Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Will we ever see Latavius Murray this year ?

Any updates on him today... Can't find any

Monday was probably an off day, and being a West coast team today's practice is surely still in session.

Beat writer Steve Corkran of the San Jose Mercury News quoted Sparano in his article yesterday as only saying that Murray was "close, but not there yet."

Playing SF, I don't mind him staying out another week and get back for KC in week 15. (Of course I have a bye, so I'm looking out for me.) honestly, even if I did not have a bye, I would not play Murray this week AG. SF.

Playing SF, I don't mind him staying out another week and get back for KC in week 15. (Of course I have a bye, so I'm looking out for me.) honestly, even if I did not have a bye, I would not play Murray this week AG. SF.

This :thumbsup:

Ya and the Cheifs were suposed to have a stout run D also

KC seems to be weakening as the season progresses, but SF doesn't. We know what the Beast did against KC the first time, so week 15 is all go. If you think his game this week against SF is tasty, have at it. I'm strong enough to play others who have much better match ups.

I have Foster and Boom starting... Looking at flex. Thin pickings from CJ1 ( which I like a lot for week 15 in flex ) Jon Brown and stupid Steve Smith. I think if Murray is a go I may take him. At least he is home and I believe he will be in there in the red zone

I have Foster and Boom starting...

ME TOO! with Murray (latavius) on the bench

but I have Antonio Brown and Hilton at WR

Haha, that's how it ended up after copy/pasting it from Twitter. Fixed.

I know. Just busting 'em :)

roto:

Latavius Murray (concussion) returned to practice Wednesday.

Murray was forced to sit out practice last Friday after he failed his final concussion test. He still hasn't been fully cleared, but is on track to play this week. Murray will be a high-upside RB2/FLEX option against the 49ers if he returns.

this isn't good news for l.murray owners

Raiders coach Tony Sparano told Sirius XM Radio on Wednesday that Latavius Murray will not be utilized as a workhorse down the stretch.

The Raiders are synonymous with losing, and virtually all of their actions continue to reinforce that indisputable notion. We suppose Maurice Jones-Drew might "need more touches," as Sparano hilariously stated earlier in the year. It sounds like Murray will be part of a committee attack with washed-up Jones-Drew, dunzo Darren McFadden, and always-underutilized Marcel Reece. Latavius will be a low-floor, high-ceiling flex play versus San Francisco.

I'd love for Murray to bust another long one to the house on one of his 7 carries, just to confirm the sheer Lombardi-esque genius of Toughguy Sparano.

• Like 1

in order to know if someone is a RB of the future he needs a couple games of 15+ touches

Even the Bolts fan gets it. You're more qualified than our coach.

Well this is why you can't rely on player on bad teams. The NFL's bottom feeders are wore than they were three years ago. Ingram btw had 100 yards rushing against SF, Lynch had 100 all purpose last week. But that article just changed things.

I forgot to start Jeffery so will be relying on Watkins to start(in a blowout in Denver he's likely to get garbage time) because I don't like Mason and FJac this week.

Well this is why you can't rely on player on bad teams. The NFL's bottom feeders are wore than they were three years ago. Ingram btw had 100 yards rushing against SF, Lynch had 100 all purpose last week. But that article just changed things.

I forgot to start Jeffery so will be relying on Watkins to start(in a blowout in Denver he's likely to get garbage time) because I don't like Mason and FJac this week.

There's plenty of reasons not to play Latavius Murray - Raiders stink, 49ers Defense is very solid against the run, Sparano's stubborn RB rotation, etc. -

but........logic also would've dictated sitting Latavius against the thought-to-be-stout Chiefs defense in week 12.

Idk but from what I saw, Latavius just looked nasty! Huge gamble to play him but my scoring system gives bonuses for long distance TDs and he's definitely a home run hitter.

I'm starting Latavius over Jeremy Hill.

• Like 1

PPR or something? DEN is No. 7 against #1 WRs in DVOA, and they only average 52.6 yards/game against DEN (compared to 66.9 for rest of league against #1WRs). Talib may be back this week, and their safety play has improved. Although Mason faces a solid run DEF, he showed well against a better ARI DEF despite limited touches.

There's plenty of reasons not to play Latavius Murray - Raiders stink, 49ers Defense is very solid against the run, Sparano's stubborn RB rotation, etc. -

but........logic also would've dictated sitting Latavius against the thought-to-be-stout Chiefs defense in week 12.

Idk but from what I saw, Latavius just looked nasty! Huge gamble to play him but my scoring system gives bonuses for long distance TDs and he's definitely a home run hitter.

I'm starting Latavius over Jeremy Hill.

Me too, in part for the fun of it (that probably doesn't help you). Only started him in one of two last time (so that I could change my team name to Murrayed for Life and then accuse a future playoff-opponent of being afraid of Murrage...but also because of KC's lower-than-expected DLine performance against RBs, per Football Outsiders). S(anta)F(Clara)'s dline is #18 in the run game, despite their #6 overall ranking in rush defense (again, both based on DVOA from FO ... http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl ).

Also, man, these two teams hate each other, though I'm not sure how much that is true between the players as opposed to the fans (and wasn't it, actually, the Santa Clara fans that were the main problem in preseason?).

Players I'm starting Murray over (league not sigged because it's a stupid league and I only want to win because of how awful it is...but I don't wan to win that badly):

.25ppr, -3 for lost fumbles (!), +1 for TD of 40+, no fractional points (WTF?? This is simply incorrect, but I think it might actually be the default on Yahoo, which is no surprise...)

Crowell, Hill, R.Matthews, and J.Matthews.

-Crow makes more sense than usual because of the -3 for fumbles lost (-1 for fumble; my guess is the intent was -2 for FL, but Yahoo lists a "fumbles lost" penalty and implies that it is the total penalty including the fumble, rather than an add-on to the fumble penalty).

Me too, in part for the fun of it (that probably doesn't help you). Only started him in one of two last time (so that I could change my team name to Murrayed for Life and then accuse a future playoff-opponent of being afraid of Murrage...but also because of KC's lower-than-expected DLine performance against RBs, per Football Outsiders). S(anta)F(Clara)'s dline is #18 in the run game, despite their #6 overall ranking in rush defense (again, both based on DVOA from FO ... http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl ).

Also, man, these two teams hate each other, though I'm not sure how much that is true between the players as opposed to the fans (and wasn't it, actually, the Santa Clara fans that were the main problem in preseason?).

Yeah with the Raiders - when playing either divisional teams or a local foe like SF - you kind of have to throw base statistics out the window. I also think OAK could come out with some fire since they're playing at home and coming off a 50 burger blowout shutout.

And their OL is still getting push. DMC and MJD are just too damn slow to make anything of it. Even in that STL game last week, I was watching the replay of it, and before the game got totally out of hand, there were definitely some drives where the Raiders OL was getting a lot of movement and a lot of running lanes against the STL defensive line. Latavius wiould have really made something of that.

• Like 1

Yeah with the Raiders - when playing either divisional teams or a local foe like SF - you kind of have to throw base statistics out the window. I also think OAK could come out with some fire since they're playing at home and coming off a 50 burger blowout shutout.

And their OL is still getting push. DMC and MJD are just too damn slow to make anything of it. Even in that STL game last week, I was watching the replay of it, and before the game got totally out of hand, there were definitely some drives where the Raiders OL was getting a lot of movement and a lot of running lanes against the STL defensive line. Latavius wiould have really made something of that.

Raider offensive line is young and vastly underrated. With Murray running behind it, people will begin to see it.

I hate you people for almost convincing me to start Murray over Boom :wall:

Just one hit to the head and he could be done

Per Rotowire

Murray (concussion) is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the 49ers.

Spin:

The second-year back passed league protocol early in the week and was able to practice in full both Thursday and Friday, eliminating any doubt as to his availability for Sunday. Prior to suffering the injury in Week 12, Murray rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on just four carries against the Chiefs. The performance has earned Murray a larger share of the touches, but interim coach Tony Sparano suggested he won't take on a true workhorse role just yet, saying Murray is "a guy you have to continue to rotate." Further, CSNBayArea.com reports that Murray has continued to take "lower-team reps" in practice this week, so while it would seem to go against all common sense if he didn't see the lion's share of the touches over Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew, common sense doesn't always apply with the Raiders.

It's just smoke. McFadden will get 5 touches, MJD will get 2 and Murray will get 25+.

You earned a bit of cred on your L. Murray breakout call a couple of weeks ago. Are you willing to stake all that was gained on your above prediction on 25+ carries this week?

I'm really torn as well what to do about Murray. I'm Raider Fan who started him in 2 $ leagues Week 12 but I have no idea what to do this week. For me it comes down to a FLEX spot between him, Jordan Matthews and Martavius. I don't trust The Ricky's Tray Washer (Sporano) to give Murray a significant amount of touches, or do I? But something just tells me he's going to rip the Niners a new YorkHole, so I'm paralyzed with indecision.

I'd go jordan Matthews. With Sherman covering Maclin, I think Sanchez looks for Matthews a lot more. But that is me.

• Like 1

I hate you people for almost convincing me to start Murray over Boom :wall:

Just one hit to the head and he could be done

Are you willing to risk the playoffs on L. Murray or roll with the more consistent but lower ceiling Boom? I wouldn't be comfortable rolling the dice like that.

I'm giving him a shot in some Fanduel match ups though. Combo him with another low price guy and you can load up on other slots.

Seen a few people comment on Chiefs having a stout run D. Just want to dispel that myth. They are looking terrible against the run.

Seen a few people comment on Chiefs having a stout run D. Just want to dispel that myth. They are looking terrible against the run.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see how this beast does against SF because he may have to start for me in week 15 against the struggling Chiefs rushing defense. If he shows he is healthy and is clearly the main man here, I may be targeting him definitely in week 15.

You can never have enough options.

In the past month, RBs on these teams:

Saints

Giants

Redskins

Seahawks

... have piled up 97/447/4.61 YPC on the 9ers.

No Willis, Bowman or Dorsey still, maybe people have just gotten used to that.