Sign in to follow this  
cavern

At this point in the year, rank the rookie wr for dynasty

where do you put them? i'm ranking toward dynasty and keeper leagues - who would you want heading into next year?

i'll guess:

1. benjamin

2. watkins

3. beckham jr

4. cooks

5. adams

6. matthews

7. evans

8. robinson

9. landry

10. brown

I think your top 5 is right on the money, although I could see adams and cooks moving up slightly based on QB play.

I think your top 5 is right on the money, although I could see adams and cooks moving up slightly based on QB play.

who do you think, from the bottom 5, has the most potential to move up the quickest?

Don't sleep on Donte Moncrief with the Colts. He's slowly and quietly starting to get more snaps than the bust that is Hakeem Nicks. He looks dynamic when he has played, but the Colts have a lot of options right now. Next year Nicks is gone and Wayne will be 36. He will be a viable fantasy option next year (at a minimum) and the following year I think he will be a beast. Luck throwing him the ball, with TY on the otherside? He's defenitly a guy I'm stashing for the future.

thanks for the responses so far. it really has, as expected, turned into a deep crop of rookie wr's. i could make an argument for both evans and matthews moving up as, when healthy, they've received a good number of targets and also are physically gifted.

who do you think, from the bottom 5, has the most potential to move up the quickest?

Allen Robinson - Bartles seems to like him

And Id put Adams 3 or 4 (maybe even 2) if GB is unable to lock up and keep Cobb.

1. benjamin - consistent, but never dominant.. solid #2

2. watkins - could be dominant, needs a QB

3. beckham jr - solid W2, don't think he'll ever be a #1

4. cooks - PPR dynamo, needs to get deep, solid #2

5. adams - #2 in GB next year if they move Cobb, solid #2 with Wr1 potential

6. matthews - if Maclin moves on, he will be the best, WR1 potential

7. evans - stud with a shaky QB, move up if Vjax moves on, WR1 potential

8. robinson - solid #2 with potential to be a #1

9. landry - solid W3 with WR2 potential

10. brown - solid W3 with WR2 potential

Surprised so many have Benjamin over Watkins. Benjamin doesn't have the explosive upside that Watkins has. Of this crop, only Watkins has the skill set to be elite, on par with DT, Calvin, aj green, dez etc. Just needs a qb

So why the hell did the Iggles give Cooper a 5 year extension if they're planning on drafting a WR (in this case Matthews)?

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I've got Maclin and Matthews in my dynasty league.

Surprised so many have Benjamin over Watkins. Benjamin doesn't have the explosive upside that Watkins has. Of this crop, only Watkins has the skill set to be elite, on par with DT, Calvin, aj green, dez etc. Just needs a qb

LOL... hardly!

Of this crop Watkins, Matthews, Evans, Adams, Robinson and Moncrief (who wasnt mentioned) all have the potential of being elite. This is the best WR class in a long, long time. I give a slight edge to the guys with elite QBs (Adams & Moncrief) for immediate reward.

However, if Evans, Watkins or Robinson get a real good QB or just a ton of targets then they will shine also.

Great class. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm most impressed with Watkins, Benjamin, and Beckham. The three of them seem to have the blend of presence, quicks, and ball skills that sets up for long term success, but it could just also be that they seem the most NFL-ready right out the gate. Robinson and Evans are close behind them; Evans is almost as much of a tank out there as Benjamin, and Robinson looks super-reliable and versatile, like someone cut from that Reggie Wayne cloth. Cooks seems impressive, but his 8.2 YPR is pretty much league-worst. A guy with his skills should be doing more with the ball, and of all the rookies he seems like he has the greatest risk of following the "very useful NFL player, not so great fantasy player" path.

Davante Adams, I don't know yet. Both he and John Brown could be massive if Cobb and Fitz are on their ways out of GB and Arizona, respectively. Matthews is another guy who hasn't had quite enough exposure yet for me to judge. Going to be watching Moncrief with interest this week. It really is quite a class.

LOL... hardly!

Of this crop Watkins, Matthews, Evans, Adams, Robinson and Moncrief (who wasnt mentioned) all have the potential of being elite. This is the best WR class in a long, long time. I give a slight edge to the guys with elite QBs (Adams & Moncrief) for immediate reward.

However, if Evans, Watkins or Robinson get a real good QB or just a ton of targets then they will shine also.

There's obviously a lot of good wrs in this group. Many will be #1s for their team. I'm just saying I think Watkins is the only one that can put up the type of numbers DT is currently putting up

There's obviously a lot of good wrs in this group. Many will be #1s for their team. I'm just saying I think Watkins is the only one that can put up the type of numbers DT is currently putting up

I think Demaryius Thomas is great and all, but let's not discount that he has the best QB in NFL history throwing to him right now. I think there are 8-10 guys who could be putting up comparable numbers with Manning as their QB. Watkins does seem the closest to the Andre/Julio/AJ/Dez/Demaryius/Megatron prototype right now, though.

Beckham screams Antonio Brown part 2 to me, except with a little more size and strength. I see him as a great number 2 or excellent/unorthodox #1. In New York, with Cruz's injury, he probably leans more towards that #1 slot over the next 2 years or so.

It helps to have that QB... And Watkins does not. Orton/Manuel is certainly not the answer. So, now you need to draft and groom another rookie or trade for someone who can come in and sling it. Both are hard to do.

I will go on record as saying Moncrief will be the next dominant WR from this class. He may not be the best long term, but he has the physical tools as he is basically Julio Jones and he has the young stud QB. He also has an immediate path to starting!

Wayne is done, Nicks will be gone. Next year will be TY Hilton and Moncrief.

1. watkins

2. evans (vjax gone)

3. benjamin

4. beckham

5. m. lee

6. matthews

7. j. brown

8. landry

9. cook

10. adams

11. bonus: latimer in denver...

12. bonus: allen robinson

And the Moncrief train has left the station! Hope you got on before the price hike!

He was drafted in my dynasty league so he was never available.

I currently have John Brown and Martavis Bryant on my dynasty team. I believe they are 2 guys who were probably never drafted but at this point should be owned. They are guys who are leaving the station so grab them before it's too late!

1. Kelvin Benjamin...regardless of offense, this kid is a star.

2. Devante Adams...won't be able to pay Cobb, Adams steps in.

3. Brandin Cooks...Saints offense puts him here.

4. Allen Robinso...young QB/WR chemistry should work for a long time.

5. Odell Beckham...major talent, will become go to guy by next year.

6. Sammy Watkins...talent puts him here, offense holds him back.

7. Jordan Matthews...great offense, room for him and Maclin to flourish.

8. Donte Moncrief...Wayne can't play forever. In steps Moncrief.

9. Mike Evans...no QB will prevent him from being a stud. Buccs have never had a great QB.

10. Martavis Bryant..playing opposite Antonio will give him great match-ups

HM: Cody Latimer, his value will depend on Osweilers progess.

HM: John Brown, major talent developing in Zona.

HM: Jarvis Landry, Phins are overdue for a go to WR, Landry could be the guy.

No love for....

Bobby Richardson. As long as Wilson is QB there is no fantasy value for Seahawks receivers.

Marquise Lee. Robinson has already became the main target in Jaxonville.