Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Roddy White is droppable

not dropping him, but he's definitely going to the bench. Thought I got a steal where he was going for a WR2, but it's been rough. That whole team is mentally disabled, dunno what the crap they're doing. No rhythm, falling behind all the time, then slinging it around recklessly. Don't use a highly dynamic RB they have, are stuck on SJax, no TE help in sight with Gonzo gone, it's just a clusterfuck. Ryan keeps forcefeeding Julio so that's not a bad player to have, but otherwise the team is muff cabbage. Hopefully they turn it around and Roddy can have a decent stretch, but right now there's 5 options on the WW that are more servicable. This is why I'm not a huge fan of drafting the mid tier WRs too early, once the true studs are gone, it's a crapshoot, and there are 10 decent WRs that pop up on the WW over the year that can slot in as solid WR2s, and often will give you WR1 production. But he looked like solid value sitting there where he was in the 4th, on one of the more pass heavy teams in the league. Lesson learned...

• Like 1

Imagine how bad it would be had they not drafted Matthews to play along the offensive line. That line is not just bad, it's absolutely horrid. Ryan has almost no time to throw the ball, even against really bad defenses. I think he may throw to Julio so much simply because Julio has the speed to get separation quicker than Roddy. Gone are the days of having mauling Guards in front of the QB..... If Smith has done one thing terribly wrong, it has been how he's refused to upgrade the protection for Ryan. They've wasted countless dollars on free agents RB's, defensive linemen and CB's, but never had any pay off, outside of Turner several years ago. I think the Cowboys are showing the league a great offensive line can win you games. Even if they had the Cowboys line, it would still be a head scratcher as to why Smith insists on running out Steven Jackson ahead of Smith or Freeman. I understand you need to keep Jackson on the field as a pass blocker, but it doesn't mean you have to let him tote the rock. Maybe they shouldn't have re-signed Roddy either. His money could have gone off the books after this year. I like Smith as a play caller on the offensive side, but he has shown he doesn't know much about defense or offensive line play.

As for Roddy..... I drafted him in a lot of leagues as well. I released Torry Smith on waivers last week and he went off. If I release Roddy, he'll do the same. It's just that kind of season.

After last year dealing with Roddy, I stayed away. I have new problems this year however.

Andre Holmes, James Jones, Brandon LaFell......

No

With what's on my leagues waivers I'm not dropping him. He gets targets and red zone opportunities. The falcons offense has just fallen apart last few weeks. Will hold for now.

LaFell is most definitely an option. If I can snag him this week, Roddy goes to the bench...Couple of other WRs on the wire that I would slot in over Roddy next week. That team is in a funk right now, no one outside Julio can be trusted...

Yeah, Roddy White is done. He might have an ok game here or there, but for the most part he is barely even a flex starter anymore.

Looks terrible. I had him and garcon as wrs. Thankfully I was able to buy d. Thomas low and pick up Brian quick and Gordon. But white looks like hes done. I'm hanging onto him but it'll take a few good games for him to get a start

I mean Fitz was left for dead and he produced just fine last week.

It's a long season.

Are these guys elite options anymore? No.

Are they going to leave you with a zero like Lafell could? Probably not.

Does either team realize it's only a 10 pt game?!?

Gore would have pinched that in...

Overrated POS

That's a little harsh, p00h isn't that bad, give him a chance.

Roddy however has seen the end of the rainbow. The days of mr reliable are over.

Dropped him for Holmes. I came out of my PPR draft thinking I committed robbery by getting him as my WR3 (Julio and Cobb first 2). Also picked up Crabtree and Benjamin, and recently picked up Gordon. Came to realize that Roddy's not himself and even if he was, the Falcons line just doesn't give him enough time to achieve separation.

Bottom line, what's the upside? I have pretty solid starters in Julio, Cobb, Crabtree, and/or Benjamin. Gordon comes back Week 12. So the only real value in Roddy is in Weeks 10-11: in Week 7, ATL is at Baltimore (bad matchup, road game), in Week 8 they host Detroit (bad line matchup, albeit at home), and in Week 9 they're on a bye, so it's not like you can start him over that time anyway. Hell, even Weeks 10 and 11 aren't gimmes, since they're both on the road (@TB, @CAR).

If you have WRs with enough of a floor, there's really no reason to keep White and every reason to go for high-upside plays like Holmes. It might not work out in the end, but all things being equal, I'd rather take a risk on the younger rising WR who's going to be the #1 option versus an older WR who's on an imploding team.