Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

NYJ @ NE Predictions & In-Game Discussion

Thursday night is pretty much a guaranteed win for the Pats, that’s as close to a lock game as you’re going to get.

• Brady is perfect for Thursday night games
  • Rex Ryan’s team is imploding, and apparently their QB is sporting an excellent 57.1% completion rating and a 69.7 QB Rating. Those are worse than Tebow numbers, I’m just saying. Rex isn’t going with Vick, he’s going down with Geno Smith, which indicates, he’s already got the QB tattooed on his arm.
  • Darrelle Revis had this game circled on his calendar with a pink marker and a bunch of “DIE JETS DIE” stickers around it. He may have 4 or 5 interceptions tonight. <_<
  • That said, they’re projecting heavy RAIN this evening at Foxborough, that might slightly help the Jets, as their only hope is to run the ball, a lot, and hope the Pats can’t move the chains. NE RB Ridley is also hurt, meaning they’re either using a platoon of RB (until someone fumbles, then lord help them get out of Bill's doghouse).

Really though right now NE is favoured by 9.5 points, which is a bit ridiculous. If it’s raining, I don’t think they’ll cover that. Rex can motivate his team to play hard, and keep it somewhat reasonably close.

Pats win, but Jets cover the spread, low scoring affair, think like 20-17 Bank that, take the under.

Also, play NE defense for your FF teams, they’re rated the #1 matchup of the week for D/ST.

• Like 1

Pours down rain the entire game.

6-3 Patriots is the final score.

18 punts combined.

Brady throws for 108 yards. The Patriots as a team run for 13 yards.

The Jets commit 7 turnovers and end the game running the Wildcat with Bilal Powell.

Tomorrow FFT is chest deep in THURSDAY NIGHT GAMES SUX SO BAD THEY MAKE MY BRAIN HURTZ!!!1111 posts/

In pregame they show the field and it's raining focking cats and dogs. In a panic move I pull Brady because of the weather and put in Carson Palmer.

The rain stops 5 seconds after kickoff and Brady throws for 550 yards and 7 TDs. Palmer goes for 120 and throws 4 picks.

I lose by a point :banana:

This game was surprisingly close last year, 13-10 IIRC.

A difference this year might be that NE has LaFell and Tyms, and maybe Wright, as new outlets for Brady and Gronk is healthy. Last year's NE/NYJ game was the one where Brady just threw to Edelman all night long, ending up with like 13-15 receptions. Dobson had one long TD which was really a gimmicky bs short fake and down and out and then a long run with no one covering.

I have no idea how the Jets got the points they did vs Denver, but that was at home and the Jets played their Jace Amaro card last week. I don't think Geno stands a chance in Foxborough. The Pats can be run on so I do give Ivory a southpaw's chance of keeping the Jets in this one.

This year I think the Pats go crazy all over the Jets, rain or not they blow `em out.

Anyone starting ivory?

Gods, I hope not.

NE are going to tee up against the run all night, and dare Geno to throw at them in man to man coverage.

The Jets usually look over-matched on paper against NE.

And they usually play much better than the paper-analysis would suggest.

NE's offensive line is completely overmatched by NYJs defensive line.

NE lost MLB Mayo - a captain and the defensive signal caller - and even with Mayo they had trouble against the run.

And while it looks like the rain will subside at/during the game, conditions will be a bit sloppy.

To me, these three things give the Jets a puncher's chance.

If they can run effectively, dominate with their defensive line, and catch a break with a turnover, missed FG or some other bad-conditions related event, they may steal wth "W" and put Patriots fans back into sky-is-falling panic.

Yes, NE deserves to be favored and should win. Yes, they have some problems/challenges right now but the Jets have more and bigger problems.

• Like 1

The Jets usually look over-matched on paper against NE.

And they usually play much better than the paper-analysis would suggest.

NE lost MLB Mayo - a captain and the defensive signal caller - and even with Mayo they had trouble against the run.

And while it looks like the rain will subside at/during the game, conditions will be a bit sloppy.

To me, these three things give the Jets a puncher's chance.

If they can run effectively, dominate with their defensive line, and catch a break with a turnover, missed FG or some other bad-conditions related event, they may steal wth "W" and put Patriots fans back into sky-is-falling panic.

Yes, NE deserves to be favored and should win. Yes, they have some problems/challenges right now but the Jets have more and bigger problems.

Exactly that 9.5 point spread had me puzzled. :dunno: I think this is an overreaction to what both teams did last week, rather than an honest comparison of the matchup.

Edelmen anyone thinking of benching him?

why?

Edelman is Brady's safety valve.

It seems logical to think the Jets D-line will rush Brady hard and force him to get rid of it quick.

And I don't think the weather will be a huge factor.

Anyone think Vereen will see a lot of short passes and decent amount of carries in this weather?

passes? maybe - hard to say how NE will manage their weakness at O-line vs. Jets D-line. IF extra blockers is the approach this will hurt Vereen.

carries? no more than usual, Bolden will likely be Ridley's replacement this week.

why?

Edelman is Brady's safety valve.

It seems logical to think the Jets D-line will rush Brady hard and force him to get rid of it quick.

And I don't think the weather will be a huge factor.

If anyone has a good game tonight, it's going to be Edelman.

Great point Ryan.

I can totally see Jets D line (Wilkerson & Co) causing the Oline fits tonight. ..however, if the O line can allow #12 some time, I think he can pick apart the secondary with Edelman and Gronk. Tom has a history of playing well in crappy conditions too. It'll certainly be interesting on how they use the running backs tonight.

Ivory goes 100+ with at least 1 TD

Ivory owner confirmed.

Also, not going to happen.His production has been sporadic all season, he topped 100 yards on Oakland, who can't stop anyone. NE are the 6th ranked defense and will be going all out tonight to stop the run.

Ivory owner confirmed.

Also, not going to happen.His production has been sporadic all season, he topped 100 yards on Oakland, who can't stop anyone. NE are the 6th ranked defense and will be going all out tonight to stop the run.

Ya, uh, thread title calls for predictions right? I predicted. :dunno:

Ivory is on ZERO of my teams FYI

Ya, uh, thread title calls for predictions right? I predicted. :dunno:

Ivory is on ZERO of my teams FYI

I think Revis is more likely to get 4 interceptions.

Love when I change lineup at last minute. Took Vereen's out last minute after reading here and checking various rankings. Full Ppr and he's already at high score since week one.

who the hell is gray and why did i pick up bolden? wtf was on my mind when i decided to play the new england rb roulette game?

Love when I change lineup at last minute. Took Vereen's out last minute after reading here and checking various rankings. Full Ppr and he's already at high score since week one.

Never swap last minute

Which of my chump RBs do I start this week? Williams NYG, J Bell or Vereen?

Had Bell and Vereen plugged in all day until 8pm. Then said to myself, never trust a Bellichek backfield right? Why did I waste my first waiver on Williams to sit him?

FOCK ME

Too late for predictions?

Vereen blows up.

Good lord, anyone who started him has guts. No brains, but guts. :thumbsup:

I'm gutless too, by the way. :doh:

I was counting on Geno to suck ballz tonight. :wall:

That's usually a given. Going into this game, I would have said damn near lock. He's been decent so far, but still no TDs.

:mad: :cry:

I was counting on Geno to suck ballz tonight. :wall:

Hahh

There's the entire 2nd half for plenty of Rex & Geno phockups...

Ivory just found a horseshoe up his azz,,after that almost lost fumble. It looked as if he wasn't expecting the handoff though..