Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 1 - 2 Commentary ++

They could even be the same person

Thanks Dan. I never worry about a new crop, because I like what I learn from the old crop. Some new blood is great though.

Fire away Dan!

I'm pretty sure I know why snatchit didn't show. He saw his draft slot and said, "Oh, heck no!" A million ways to go, and each runs into problems over the next couple/three rounds. I don't like this pick, with the "logical" picks being out of the comfort zone that I would aim at. We'll see what this looks like for snatchit come round 2, though.

12 is awesome. Heck, 10 and 11 aren't bad. But 8 & 9 . . . yuck.

Tell me about pick 8.

I was hoping he'd be gone before it got to me. Not a fan of going TE (or QB) in the first. :unsure:

I suppose it was too much to hope for marshall again in this mock. :D

That was not a homer pick, I swear. He's going to stay healthy this year. I just know it.

1.11 Julio Jones - There were 4 RBs that I would've been happy with so it made sense to take Julio and grab one of the RBs (Monte Ball) on after the turn. So far so good.

Back stroked as fast as possible

You're supposed to be the veteran

2.06 - Thank GOD! I would have settled and just taken Manning had he grabbed Arian. You can't go wrong at this stage with Peyton since we do add up points to win. I can repost what I had to hurriedly take down.

I almost grabbed Foster at 1.07 but hoped he might fall back to me here. I figured I'd be staring at he and Bell and I still feel better about Foster. I feel I can snag a very good QB later but I really needed the grab a back. Foster has always been a tough over achiever. This is the last year on his contract, they got rid of Tate, and they are going to use the hell out of him since they aren't tied to him next season. They also are going to use him much more in the passing game. I pray he can stay healthy, as he will be a key piece of this puzzle for me. 1450-1500 combined, double digit TD's, and 50 receptions a possibility.

I was hoping to get at least Marshall or Julio there to match with Dez. Oh well I have QB takin care of for sure

Nice. Didn't want to have to take lynch. That leaves me 2 players with 1 pick before me.

let the roasting of my Doug Martin Pick begin!

Much Like Lacy a guy I believe in and was happy to take where I did..not worried bout the other guys in TB,

My assessment from the 12/1 "turn":

Will not get a top flight RB from here, but should get 2 nice starters.

Thought about WR/WR, but when I looked at what I would get in the third round for a running back I about hurled. Not anyone I would want to go with as my #1 RB. Manning, was thought about, but too early for my tastes.

Marshall: IMO, the last of the #2 WRs. I know some of you behind me would have loved to have him, and I'll take his 100 receptions from 2013!

Bernard: had other choices, Ball and Bell (the 3 B's), but after hearing the Cin coaches talk about Bernard I am a believer in the fact they'll use him often, and his receiving is a plus. Ball has other receivers on his squad, so don't see much PPR appeal. I liked Bell, the other RB there won't impact him much.

My assessment from the 12/1 "turn":

Will not get a top flight RB from here, but should get 2 nice starters.

Thought about WR/WR, but when I looked at what I would get in the third round for a running back I about hurled. Not anyone I would want to go with as my #1 RB. Manning, was thought about, but too early for my tastes.

Marshall: IMO, the last of the #2 WRs. I know some of you behind me would have loved to have him, and I'll take his 100 receptions from 2013!

Bernard: had other choices, Ball and Bell (the 3 B's), but after hearing the Cin coaches talk about Bernard I am a believer in the fact they'll use him often, and his receiving is a plus. Ball has other receivers on his squad, so don't see much PPR appeal. I liked Bell, the other RB there won't impact him much.

It was a good corner. I have Ball over Bernard but I know that is not a overwhelming view point. I feel Ball will have more possessions and offensive plays which might lead to more redzone and goaline looks.

Let's just get Dan in permanently for GF. Nip it in the bud now. If it's like this in the first 2 rounds it will only get worse.

GFIAFP - only posts at night anyway usually. Not sure why he even wanted in this other than to annoy others as his calling card.

Let's just get Dan in permanently for GF. Nip it in the bud now. If it's like this in the first 2 rounds it will only get worse.

100% in agreement..... we need to move on and Dan is as good as it gets!

So the draft starts again tomorrow ? Be nice if we could knock out some rounds tonight when most is off work.

So the draft starts again tomorrow ? Be nice if we could knock out some rounds tonight when most is off work.

The draft is not suspended there just is no clock. Picks can certainly be made.