Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Gordon/Welker vote TOMORROW

This just in:

Browns coach Mike Pettine expressed some skepticism Friday that Josh Gordon will rejoin the team after his eight-game suspension is through.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday that Gordon's ban is expected to dip from 16 to eight games pending the approval of a new drug policy. "I'll believe it when I see it," were Pettine's words. The Browns likely view anything they get from Gordon as a 2014 bonus. Fantasy owners should have the same approach. Sep 12 - 1:26 PM

Ehhhh. I've already learned that this guy Pettine will never give a straight answer about anything. He speaks only in coaches speak. Not one straight answer from him about anything so far - not on QBs, RBs, nor Gordon.

He is not even worth listening too.

Friday, Sept. 12.....

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 2m

Exec committee will discuss the proposal, then present it to the player reps on the 5:30 ET call. If it's acceptable, they'll vote.

• Like 1

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 1m

By the way -- the NFLPA executive committee is at 4:30 pm ET, an hour before the player rep call.

Friday, Sept. 12.....

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 2m

Exec committee will discuss the proposal, then present it to the player reps on the 5:30 ET call. If it's acceptable, they'll vote.

NFLPA needs to hold out for Gordon to get less games! :)

NFLPA needs to hold out for Gordon to get less games! :)

Maybe there's a fantasy owner within the NFLPA that has Gordon on their team?

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold 6m

With Welker cleared medically, 52 plyrs on roster, #Broncos only need agreement on drug policy to add Welker quickly

@MaryKayCabot: Gordon will have his suspension reduced to 10 games because of the stage he was in: 4th violation equals 10 games.

@MaryKayCabot: Gordon will have his suspension reduced to 10 games because of the stage he was in: 4th violation equals 10 games.

This is what pisses me off! With the new policy he wouldn't even have tested positive hence it isn't his 4th violation! Is the NFL completely dense

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/294727/report-gordons-suspension-will-be-10-games

Just in:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Josh Gordon will be suspended ten games under the terms of the NFL's new drug policy.
It's two more games than expected, but at least Gordon will be available, technically, in Weeks 12-17 for the Browns. That assumes he makes no mistakes during the ten-game ban, and no more games are tacked on for his offseason DUI arrest. We suspect fantasy owners will have a tough time hanging onto Gordon as bye-week crunches set in, but it's certainly worth trying in 12- and 14-team leagues. Gordon was already suspended for Week 1, and the Browns' bye is in Week 4, so the projected return date is Week 12. Asked Friday whether he thinks Gordon will rejoin the Browns at any point this year, coach Mike Pettine responded "I'll believe it when I see it."

Funny thing is, a few hours ago Schefter was sure it was eight games. :sleep:

So they're going to treat him as though he had four fails, even though he would not have failed under the new policy? And remember only one of his two samples was over the old limit. If he gets stuck with a ten game suspension I suspect we'll see him in court after all. Which is why I still think the NFL will cut him a break (maybe back immediately, maybe two to four weeks).

i see your point, and am not planning on dropping Gordon, but this analogy is still not exactly "the same thing." Calvin was a 1st round draft pick, a major investment by his owners, and Gordon is a waiver wire addition, and not nearly the same kind of investment.

I hate this type of thinking. Once the draft is over, what you paid for a player means *nothing*. The only thing that matters is future production. Yes Megatron is worth more right now, but only because (based on current rumors) he will play 15 more games vs. Gordon playing 8. By Week 10 Gordon should be valued as a Top 10 WR.

Dez, Jeffery and Gordon for the playoffs still sounds good to me :banana:

Post you squad - doubt you'll even be in the playoffs