Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Christine Michael hype?

Is this kid as good as people are saying. Never seen a prospect with so much hype. I have him in my keeper league for $1 and can keep him for 4 years. I'm watching him in pre season and he looks okay def not the next Adrian Peterson like most are saying.

There's chatter about this being the final year for Lynch in Seattle. If that's the case even a mediocre RB in that system would be a value at a $1. IMO Micheal is a great RB. AP he is not but could be huge as Seattle's #1.He'll spell Lynch more this year (or they say he will) and if Lynch does go down he'd be a pretty good get. I'd stash him if I had the chance.

He's a talented guy. I foresee lynch playing every game this year but getting cut next year. When that happens, Christine will be the new David Wilson.

I hope he's not the new Wilson but for some reason I hyped up Wilson to all my friends and now I look like an idiot. I've been doing the same on michaels and it seems like unless lynch gets hurt he won't be a factor till next year.

I hope he's not the new Wilson but for some reason I hyped up Wilson to all my friends and now I look like an idiot. I've been doing the same on michaels and it seems like unless lynch gets hurt he won't be a factor till next year.

We all make bad calls. I was against wilson from the start, but i also wasnt all that thrilled with aj green either. I take it more personally than i should when i make a bad call. I do try not to make a big deal on most guys i get right, because i will be wrong again. Though there are a few guys that when they hit, its fun to be the one who saw it coming.

see I think this is the year beast mode gets hurt. He is overused and has lots of miles on those tires. if that happens christine becomes gold.

If Lynch has another good year they will sign him to another 3 year deal that's front loaded.

I'll definitely take a flyer on him at a keeper-eligible slot in my draft. Good chance he produces this year with a Lynch injury and I doubt Seattle resigns Lynch at the money he'll want next year so at worst he's a keeper.

I know he makes people worry about Lynch this year. If you are in a redraft I wouldn't worry at all, they just gave Lynch a little bonus and I think in the back of their mind they were thinking... lets give him a bonus with run him to death one last year. If he gets hurt then we will bring in Christine

If Lynch has another good year they will sign him to another 3 year deal that's front loaded.

This is really unlikely. I have Michael in several leagues so I've been thinking about how it may play out for a year or more now.

The Seahakws have R. Wilson to pay as well as Cliff Avril (or FA replacement/s) and it will be difficult to justify paying Lynch anywhere close to the amount another team (Jets?) may be willing to pay. If you are rooting for something like this you would want to see Lynch break down this year so no other team will want to give him a decent contract and Michael leave some kind of questions by getting dinged or perhaps off-field in his opportunity.

What I do think is likely to happen is that the Seahawks are going to draft another RB high next yr. regardless of how Michael performs. I wouldn't even be shocked if it was 1st or 2nd round unless a super glaring need/s arises at a different position. Michael owners and some Seahawk fans may scoff at the notion but the team is still built around running the ball and while I am a HUGE believer in Michael's talent RBs get hurt, Michael also has to prove prove reliability as a feature RB and I think they want to keep pushing him in addition to having insurance. Just remember when it happens even a RB they take higher than they took Michael likely does not have the physical attributes, he will still be plan A for multiple years.

Anyway, the time to sell if inclined would be after FA and prior to the NFL draft IMO because after the draft people will have doubts about the Seahawks intent. I will be holding Michael because his upside is just too significant. The physical attributes are a couple standard deviations away from most current RB starters and I actually haven't seen the size/speed combination PLUS the agility numbers..........................ever.

Its not like he is only a workout warrior also because you could see the manifestation of his attributes on his tape, there just wasn't enough production due to off-field issues in college and now Lynch. It remains to be seen if we will ever see prolonged production from him, but again I think the upside is too high, he is the kind of player/situation that wins multiple titles for you.

I picked up Michael Turner during his last year in San Diego and he was a major reason I won my keeper league two years in a row. I'm thinking (hoping) Christine MIchael will be a similar scenario.

Looks like more hype to come with Mr. Skittles recent trouble

I honestly can only see this happening if he has the best year of his career.

keeping in mind he has had some problems off the field and may face a suspension at some point, there is a good chance that Christine Michael will get a shot to prove that job should be his.

if he has a big game or two and shows he can play, why would Seattle throw a pile of money at Lynch when they can Extend michael for 2 more years, cut Lynch and use the cash to keep other star players on the roster.

Of course, if they cut Lynch, they will need to draft someone else, but that's no biggie.