Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

A. Williams will be a STUD.

He's so freaking big and strong. This kids gonna be an absolute monster when he gets his shot. Love his power. His stiff arm is something special.

He's so freaking big and strong. This kids gonna be an absolute monster when he gets his shot. Love his power. His stiff arm is something special.

When he gets his shot. That might be next year.

No way he doesn't get a some carries. Watching him in the pre season he's an absolute beast. Jennings isn't all that. This kid is a baller.

I agree , he looked great during the preseason . And should get some work . But stud maybe next season .

Sorry but Williams has hands of stone and can't pass protect at this point. He had a total of 10 catches in 44 college games. This offense needs a complete back and Williams doesn't fit that role. I think that he can at some point be a thunder to a lightening combo but his passing down issues will not allow him to be a 3 down back. Best case is Williams is a rich man's Shon Greene.

Sorry but Williams has hands of stone and can't pass protect at this point. He had a total of 10 catches in 44 college games. This offense needs a complete back and Williams doesn't fit that role. I think that he can at some point be a thunder to a lightening combo but his passing down issues will not allow him to be a 3 down back. Best case is Williams is a rich man's Shon Greene.

Or a poor man's Alf Morris.

Good post, though. Couldn't have said it better.

Williams could be a heckuva TD vulture but he's not...and won't be a "STUD".

Or a poor man's Alf Morris.

Good post, though. Couldn't have said it better.

Williams could be a heckuva TD vulture but he's not...and won't be a "STUD".

So you're saying he won't be a stud at any point. Why did the giants waste a pick on this kid. Have you watched the kids tape? Have u watched his pre season games? Jennings was MJD backup he was Mcfaddens backup and he will be Williams backup...Book it.

I don't expect much out of him this year, especially early on. But there is nobody else I can draft around then as a late round flier that is more worth a roster spot than this guy.

If he gets hot towards the end of the season it pays off. FF is really random. This guy could come on late, who knows. I roster him because I like what I've seen in preseason and think nothing of Rashad Jennings.

Brandon jacobs is a more fitting comparison imo.

• Like 2

Sorry but Williams has hands of stone and can't pass protect at this point.

Neither can the G-Men offensive line, but they still put them in the game.

All this surety about nothing from Williams this year is silly, if only because RBs miss games all the time.

I agree, i drafted him in all of my leagues. Hands of stone is overrated when he is your best offensive player. How many catch AP, Lynch usually get ?

Giants coaches told ESPN.com that rookie running back Andre Williams is "still a bit too raw for them to count on him extensively, at least at the beginning of the season." As such, starter Rashad Jennings "should factor significantly into the passing game and be their workhorse ball carrier when the regular season begins."

Williams will earn time and be utilized in short yardage and GL situations. A stud this year? No, for lots of reasons, including that the rest of the team stinks.

Latter half of the season when the Giants are out of it? He'll lillely see more action.

But if he can't flat beat out a guy like Jennings by next training camp, you can forget any notion of him ever being a "stud".

So you're saying he won't be a stud at any point. Why did the giants waste a pick on this kid. Have you watched the kids tape? Have u watched his pre season games? Jennings was MJD backup he was Mcfaddens backup and he will be Williams backup...Book it.

I have seen his tape and I have watched him in the preseason. Why did the Giants waste a pick on this kid? Well the Browns drafted T-Rich, Rams Isiah Pead, heck the Giants picked David Wilson in the 1st and even before his injury in his second year he wasn't special. We could lists players all day long and your "waste a pick" argument is as weak as they come. Teams draft more players that don't pan out than those that do. I'm not even saying that Williams is going to be a bust. He just hasn't shown anything that would lead me to believe he has the skills to be an every down stud back in that offense. He will be a useful back for the Giants but they didn't have fantasy value in mind when they drafted him.

not sure i follow the waste a pick comment. they took him in the 4th round. if he's a complementary back that would be considered a success.

Brandon jacobs is a more fitting comparison imo.

:thumbsup:

Good post. I agree with this statement. Jacobs numbers at his best would probably be where this guys ceiling is. That is... assuming he gets enough playing time.

Surprising speed for the big guy

People forget that at 6-1 230 lbs Jennings is no smurf either. He can very easily assume short yardage duties. Williams is there merely to spell Jennings in that role. Pass blocking is an often underrated factor in the playing time and ability of running backs. Especially rookies. Until he can be trusted to protect Opie's blindside on a blitz pickup, Williams' only role will be TD vulture and short yardage battering ram. The prime running back role, the one previously held by Ahmad Bradshaw, and by Tiki Barber before him, will be filled by Jennings. And if Williams puts the ball on the ground at all he'll be buried so far on the bench it'll take a crow bar to find him.

Agree with you 100%, it just won't be this season. He still can't pass block and the Giants will need Jennings on the field for that. They have, in my opinion, one of the worst three offensive lines in the game. Unless Rashad gets injured, they will utilze him quite a bit. I still see Williams hitting 100 carries this season though, unless the Giants totally fold and fall out of the race, in which case they may just hand him the reigns to see what he can do. Even that scenario is hard to imagine unless they intend to move on from Eli. No coach wants to see his rookie RB miss a block and get the QB hit.