent.

They are not forcing turnovers very often...which hurts the offensive production.

I still think Flynn is a nice start and saying 2 TDs is the best they can hope for seems an odd statement. I think 250-1 or 2 is a lock.

Lacy will get his though.

As bad as my Lions looked last week... they are going to torch the Pack.

I agree that GB is not the GB of a couple yrs ago and Flynn won't be given a chance to get in a groove this time... all those linemen will be throwing him off balance enough so that we don't have to count on the Detroit secondary (non-existent by the way).

With all that above I say it is a battle for the Detroit offense to win.

Stafford

Megatron/Burleson

Bush/Bell

TEs will also do their part

After that ridiculous display last week... Stafford gets back on track and focused this week to beat GB on Turkey Day!

My prediction: Detroit 31 GB 24

:pointstosky: The Capn'

I would have rather seen the Pack run the ball on 3rd and goal in overtime last week, than put the game in Flynn's hands.

And that one was by Flynn who came in the game quite late.

He came in middle of the 3rd qtr. He did have 36 pass attempts which is pretty close to as many as you could expect for full game going forward. Rodgers high this year was 43.

I think there are better and safer available/cheap QB options this week. A.Smith, Fitzpatrick, McCown, Palmer, Eli, etc. than trusting Flynn to recapture the magic of that one game.

Your idiot lineman calling out the Lions D may not be the brightest idea going into the game either. :dunno:

I wouldn't bench Jordy unless your other options are pretty amazing.

I also wouldn't play Flynn unless your other options are pretty terrible. I'm sure they will attempt to control the clock in this game, but a lot how things turn out will depend on Detroit's success early on.

I would have rather seen the Pack run the ball on 3rd and goal in overtime last week, than put the game in Flynn's hands.

McCarthy says he thought about it...and said it would have prompted him to possibly go for it on 4th too.

I too thought they should have.

But then when you go back and watch...I think they had some single coverage on Nelson there and they went with that play call based on the personnel.

He came in middle of the 3rd qtr. He did have 36 pass attempts which is pretty close to as many as you could expect for full game going forward. Rodgers high this year was 43.

I think there are better and safer available/cheap QB options this week. A.Smith, Fitzpatrick, McCown, Palmer, Eli, etc. than trusting Flynn to recapture the magic of that one game.

Your idiot lineman calling out the Lions D may not be the brightest idea going into the game either. :dunno:

True...dumb comments.

And he had that many pass attempts sure and went for what? 218 and a score.

On week where he just basially got into town...got very few first team reps.

Now he has been back over a week...getting 1st team reps.

250-2 should not come hard...but would agree anyone expecting what he did a few years ago is stupid.

yeah wtf was that you dont normally have some players coming out and calling a coach a d1ck and I wouldnt play for him

So what do you all think about Matt Flynn as a spot start this week for those that need a QB? The last time he started for GB was against the same Lions in Week 17 2011 and he preceded to throw 6 TD's and 480 yards in a 48-41 victory. In that game Jordy Nelson had a 9/162/3 line. What are the odds of another big game this time?

I will probably throw the two of them into a game at FanDuel just in case.

How can you trust a guy who wasn't even wanted in buffalo and Oakland?

Or he will suck completely.....Capn...you were way too conservative with how badly you all would torch us.

That pencil neck goober I had him in all 6 of my fan duel games & couldn't even get one point :(