Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nice

Doug Martin - injury update?

Any news on doug martins injury? Anyone worried this could be a serious injury or have opened the door for more of a committee with bobby rainey? Buy low?

I think you will see a RBBC on that team . Was not as high on him as others where . Even before he was hurt last,season he was not doing much . And his back up that played after he was hurt did much better then he did .

He has a chronic case of suckitis. :(

Bucs vs rams is better. Austin davis at QB...yikes

Considering the Bucs defense did almost nothing but get shredded by Derek Anderson and a group of nobody wide receivers........yeah ill pass on the Bucs.

Considering the Bucs defense did almost nothing but get shredded by Derek Anderson and a group of nobody wide receivers........yeah ill pass on the Bucs.

Good point but I watched thr Vikings-Rams game almost exclusively & the Vikings D is either thst good or the Rams O Line is that bad. They beat the #$@* outta the Rams nonstop.

Still no update?

Something is starting to stink.

I take no updates as a good sign, meaning no surgery etc

I could be wrong though

From Rotoworld:

Speaking in a Monday radio interview, Bucs coach Lovie Smith called Doug Martin's knee/leg injury "minor."
Smith hinted Martin could have even re-entered the Bucs' loss to the Panthers, suggesting he was simply benched for Bobby Rainey. "Doug did go down with a little minor injury there, so we had to make a change, and from there he was able to come back and he was ready to go," Smith said. "Bobby had come and had given us a little bit of life, and as I’ve mentioned we want to play more than one running back throughout." Smith's allusion to a benching is bad on the surface, but it wouldn't be the first time a coach downplayed an injury. We wouldn't be surprised if Martin had only been available on an emergency basis. Either way, Rainey is a prudent add for Martin owners. We should get a firmer idea of Martin's status when the Bucs return to practice on Wednesday. Sep 9 - 1:16 PM

Anyone thinks he's worth a week 2 start?

I have Dougy and Rainey.....who should I start week 2??? lol

Neither Rams D is for real.

Neither Rams D is for real.

Yep. They contained Adrian Peterson pretty well, who was running behind a damn good offensive line. However they did look as if they were playing wiffle ball trying to stop Patterson on his jaunt. Also Buc's O-line really struggling now.

Since we're on subject I am really interested to see how Mike James is feeling these days.

I'm still kicking myself for choosing Martin over Gio to keep.

Since Dougie is expecting to Start for week 2, is it worth it to hold onto Rainey? Bench spots are valuable...

I'm holding until Martin finishes a game unscathed. Same with Starks and Lacy.

Since Dougie is expecting to Start for week 2, is it worth it to hold onto Rainey? Bench spots are valuable...

I wouldn't drop him until Martin practices, unless there's someone on the wire you'd really rather have.

Didn't practice yesterday.

No words anywhere he'll start week 2.