Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Lefties and righties

The righties tend to gravitate to people who are driven by a quest for money.

The lefties tend to gravitate to people who are driven by a quest for power.

For some stupid reason in slowpitch softball, lefties get their batting side announced by like half the defense when they step in the box.

"You mean he's left-handed? Thanks, cause i couldnt see that myself."

I always had a natural curve on my fastball...

For some stupid reason in slowpitch softball, lefties get their batting side announced by like half the defense when they step in the box.

Here comes a Hook!@#! :outfieldshifts:

I always had a natural curve on my fastball...

Then stop gripping with the seams.

Lefties look funny when they write

Its like they are trying to write upside down. :lol:

Lefties have prettier baseball swings

Righties play third base

I wasn't allowed to play SS in little league bc i was left handed... even though i would have been a better option than the RH they used. 1B and P. I never understood it.

My political stance is Republican but I....actually....ummmmm....lean a little bit to the left. If you know what I mean.

Then stop gripping with the seams.

it was a huge benefit.

In many countries people eat with their right hand and wipe their asses with their left. Thus the left hand is "unclean"

HOOK!!

Speaking of which, is the fact that you are right handed or left handed, is it nature or nurture? By that is it innate or do little kids just do what mommy and daddy do. I have small kids and I've often wondered. While eating I notice my kids mimicking what I'm doing with my fork, or throwing a ball.

Are we all ambidextrous at birth and then just learn one side by happenstance or by doing what we see? Or is it really some sort of genetic trait if you will?

It was fun to come up to bat right-handed and then after letting the first pitch go by to switch over to a lefty...

It was fun to come up to bat right-handed and then after letting the first pitch go by to switch over to a lefty...

When i was pitching and guys did this I used to say something like "This clown is trying to prove he can make outs from both sides of the plate."

When i was pitching and guys did this I used to say something like "This clown is trying to prove he can make outs from both sides of the plate."

I would hit right-handed for power, but if I wanted to make sure to get a hit I would hit left-handed... I didn't have the pop left handed so I would hit more line drives instead of fly balls...

Speaking of which, is the fact that you are right handed or left handed, is it nature or nurture? By that is it innate or do little kids just do what mommy and daddy do. I have small kids and I've often wondered. While eating I notice my kids mimicking what I'm doing with my fork, or throwing a ball.

Are we all ambidextrous at birth and then just learn one side by happenstance or by doing what we see? Or is it really some sort of genetic trait if you will?

I think it's mostly innate but can be influenced. My oldest is about half ambidextrous. She writes left handed, eats left handed, etc. She looks like a monkey humping a football when she tries to use scissors right handed. But she plays all her sports right handed. My wife claims she tried to throw left handed when she was little but says I made her throw right handed. I don't remember that and find it hard to believe because I would have loved to have a lefty softball/basketball player. But maybe I did. :dunno: I know I sure as sh!t never discouraged her from shooting a basketball left handed.

Why is that "fun"? Did the outfielders get stuck in quicksand after the first pitch?

Why is that "fun"? Did the outfielders get stuck in quicksand after the first pitch?

They had to walk about five steps to the left. When your life is as boring as posty's, that's fun. :dunno:

To watch them shift and shift and shift... Even better to go up left-handed and get the switch, then after the first pitch, go to the right-handed box (but don't get in)... Then after they switch, cross the plate and hit left again... Then drive it to left field down the line...

Oh good times, good times...

They had to walk about five steps to the left. When your life is as boring as posty's, that's fun. ;dunno:

Newbie was too busy pumping his male friends to understand...

BTW, nice semicolon...

Newbie was too busy pumping his male friends to understand...

BTW, nice semicolon...

You never once switched back and forth in the middle of an at bat. I played high-level slow pitch softball for about 20 years. Played in five different states. Never once saw anyone do that. If they had, not only would the other team want to kick his ass, his own teammates would have too. And you're a wimp, so you would have NEVER done it. The catcher would have called you an ass hole and grabbed you by the throat.

You never once switched back and forth in the middle of an at bat. I played high-level slow pitch softball for about 20 years. Played in five different states. Never once saw anyone do that. If they had, not only would the other team want to kick his ###### ass, his own teammates would have too. And you're a wimp, so you would have NEVER done it. The catcher would have called you an ass hole and grabbed you by the throat.

LOL... You are funny when you are trying to be "tough internet guy"...

My brother is left handed. He started using utensils with his left hand at a young age. I tried making him use his right but he would just switch back.

I have heard forcing kids to use the hand that doesnt come naturally can have a negative impact on the brain. Too lazy to find out if this is accurate.

They had to walk about five steps to the left. When your life is as boring as posty's, that's fun. :dunno:

This was my thought. Don't you usually have four outfielders in slow pitch? Just how big are these shifts?

This was my thought. Don't you usually have four outfielders in slow pitch? Just how big are these shifts?

Depends on the league... Some I played in had three outfielders, others had four...

Both of my kids are left handed, although one bats and writes right-handed. I throw and write right-handed, but bat lefty.

When I coach, there are plenty of parents who tell their kid that they are on the wrong side of the plate. I usually just tell the kid to go where he feels comfortable and try that. You have plenty of time to switch. I think that batting is more driven by your dominant eye than your dominant hand. :dunno:

lol posty is a focking retard. Have you learned anything new today?

How many times did you get ear-holed? Even in slow-pitch, I think that the umpire and other team would look the other way if the pitcher went fast-pitch and put one under your chin after doing that.

How many times did you get ear-holed? Even in slow-pitch, I think that the umpire and other team would look the other way if the pitcher went fast-pitch and put one under your chin after doing that.

Never... Whatever it took to get on base...

He's a focking liar. Or else he played co-ed church league. A competitive team in a good league would have broke his nose the first time he ever pulled that amateur crap.

Another reason to play fast-pitch; ear-holing jagoffs. :thumbsup:

He's a focking liar. Or else he played co-ed church league. A competitive team in a good league would have broke his nose the first time he ever pulled that amateur crap.

LOL @ "internet tough guy" again... Wow, scary...

I played in all types of leagues (super competitive, relaxed, co-ed) and never once had a complaint...

But apparently you know my life better than me, go ahead and keep trying...

LOL @ "internet tough guy" again... Wow, scary...

I played in all types of leagues (super competitive, relaxed, co-ed) and never once had a complaint...

But apparently you know my life better than me, go ahead and keep trying...

You never did that. Hat's all I'm saying. You may have played slow pitch softball. That could be true. But I doubt men are any different where you live than they are in the five states I played in. You wouldn't have around here.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone switching sides in the same at-bat. Seems like that's gotta be against rules