Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Officials fault lax Obama immigration policies for ‘calamity’ in border states

The flood of illegal immigrants -- particularly children -- crossing into the U.S. along the southern border is at a "crisis" level, creating a humanitarian emergency that both immigration officials and lawmakers are putting at the feet of the Obama administration.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called the overload a "crisis of the federal government's creation."

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., who for years has been warnings that the administration's easing of immigration enforcement would create a crisis along the border, said: "President Obama is responsible for this calamity."

Recriminations are flying as state and federal officials grapple with a surge in illegal immigrant children -- some accompanied, some not -- flowing into Texas. With resources there over-burdened, many of the children are being sent to Arizona, in turn overwhelming resources in that state. Arizona officials say they are now rushing federal supplies to a makeshift holding center in Nogales, as it runs low on the basics.

But some are warning that the administration, rather than tightening enforcement in response, is continuing on the same path of steadily easing off immigration rules.

"The rising crisis at the border is the direct and predictable result of actions taken by President Obama," Sessions said, adding that "only by declaring to the world that our border is no longer open -- and that the law will be restored -- can this emergency be stopped."

Some of those warnings are coming from inside the administration.

According to portions of a memo obtained by Fox News, an official with Customs and Border Protection wrote late last month that current policies are serving as an incentive for more to cross.

"If the U.S. government fails to deliver adequate consequences to deter aliens from attempting to illegally enter the U.S., the result will be an even greater increase in the rate of recidivism and first-time illicit entries," Border Patrol Deputy Chief Ronald D. Vitiello wrote in the May 30 memo.

Among the policies that allegedly are creating a magnet for illegal immigrants is what's known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. The unilateral policy in 2012 allowed some illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to defer deportation -- among other criteria, they must have come to the U.S. before they were 16 years old, be younger than 31 on June 15, 2012, and have been in the country since at least June 15, 2007, and have no criminal history.

The administration extended that program earlier this month, allowing the immigrants to apply for protection from deportation for another two years.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said in a statement that the extension and changes would "proactively invite fraud and abuse."

In December, a U.S. District Court judge in Texas also claimed that federal agents were intercepting human smugglers transporting children at the U.S.-Mexico border -- and then delivering those children to illegal immigrant parents in the U.S.

The situation is likely more complicated and involves more agencies than the order made it sound. It is a matter of public record that thousands of illegal immigrant children and teens are caught trying to enter the United States, and often sent to federally run care centers while their status is determined.

Judge Andrew Hanen's order, though, claimed the Obama administration was engaging in a risky practice by delivering some children to their parents. He argued that the practice would only encourage more parents to have their children smuggled over the border, through operations often connected to the drug cartels.

"These actions are both dangerous and unconscionable," he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/09/lawmakers-fault-lax-obama-immigration-policies-for-calamity-in-arizona/

Martha Jane Canary (May 1, 1852 – August 1, 1903 age 51), better known as Calamity Jane, was an American frontierswoman, and professional scout known for her claim of being an acquaintance of Wild Bill Hickok, but also for having gained fame fighting Indians. She is said to have also exhibited kindness and compassion, especially to the sick and needy. This contrast helped to make her a famous frontier figure.[1]

A Rpublican from Alabama says it's Obama's fault? You're kidding!!

Newbie not aware of who is charged with securing our borders? You're kidding!!

GoogleTard and Phurfur agreeing with a Republican Senator that something is Obama's fault.......SHOCKING!!!!

Relax folks, Obama has a plan to deal with the massive increase in illegals pouring across the border.

Lawyer them up! :doh:

The Obama administration said Friday that it was starting a program to provide lawyers for children facing deportation as it scrambles to deal with the soaring number of unaccompanied minors illegally crossing the border from Mexico.

Under the plan, the federal government will issue $2 million in grants to enroll about 100 lawyers and paralegals to represent immigrant children making their way through the immigration court system.

“We’re taking a historic step to strengthen our justice system and protect the rights of the most vulnerable members of society,” Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said in a statement. “How we treat those in need, particularly young people who must appear in immigration proceedings — many of whom are fleeing violence, persecution, abuse or trafficking — goes to the core of who we are as a nation.”

Administration officials have been trying to cope with a surge of unaccompanied children that has overwhelmed border officials as well the nation’s family and immigration court systems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/07/us/us-to-provide-lawyers-for-children-facing-deportation.html?_r=0

Jeff Sessions would be better served to try to unfuck Alabama and let the actual border states handle this

$20K per lawyer? Maybe Worms wants a raise. :unsure:

Might be more cost effective to stop them at the border and turn them around.

Future democrat voters. I wonder what Obama would do if they were furure republican voters?

Future democrat voters. I wonder what Obama would do if they were furure republican voters?

What did Bush do? If they were 'enemy voters', why didn't he stop it?

Put Eric Shinseki in charge of keeping them alive?

Securing the borders. Yet another issue that suddenly became important to Republicans in the year 2008. :doh:

What did Bush do? If they were 'enemy voters', why didn't he stop it?

Nothing really. His state benefited from the illegal workers without the threat of them outnumbering republican workers. Did you notice how I put "future"?

As the tide of undocumented immigrants from Mexico is replaced by a growing surge from Central America, federal authorities in the United States are faced with the issue of returning home those migrants slated for deportation — now that "home" is a few thousand miles farther.

The Department of Homeland (DHS), the federal agency responsible for deporting undocumented immigrants, charters daily flights to return migrants to their home countries – but as the number of immigrants rises so have the number of flights … and the cost.

In its 2015 budget overview, the DHS has requested $229.1 million for the removal of undocumented immigrants alone — an amount that does not include housing and feeding them.

“When people look at the fiscal impact of immigration,” Marc Rosenblum, the Deputy Director of the Migration Policy Institute’s U.S. Immigration policy program told Fox News Latino. “This is one expensive slice of it.”

The DHS calls these flights from places like San Antonio and Miami an “innovative arrangement” that provides “ICE cost effective and highly flexible flight services,” but the prices laid out in the budget show that the 2013 cost of a flight per hour was more than $8,300 and has risen steadily since 2011.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/06/10/as-central-american-immigration-continues-to-rise-deportation-budget-swells/

As the tide of undocumented immigrants from Mexico is replaced by a growing surge from Central America, federal authorities in the United States are faced with the issue of returning home those migrants slated for deportation — now that "home" is a few thousand miles farther.

The Department of Homeland (DHS), the federal agency responsible for deporting undocumented immigrants, charters daily flights to return migrants to their home countries – but as the number of immigrants rises so have the number of flights … and the cost.

In its 2015 budget overview, the DHS has requested $229.1 million for the removal of undocumented immigrants alone — an amount that does not include housing and feeding them.

“When people look at the fiscal impact of immigration,” Marc Rosenblum, the Deputy Director of the Migration Policy Institute’s U.S. Immigration policy program told Fox News Latino. “This is one expensive slice of it.”

The DHS calls these flights from places like San Antonio and Miami an “innovative arrangement” that provides “ICE cost effective and highly flexible flight services,” but the prices laid out in the budget show that the 2013 cost of a flight per hour was more than $8,300 and has risen steadily since 2011.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/06/10/as-central-american-immigration-continues-to-rise-deportation-budget-swells/

$20K per lawyer? Maybe Worms wants a raise. :unsure:

I thought that was a raise for him. :dunno:

Obama couldn't get his amnesty plan thru congress so he is doing another end run around congress to implement amnesty.

He has no regard for the rule of law.

Obama couldn't get his amnesty plan thru congress so he is doing another end run around congress to implement amnesty.

He has no regard for the rule of law.

Congressional Republicans don't give a fock all about the rule of law anyway.

I thought that was a raise for him. :dunno:

That's what I was trying to say. Apparently poorly. :(

Why don't we start punishing the companies that hire these illegal immigrants. It seems that less people would cross the border if there isn't anything on the other side for them.

Or are ALL of these people collecting social security?

Why don't we start punishing the companies that hire these illegal immigrants. It seems that less people would cross the border if there isn't anything on the other side for them.

Or are ALL of these people collecting social security welfare?

Forward!

Can't remember you having much to say about the illegals until 2008. Hmmm, why is that?

Can't remember you having much to say about the illegals until 2008. Hmmm, why is that?

the government wasn't intentionally letting them flood across the border by the thousands

Good enough reason? I dont remember you stalking the bush detractors ever. Why is that ? :dunno:

the government wasn't intentionally letting them flood across the border by the thousands

Good enough reason? I dont remember you stalking the bush detractors ever. Why is that ? :dunno:

Nor do you remember me bashing Bush. hope this helps. :wave:

Nor do you remember me bashing Bush. hope this helps. :wave:

oh i thought were better than that and rooted for America, why the change ?

oh i thought were better than that and rooted for America, why the change ?

Pssst, that's why I didn't bash Bush. You're really dumb, huh? :(

Securing the borders. Yet another issue that suddenly became important to Republicans in the year 2008. :doh:

I've always been in favor of securing our borders. :dunno:

Pssst, that's why I didn't bash Bush. You're really dumb, huh? :(

but u didn't obsess with those that did :dunno:

I'm sure he tried to derail every Bush thread there was for eight years.

There was about 1/5th the political obsession on the board back then. It didn't ruin it. There was maybe one political thread out of ten. Thanks to your bitter republitard buddies, it's close to half now. hope this helps

2009: the year Newbie became Rah Rah 'Merica Guy who goes after anyone who dares to question the POTUS.

:first:

2009: the year Newbie became Rah Rah 'Merica Guy who goes after anyone who dares to question the POTUS.

:first:

1980ish.. The year I started supporting my country's President and wishing well for our citizens. :first:

You should try it sometime, Hack. :wave:

1980ish.. The year I started supporting my country's President and wishing well for our citizens. :first:

You should try it sometime, Hack. :wave:

I said nothing about you supporting the POTUS. I simply pointed out you say you didn't go after folks posting anti-Bush stuff, but make it your daily goal to go after anyone who posts anti-Obama stuff.

You have been exposed as a hypocritical hack.

I said nothing about you supporting the POTUS. I simply pointed out you say you didn't go after folks posting anti-Bush stuff, but make it your daily goal to go after anyone who posts anti-Obama stuff.

You have been exposed as a hypocritical hack.

You no read tooo good. Duh Post 33 addresses that. My not-bashing Obama is consistent with my not-bashing Bush. Choosing sides is what elections are for. Once they're over, we should be on the same side- the country's side. But radical ass holes from both sides just can't figure that out. You are the poster child for a radical right wing hack. And everything that's wrong with this country these days. So you have that going for you. :thumbsup:

You no read tooo good. Duh Post 33 addresses that. My not-bashing Obama is consistent with my not-bashing Bush. Choosing sides is what elections are for. Once they're over, we should be on the same side- the country's side. But radical ass holes from both sides just can't figure that out. You are the poster child for a radical right wing hack. And everything that's wrong with this country these days. So you have that going for you. :thumbsup:

I read just fine.

You spent 8 years during the Bush Presidency saying nothing about anti-Bush threads. You spend 24/7 here now acting like a 13 year old girl who just got dumped in every Obama thread.

Hypocritical hack. :wave:

I'm usually closer to a bored lib than repubtard, but this is Obama's fault without question. Border security has been lax for decades, he didn't cause that... his current policy on legalizing immigrants is directly responsible for the recent surge in immigrants, however.

• Like 1

Back on topic. Who's going tp pay for all of these illegals? We're broke as it is. How do we pay for theim?

Alsao, I hear a lot of democrats b!tching and moaning about the popuation here in America. And how abortion is a good thing when it comes to miorities. Do they realize that people from Mexice are mostly Christians who don't believe in abortion and love to make babies? What a price to pay just to get a certain block of voters to vote for you.