Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Russell Wilson

With the rules protecting qbs there are fewer ones getting injured these days. In fact, the injury bug for qbs has thankfully only targeted the sucky qbs this year so far.

200yds 2tds 20yds rushing. You can pretty much bank that every week for Russell. The dude is so underrated as a fantasy QB1 it's silly. Top 10 both years in the league, most wins all time by a 2yr qb, 2nd most tds ever by a 2yr qb. Outside of the top 3 qbs I really can't find a safer choice to wait for. Flashier with more upside? Sure there are a few, but none with a higher floor than ol Russ.

Extra gravy when he adds an additional 100 on the ground plus a rushing score :banana: :overhead:

he could have ran for 250 tonight...and can easily run for a 100 each game...and love that he always slides instead of getting wrecked for an extra 2.5 yards...beast mode JR...

As good as QB (all around) as exists in the NFL.

Imagine if the two Harvin reception touchdowns would've counted...since both were on HIGHLY questionable penalties.

Most underrated qb in fantasy by a mile.

Up until last night possibly the most underrated QB in the NFL. He is the furthest thing from just another game manager. In my opinion he's like a Michael Vick with accuracy and with a brain. Not as dynamic a rusher but much better student of the game. His fantasy points tend to suffer sometimes due to the greatness of his defense and RB but he's a top 5-6 talent.

Imagine if the two Harvin reception touchdowns would've counted...since both were on HIGHLY questionable penalties.

Both were? how so?

The first was as clear of a false start against Harvin himself as there is.

He almost fell over leaning and took his step back for the quick pass before the ball was snapped.

2nd one...its hard to know as we never saw the full view replay of what happened. Just an OL falling onto a DL.

Up until last night possibly the most underrated QB in the NFL. He is the furthest thing from just another game manager. In my opinion he's like a Michael Vick with accuracy and with a brain. Not as dynamic a rusher but much better student of the game. His fantasy points tend to suffer sometimes due to the greatness of his defense and RB but he's a top 5-6 talent.

Is Wilson really underrated in the NFL? I don't think anybody puts him behind more than the true elites and Luck, who's getting there fast. He is absolutely considered a franchise player and one of the best QBs in the league.

Is Wilson really underrated in the NFL? I don't think anybody puts him behind more than the true elites and Luck, who's getting there fast. He is absolutely considered a franchise player and one of the best QBs in the league.

Last years consensus was that he was a solid QB on a really good team. He just had to limit his mistakes and turnovers. This year is evident that the Seahawks are not a super bowl team without him. So yes I'd say going into this season he was quite underrated.

he's a top 5-6 talent.

worse road record than andy dalton, despite having a better defense and run game.

he's better than dalton, but top-5 talent is quite a stretch.

worse road record than andy dalton, despite having a better defense and run game.

I bet he'll get paid like a top 5 or 6 QB.

Outside of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees... It's pretty open for debate..Luck, Wilson, or some might argue Tom Brady at this stage in his career. So it's hardly a 'stretch' that Wilson could be considered top 5

Unless you would rather have Rivers, Cutler, Romo, Foles, Big Ben, Stafford, Eli, Matt Ryan, Kap, or Dalton over him?

Wilson is better than all those guys right now if you care about winning football games

Dalton can have the Road Victory category, Russell will take the Playoff games and Super Bowl category.

Dalton can have the Road Victory category, Russell will take the Playoff games and Super Bowl category.

yep. helps to have a dominant defense and a dominant run game.

wilson is a new iteration of roethlisberger, except the latter appears more capable of carrying a team. we won't know what russell is until he's put in that position.

wilson is a new iteration of roethlisberger, except the latter appears more capable of carrying a team. we won't know what russell is until he's put in that position.

It also helps when you have weapons like plax, Hines ward, mike Wallace, santonio, Heath miller, etc.... Now name some of Wilson's "weapons". Don't say Harvin because we all know that doesn't count. I think that's a horrible comparison. Seahawks were 4-1 last year when the defense gave up 20+ points.

Some people are quick to judge Wilson without actually watching him play. Wilson beat the Redskins single handily as well as the Broncos when Seattles Defense failed. It's ok though, keep thinking of him as a 'game manager'

Wilson isn't underrated in the NFL, just underrated by fans who look at stats sheets and don't watch the actual games. Wilson won that game for the Seahawks on Monday. Washington's defense really stepped it up in the second half and got a great pass rush, yet Wilson pulled Houdini act after Houdini act. A scrambling QB who makes all of the right plays and has a great football mind is as dangerous as they come.

As a Seahawks fan, Roethlisberger's career is the one I think he will parallel most (due to def, scrambling, not elite passing #s, yet post-season success). So I actually agree somewhat with you.

On the other hand, I hope it'll parallel more of Brady's career...

You guys are grown men. Quit calling x player sexy. Jesus. With that said, wilson is a top 5 qb in reality to me and potentially fantasy by season end (niner fan and homer here). Not sure why he is even grouped with guys like kape and rated below guys like foles. He has that IT intangible you cannot teach and is extremely intelligent. Knows his limits, does what he is asked of, and steps up when the time is right.

Manning, luck, Rodgers, wilson. Top 4 to be exact. 5 can go to any number of qbs bunched together. Point being he is elite now.

You guys are grown men. Quit calling x player sexy. Jesus. With that said, wilson is a top 5 qb in reality to me and potentially fantasy by season end (niner fan and homer here). Not sure why he is even grouped with guys like kape and rated below guys like foles. He has that IT intangible you cannot teach and is extremely intelligent. Knows his limits, does what he is asked of, and steps up when the time is right.

Manning, luck, Rodgers, wilson. Top 4 to be exact. 5 can go to any number of qbs bunched together. Point being he is elite now.

Even if you're straight you have to admit he's a pretty good looking guy on top of having a very "sexy" game.

Kidding aside, great analysis by a fan of a division rival. Hopefully both our teams get their sh!t straightened out by 11-27