Sign in to follow this  
kobe808lak

Championship game Defense?

Pick it:

Panthers home vs Saints

Browns at Jets

Lions home vs Giants

Probably leaning towards the Browns but not sure. What you guys think?

Can't trust the Panthers vs Saints, even though it's at at Carolina. Week 14 Brees hung 4 TD's on them.

Great match-up of Browns D vs. Jets, still a little iffy because Jets are at home…

I luv the match-up of Lions at home vs. the Giants. Giants are really a mess right now, now without Cruz, and Eli has sunk to new lows...

For the championship match, I dropped the Panthers D. and V. Cruz, and added the Browns and Lions D.

I am leaning going with the Detroit D. This is a must win situation for Detroit.

St. Louis is a good pick up too if people dropped them last week vs NO.

For some reason, I just can't trust the Lions, it looks like they are close to collapsing. With Baltimore beating them on the final minute, the players might be losing it. For the Giants, they just got shut out, they are playing for some pride right now.

Semi-finals for me: 1 league I've got K.C. hosting Indy (with Miami standing by for Week 17)

other league I'm rolling with Detroit hosting the Giants (Miami as well for Week 17)

St. Louis is a good pick up too if people dropped them last week vs NO.

For some reason, I just can't trust the Lions, it looks like they are close to collapsing. With Baltimore beating them on the final minute, the players might be losing it. For the Giants, they just got shut out, they are playing for some pride right now.

I imagine they have been playing for pride for a few weeks and look how that has worked out. The lions D line will dictate Eli has to throw. With that should come some points.

How do people feel about Cincy at home vs. Minn compared to Lions vs. Giants?

Minny scares me especially if ADP is healthy

What about Miami against the Bills? EJ Manuel and Stevie Johnson are both already ruled out. Thad Lewis will start for the Bills.

• Like 1

What about Miami against the Bills? EJ Manuel and Stevie Johnson are both already ruled out. Thad Lewis will start for the Bills.

Good info. Only problem is, Buffalo seem to be a lot better at home. I think there are better match ups

Look up Lewis's starts at home and go from there if you really want to play them.

Miami is my 3rd option still available on FA.

I was thinking Lions vs. Giants, or Browns vs. Jets.

It sounds like Haden may be out this week for the Browns, and if that is the case, I would knock down the Browns fantasy rating a little…

Anyone think that the Browns without Haden is a deal-breaker this week?

Carolina vs NO or SD vs Oak?

I know its in Carolina, but based on what the Saints did in week 14 vs. the Panthers, I would stay away from that.

The Chargers looked good last week against the mighty Peyton, but it was still a very low FF scoring outing. Their D seems quite hit or miss.

If I had to choose between those 2, I would probably go with the Chargers. Nothing else on waivers?

I grabbed the Broncos a few weeks ago for this game. I dropped the Panthers as I don't like the matchup even though they are at home and New Orleans is not the same in the road.

BUF @ home vs MIA.

Rain projected thru the weekend and snow on Monday. Bills will be more comfortable in the cold than the dolphins - hoping for some defensive TDs.

Going with Detroit's D/ST against Eli makes total sense. So why is my brain refusing to allow my finger to click on the little button, bench the Carolina D/ST for the first time this season, and give the Lions the start? The Saints give up the fourth fewest points to D/STs. The Giants give up the most points. Eli will likely have to be heavily sedated just to make it through the coin toss after what happened to him last week. Drew Brees is still Drew Effin' Brees, and it's not hard to imagine him going off. Eli is still Eli, and it's not hard to imagine him going off. To be alone and cry. Detroit is at home. Which is where Eli would rather be. In his jammies. Detroit's monster front four has a reason to play. Eli has a reason to pray.

Sorry, Panthers. It's been a great ride. But this week it's Detroit. Nothing personal.

Wanted the Browns but I didn't realize Haden was iffy - does anyone have an update on that..

Might be Detroit for me if he is out..

Thanks for the replies.

Going with Detroit's D/ST against Eli makes total sense. So why is my brain refusing to allow my finger to click on the little button, bench the Carolina D/ST for the first time this season, and give the Lions the start? The Saints give up the fourth fewest points to D/STs. The Giants give up the most points. Eli will likely have to be heavily sedated just to make it through the coin toss after what happened to him last week. Drew Brees is still Drew Effin' Brees, and it's not hard to imagine him going off. Eli is still Eli, and it's not hard to imagine him going off. To be alone and cry. Detroit is at home. Which is where Eli would rather be. In his jammies. Detroit's monster front four has a reason to play. Eli has a reason to pray.

Sorry, Panthers. It's been a great ride. But this week it's Detroit. Nothing personal.

Do you want to play Drew Brees or Eli?

It's not really a question, is it.

How do people feel about Cincy at home vs. Minn compared to Lions vs. Giants?

Minny scares me especially if ADP is healthy

I have to roll with Cincinnati as my only other choices were the Bears or Baltimore. Fingers crossed. They've done well producing fantasy points most of the season and they should be fired up this weekend.

Do you want to play Drew Brees or Eli?

It's not really a question, is it.

Hey, when you slip into the playoffs through the side door as the last seed, win your semi-final game by a margin of nothing, bad juju is everywhere. Right next to all the "what ifs." I might still be making lineup changes up until 1 p.m. Sunday based on the predicted relative humidity at gametime. But no, wasn't really a question. Just needed to cipher it out and stir me up a little Detroit mojo. Beats sacrificing a chicken.

• Like 1

I picked up the Lions and I also picked up the Rams defense. I think both of these defenses will be solid to great starts this week.

Right now I have the Rams in, but the Lions are who I feel strongly about starting. The Lions really need this game and the Giants o-line is not in sync right now.They lose Cruze at wr and even if the Giants score a few points, Eli will be sacked enough and will throw a pick or 2 with a possible fumble return thrown in. 31-13 Detroit. Double digit fantasy points for the Lions defense.

Tampa is @ the Rams and I think I have decided to start the Rams def and hope that Robert Quinn can force more fumbles and get more sacks.

How do you think the Tampa offense will do vs the Rams defense? It's a gut feeling that I have had for a few days now even though I recently picked up the Lions. Rams are the 1 pm game and the Lions are the 4 pm game. I usually like the later games, but I like the Rams defense this week. Ugggg!!!

Tampa is @ the Rams and I think I have decided to start the Rams def and hope that Robert Quinn can force more fumbles and get more sacks.

How do you think the Tampa offense will do vs the Rams defense? It's a gut feeling that I have had for a few days now even though I recently picked up the Lions. Rams are the 1 pm game and the Lions are the 4 pm game. I usually like the later games, but I like the Rams defense this week. Ugggg!!!

I would go with the Lions over the Rams - Eli and Giants are REALLY bad, and Lions have to win to stay alive in the hunt...

Slim picking in the league where I stream defenses. Lions and Rams not available in my league. I don't really like to play defenses on the road, but I picked up the Dolphins. Thought about the Browns, but I don't know if I trust them on the road even against the Jets. I may wind up dropping the Phins for the Chargers, and I am even considering playing the Jaguars at home vs the Titans. Fitzpatrick is usually good for some turnovers. I probably won't decide until 12:55 on Sunday, and even then I'll make the wrong choice for sure lol.

I know its in Carolina, but based on what the Saints did in week 14 vs. the Panthers, I would stay away from that.

The Chargers looked good last week against the mighty Peyton, but it was still a very low FF scoring outing. Their D seems quite hit or miss.

If I had to choose between those 2, I would probably go with the Chargers. Nothing else on waivers?

I have the chargers in now. Carolina's 1 point against NOs last time scares me and I have to think they step up their game after last week vs the Rams....but if the rams d can have a nice fantasy output against the saints maybe the panthers can too.

The chargers d isn't great but maybe mcgloin turns it over a few times or it's a blowout with a special teams td or something.

Wire options-

Jax vs tenn

Pitt @ gb if Rogers is out

Jets vs Cleveland

This is my biggest decesion for the week.

I have the chargers in now. Carolina's 1 point against NOs last time scares me and I have to think they step up their game after last week vs the Rams....but if the rams d can have a nice fantasy output against the saints maybe the panthers can too.

The chargers d isn't great but maybe mcgloin turns it over a few times or it's a blowout with a special teams td or something.

Wire options-

Jax vs tenn

Pitt @ gb if Rogers is out

Jets vs Cleveland

This is my biggest decesion for the week.

I would stick with the Chargers vs. Oakland over any of the waiver options you listed.

The Chargers are well rested after a Thur. night game, and that gives them extra time to game plan.

McLoin will be good for several picks, and as you stated, a special teams TD would not be out of the question...

The Chargers will be very motivated Vying for the AFC's sixth seed, and staying in the playoff hunt - Oakland is done.

I am going with the Jets. Cameron out, no Clev RB to speak of. There is Gordon, but if weather is crappy he could struggle. Defensive point breaks are 20 (0 A), 15(1-7 PA), 10(8-14 PA), 5(15-21 PA), 0 (Over 21 PA) in my league so points against is more important than turnovers and such.

Anyone trust Pitt playing in snow against GB? I'm starting to think I might want to roll them instead of Carolina or SD.

Teams against GB last couple weeks

Dallas 0 points-that D blows

Atlanta @ GB- 15 points

Detroit 22 points

Minn @ GB 2 points

NYG 16 points

Philly @ GB 9 points

Kind of up and down but GB without Rodgers seems to be giving it up.

Pitt last couple weeks.

Buf Final (W) 23-10 9.00

Det Final (W) 37-27 8.00

@Cle Final (W) 27-11 23.00

@Bal Final (L) 22-20 2.00

Mia Final (L) 34-28 9.00

Cin Final (W) 30-20 10.00

You thought this out beautifully. I hope you are right.

Anyone trust Pitt playing in snow against GB? I'm starting to think I might want to roll them instead of Carolina or SD.

Teams against GB last couple weeks

Dallas 0 points-that D blows

Atlanta @ GB- 15 points

Detroit 22 points

Minn @ GB 2 points

NYG 16 points

Philly @ GB 9 points

Kind of up and down but GB without Rodgers seems to be giving it up.

Pitt last couple weeks.

Buf Final (W) 23-10 9.00

Det Final (W) 37-27 8.00

@Cle Final (W) 27-11 23.00

@Bal Final (L) 22-20 2.00

Mia Final (L) 34-28 9.00

Cin Final (W) 30-20 10.00

I think that if its snowing, which it is supposed to do, GB will pound it with Lacy, and my guess is with success.

GB has not thrown in the towel yet - Rodgers would go if the Doc would clear him, but the doc has final say.

If the game were at the Steelers, then maybe, but I don't think that the Steeler D will come up big in GB. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going with my 49ers defense who I drafted at the beginning. They've lead me to the Championship and playing the final game in Candlestick on Monday night, they will be pumped up. I can see points coming from sacks and turnovers!

Rams all the way for me. I like their match up a lot. It is tempting to start the Lions defense vs a bad Giants team, but even when the Rams give up points their defense is always in the positive and not the negative. The Lions have had 2 negative weeks. They had two 1 point weeks and one 2 point week. The Rams had 3 Two point weeks in a row way back in weeks 2, 3, and 4. They have been fine ever since. Rams it is!!

Still figuring this out. Appreciate the responses again Krusi!

Panthers scoring outputs at home this year in my league. All leagues are different especially for DSTS.

Seattle 8

Giants 23

St Louis 20

Atlanta 19

NE 7

TB 16

NY Jets 15

NO ??

Should I really move away from Carolina to try SD? Carolina has 163 points on the year. SD has 82.

I'm debating stick with the better D at home again...despite the 1 point they just put up on the road vs the Saints. SD hit a high mark of 9 vs the Giants but they have been a 4 or 5 point D weekly in my league.