Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Puppy's first day at doggy day care

I'm not some animal nut but yOU people waxing on about kids.. what about those who can't have kids? They are not allowed to treat their dog or cat like a member of the family?

What about child adoption? You didn't give birth to them, is it the same if you lose the kid?

I'm not some animal nut but yOU people waxing on about kids.. what about those who can't have kids? They are not allowed to treat their dog or cat like a member of the family?

What about child adoption? You didn't give birth to them, is it the same if you lose the kid?

Kids are a subliminal ego thing. They need a little mini-me running around to feel validated, and to know that there will still be a piece of them around after they are gone. They think so highly of themselves that they think the world won't go on spinning without that little piece of them in it.

All kidding aside Mung, will be good for your pup. My friends who use DDC swear by it - and their dogs love it. Will be good for the little guy to get the socialization thing down. Best to do it as early as the facility will allow it.

Kids are a subliminal ego thing. They need a little mini-me running around to feel validated, and to know that there will still be a piece of them around after they are gone. They think so highly of themselves that they think the world won't go on spinning without that little piece of them in it.

Spoken like an old hag who will never have kids. :lol:

:lol:

If you can't have kids, I'm sorry. Otherwise you are just fooling yourself

Spoken like an old hag who will never have kids. :lol:

She's too old to start now. :(

I've got a Palo Verde tree in my yard that I'm quite fond of. Grow strong my green friend. :thumbsup:

I've got a Palo Verde tree in my yard that I'm quite fond of. Grow strong my green friend. :thumbsup:

I lost an ash tree the other winter. Was just like losing a child, I totally understand how those people feel now. I hardly even knew how I could go on living

you should dress it up and make it part of the family

Earthworm haiku:

Slimy little pal

I just tore you into half

Now I have two friends!

Earthworm haiku:

Slimy little pal

I just tore you into half

Now I have two friends!

cost of daycare just doubled :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Avoiding words is probably the way to go after clowning yourself so badly in this thread. :thumbsup:

The kid people are frothing at the mouf like rabid dogs. Oh, the irony!!!

The kid people are frothing at the mouf like rabid dogs. Oh, the irony!!!

Do you have pets? I honestly don't remember, other than the possum jokes. :dunno:

Do you have pets? I honestly don't remember, other than the possum jokes. :dunno:

I'm guessing a dozen cats. :(

as i figured, my question wouldn't be answered by any of the kid clan.

so telling someone its crazy to treat a pet like they would a kid or telling them they have no clue because they don't have kids and losing a kid is 100X worse because its your own kid you gave birth to (I agree on this by the way)... where does that leave adoption. Its still a kid but you didn't give birth to it, its not your own flesh and blood. Do you move on and get a new kid like you would a new dog? or is it simply a matter of human vs animal?

my point being, an adopted kid is not your kid but you choose to love it and care for it like your kid. Why is this limited to an adopted kid? Why can't it include a dog or cat or any type of living creature?

please advise

• Like 1

so telling someone its crazy to treat a pet like they would a kid or telling them they have no clue because they don't have kids and losing a kid is 100X worse because its your own kid you gave birth to (I agree on this by the way)... where does that leave adoption. Its still a kid but you didn't give birth to it, its not your own flesh and blood. Do you move on and get a new kid like you would a new dog? or is it simply a matter of human vs animal?

my point being, an adopted kid is not your kid but you choose to love it and care for it like your kid. Why is this limited to an adopted kid? Why can't it include a dog or cat or any type of living creature?

please advise

Pretty sure they'll say human>>>>>>>>>animal. We're the most superior thing on this planet! Our lives are more important than anything else's. And you just don't get it if you don't have kids. Parents are superior to everyone else. :rolleyes:

Apparently, we're also the most egotistical and arrogant as well.

Wow, the craziness in this thread is just beyond the pale.

They're called ANIMALS for a focking reason you pansy ass nitwits :slaps upside the head:

:wacko:

please advise

I'll take a shot. I don't recall anyone specifically saying that it was a kid they gave birth to (which would be particularly hard for the guys here). But I understand your point. Having never adopted a kid, I can't say with 100% certainty, but I expect it is largely the same.

When you have a kid, you basically say that you are done with your previous life and you have now committed yourself to a new life of raising this precious child. You teach it sounds, colors, throwing, catching... you teach it math, reading, science... you help them to understand how to deal with sadness and you revel in their joys unlike anything you've ever personally experienced...

A dog licks his balls.

They're called ANIMALS for a focking reason you pansy ass nitwits :slaps upside the head:

You do realize that we are mammals, right? That puts us in the animal classification as well. :doh:

You do realize that we are mammals, right? That puts us in the animal classification as well. :doh:

And yet, when I refer to certain persons as "animals" it is to DEHUMANIZE them :lol:

Christ I know you hate kids but this is just ridiculous. Trying to justify your own sad existence by pretending that your stupid little ankle biter is just as important as a real, human baby :cry:

And yet, when I refer to certain persons as "animals" it is to DEHUMANIZE them :lol:

Christ I know you hate kids but this is just ridiculous. Trying to justify your own sad existence by pretending that your stupid little ankle biter is just as important as a real, human baby :cry:

You know what? Becoming a parent has made you an . I don't ever remember you being this insufferable. Glad you think you're superior to everyone else now, just because you managed to reproduce. Congrats... on that horribly difficult feat.

this

you can eventually teach a kid not to scratch its ass hole on the carpet, a dog not so much.

We're still working on that with junior. :unsure:

You know what? Becoming a parent has made you an ######. I don't ever remember you being this insufferable. Glad you think you're superior to everyone else now, just because you managed to reproduce. Congrats... on that horribly difficult feat.

I have always been insufferable :nono:

At various times in my life, we had cats, dogs, horses, cattle, and chickens around. None of them ever came inside the house for any reason.

They had room to roam outside, shelter against inclement weather and plenty of food to eat.

The dogs and cats were playful, fun, and very happy, but, they were not part of our family. They were pets.

And let me just say this post is spot on. I have no idea why people ever decided to bring animals indoors. They are filthy. It is near impossible to keep a house clean when you have filthy animals shedding, throwing up , pooping in boxes, bringing dirt and flees and who knows what else in from outside, etc.

We have a dog and two cats. All came with the missus. All are indoors animals. I cannot wait until they are gone. And I even like the animals, just don't understand why they should be in the house