Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Anyone high on Brian Tyms?

Oh no don't do it don't do it . It's another Patriots trap

hes like the other Saints receivers in the past like Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem, Stills etc. he could have a 1-45 td game like yesterday, will occasionally have a 3-103 td game, but is also just as likely to get shutout. In heavy TD leagues the guy could have some value, but not in PPR leagues

I think that tymes is just what brady needs and the reason they thinned out the wr corps a little just before his activation. He is a gifted wr with mosslike speed. Give him a few weeks to gain bradys full confidence and he should be putting up decent numbers.

Brady desperately needs an explosive downfield WR. I thought Dobson would be that guy but he hasn't made a dent. Then last week Dobson caught a 9 yard pass, I had a sliver of hope.... he then went offside the very next play and was benched for Tyms who caught the long TD on the play following the penalty. Dobson = done. Tyms = who knows, but better than Dobson.

I tend to agree with the "Patriot trap" comment but if you were holding out hope for Dobson, it's time to transfer that misguided hope to Tyms.

8 snaps.

Maybe that goes up but I kinda doubt it

:thumbsup:

Things I know about NE:

- Brady's strength is the quick read, short pass based on matchups and mismatches

- a deep threat is needed only to keep D's honest, not as the bread&butter of the attack

- no deep threat roooons the quick, short game as D's can easily cheat up

- Tyms (or Dobson) is very important to NE bc the "threat" of the deep ball needs to be there

- neither Tyms or Dobson will be primary targets for Brady, they may occassionally make the big play (like they're supposed to), but NE will usually be predicated on that controlled (dink and dunk?) offense that easily becomes an up-tempo, no-huddle offense and forces defenses into react/chaos mode.

On the one hand, this guy reminds me of an east coast version of Jermaine Kearse. He will make a play or two or three each game that makes you say WOW!!! but overall his involvement in the offense will never be extensive enough to be a consistent fantasy contributor. He would make a decent enough stash in deeper leagues i suppose.

On the other hand, Tyms is a freakish athlete.

At 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, he possesses prototypical size for a pro wide receiver and eye-popping athleticism. At Florida A&M's pro day, he had a 38.5-inch vertical jump, which would have ranked tied for fifth among wide receivers at the NFL combine. His time in the 20-yard shuttle (3.93 seconds) would have tied for second and his 40-yard-dash clocking (4.40) would have ranked third.

Also his 22 bench press reps at 225 would have ranked him 16th.......among offensive tackles. It ranked second among WR.

Big. Fast. Strong. He apparently spent last season on SF's practice squad being mentored by his idol Randy Moss. I mean if your looking for a low risk high upside flier, this guy might be the posterboy. Ive got him stashed in my 40 man roster Dynasty team.

And here is a pretty good catch, even though they ruled it incomplete.

:thumbsup:

Things I know about NE:

- Brady's strength is the quick read, short pass based on matchups and mismatches

- a deep threat is needed only to keep D's honest, not as the bread&butter of the attack

- no deep threat roooons the quick, short game as D's can easily cheat up

- Tyms (or Dobson) is very important to NE bc the "threat" of the deep ball needs to be there

- neither Tyms or Dobson will be primary targets for Brady, they may occassionally make the big play (like they're supposed to), but NE will usually be predicated on that controlled (dink and dunk?) offense that easily becomes an up-tempo, no-huddle offense and forces defenses into react/chaos mode.

This. Brady has always been about the shorter, quick throws with the occasional deep throw. That's where Hernandez, gronk, and welker came in the last couple of years. Right now the only person who is capable of this is Edelman with Gronk limping around. They have no deep threat and Tyms is not the answer to this.

hes like the other Saints receivers in the past like Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem, Stills etc. he could have a 1-45 td game like yesterday, will occasionally have a 3-103 td game, but is also just as likely to get shutout. In heavy TD leagues the guy could have some value, but not in PPR leagues

I picked him up in my dynasty league and will stash him for next year. I don't think he will have too much of an impact this year but he has talent and is better than the other receivers on NE. Tyms just need more polishing and will hopefully shine next season.

I picked him up in my dynasty league and will stash him for next year. I don't think he will have too much of an impact this year but he has talent and is better than the other receivers on NE. Tyms just need more polishing and will hopefully shine next season.

seems like same thing we said last yr about Dobson and even Boyce

That video.....that was one hell of a catch!!

He's worth a stash. Problem is, LaFell is emerging now. After the last two weeks the NE receiving core is shaping up. We now know...Edelman, LaFell and Gronk. Cut bait with the rest.

That video.....that was one hell of a catch!!

He's worth a stash. Problem is, LaFell is emerging now. After the last two weeks the NE receiving core is shaping up. We now know...Edelman, LaFell and Gronk. Cut bait with the rest.

Yup. Forget about Dobson, Wright, Amendola and Tyms for now. LaFell is the guy who could maybe still be had and is actually worth getting.

Yup. Forget about Dobson, Wright, Amendola and Tyms for now. LaFell is the guy who could maybe still he had and is actually worth getting.

Those four are all novelties. They'll get an occasional TD, an occasional target. The majority of everything is going to go through Edelman, LaFell and Gronk now. The rest, release them and let them be free.