Sign in to follow this  
Forty Niner Homer

Really ! Vereen yeah

First time I needed him with McCoy on bye and he puts up better numbers than McCoy has all season.

Vereen is hit or miss with BB's mad schemes but with Ridley hurt the NEP backfield is in flux, maybe this is a sign we can count on him more.

Pippin gonna ball the fock out going forward :banana:

I think last night just proves again how much you should not count on any Patriots RB. Sure Vereen had 11 rushes for 43 yards and 5 for 71 and 2 TDs for 23 pts but did you see how bad the offense looked again? They need Gray, Bolden or White to run the ball and Vereen to be sprinkled in there. If the Jets did not suck so bad the Pats would have gotten drilled.

So i wouldnt get too fired up.

I think last night just proves again how much you should not count on any Patriots RB. Sure Vereen had 11 rushes for 43 yards and 5 for 71 and 2 TDs for 23 pts but did you see how bad the offense looked again? They need Gray, Bolden or White to run the ball and Vereen to be sprinkled in there. If the Jets did not suck so bad the Pats would have gotten drilled.

So i wouldnt get too fired up.

Do you even watch your own team? :doh:

Vereen had positive yards on every play until they were trying to run the clock out. Think he had 2 carries for -4 yards. So he had 9 carries for 47 yards before one of those final drives. 5 yards a carry, ran pretty well between and outside the tackles. If anything the Patriots play calling kind of stunk because they should've committed to the run a bit more.

Carries of 4, 17, 6, 4, 2, 6, 3, 1, 6. Any RB is going to have those 1, 2, or 3 yard carries. Vereen looked to be a lot more effective than not.

Ah....the annual dreams and unflappable optimism of NE RB owners.

Ah....the annual dreams and unflappable optimism of NE RB owners.

How many guys lay awake at night, weeping bitterly at what might have been had Belichick acted with any consistency at the RB position (sometimes WR too)?

I usually put the NE RBs on my DND list and laugh maniacally when someone over reaches for one. :thumbsup:

Do you even watch your own team? :doh:

Vereen had positive yards on every play until they were trying to run the clock out. Think he had 2 carries for -4 yards. So he had 9 carries for 47 yards before one of those final drives. 5 yards a carry, ran pretty well between and outside the tackles. If anything the Patriots play calling kind of stunk because they should've committed to the run a bit more.

Carries of 4, 17, 6, 4, 2, 6, 3, 1, 6. Any RB is going to have those 1, 2, or 3 yard carries. Vereen looked to be a lot more effective than not.

I did not say Vereen didnt look good i said, "Sure Vereen had 11 rushes for 43 yards and 5 for 71 and 2 TDs for 23 pts but did you see how bad the offense looked again?"

After looking at the numbers you might have gotten it right. The Patriots have averaged 27.6 rushes a game and 29.3 attempts the last 3 games but only 15 attempts Thursday vs Jets. That does not however mean that he will get the carries going forward that was my point.

If you think Vereen is gonna do anything near this every week, you are insane.

How many guys lay awake at night, weeping bitterly at what might have been had Belichick acted with any consistency at the RB position (sometimes WR too)?

:thumbsup:

OMG! ⬆

How bloody true is that

Do you have any idea how many ?!

Every week !

Like I won the lotto when I watched him

I did not say Vereen didnt look good i said, "Sure Vereen had 11 rushes for 43 yards and 5 for 71 and 2 TDs for 23 pts but did you see how bad the offense looked again?"

After looking at the numbers you might have gotten it right. The Patriots have averaged 27.6 rushes a game and 29.3 attempts the last 3 games but only 15 attempts Thursday vs Jets. That does not however mean that he will get the carries going forward that was my point.

I was referring more when you said no RB should be counted on and that the Patriots need Gray, White or Bolden. I just think Vereen can carry the load more often than not. Of course he'll be spelled from time to time, but he looked good.

I was referring more when you said no RB should be counted on and that the Patriots need Gray, White or Bolden. I just think Vereen can carry the load more often than not. Of course he'll be spelled from time to time, but he looked good.

He did look good but offense didn't.

I must admit I totally lucked out. Had him on my bench but with KBs concussion I flexed him. Now it looks like Kelvin will play. So only the Thursday game forced me to start him.

I still don't trust his consistency.

But he could prove me wrong and have a Tiki Barber like breakout. He certainly has more talent than the others.

I still think he goes down too easily though. He's no Darren Sproles.