Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Ever have this happen in a league?

I'm in a high stakes league with some hilarious douchebags. One particular owner is 1-8 and blames the league waiver wire system for his team. In the league, if a player is dropped by an owner, they are locked until the next waiver wire period. Since it is a higher stakes league, this is done to make sure no team is dropping a player so another owner can pick them up, giving one team a specific advantage. It has always been the rule and works well.

So, the 1-8 guy has been on the waiver wire since 9 pm last night, non-stop. He has picked up every player, then dropped them, just to "show" the league how he can still play a role in the outcome of the league. We've never had this happen and technically, there is no "rule" against it. You would just assume most guys are going to play the role, especially not with only one win to their credit.

The league has discussed what to do, but we're torn. It's a $250 entry fee league. There was nothing officially in the rules to prevent anyone from doing this and I don't know of any league that has this explicitly written into their rules. As I said, you just assume nobody would be this big of a douche. So, how does the league handle it? Some want to ban him, but then others brought up the fact he could try and take us to small claims court for doing something not written into the league bylaws. He has threatened to do this if he is banned, or the league makes any rule changes during the season to stop what he is doing. Obviously he isn't welcome back in the league next year, but how would you handle this guy?

Kick him out. Who cares if its not in the rules? Hes the epitome of a cry baby douche bag. Kick him out, tell him to go fvck himself, and find a new owner next year.

We had an owner pull a douche move because he wasnt happy with his team. We booted him. And he didnt techinically do anything against the rules.

• Like 1

he's my hero

i think the lm should go back and reset all the players on waiver since this dude is circumventing the spirit of the waiver rule

not every rule has to be set in stone for the spirit to be circumvented

We charge for transactions (flat fee of $2). He would have accumulated quite a fee for those shenanigans in our league...

• Like 2

small claims is just that. the guy has no legal leg to stand on. those who make threats are all bark n no bite. Mish needs to lock his team, reset your WW and then start his best available lineup the rest of the season. Post a 'goodbye doosh' pic on the homepage and move on. 11 other guys matter way more.

Love the idea of charging for drops and adds. You can't go back and change this rule so I would lock him for the rest of the year and revers all the waiver moves he made.

I'm going to bring up adding a fee for adds and drops. This would definitely settle the issue. I also posted on the message board about resetting the waiver wire. I doubt the league agrees to do anything until the playoffs begin. At that point his roster is locked and he will be removed from the league for good.

As commish, I instituted a rule that if you attempt to 'churn' the waiver wire, any player that you pick up and drop in same week costs $10, and is also immediately available to be picked up by another team.

• Like 1

So, the 1-8 guy has been on the waiver wire since 9 pm last night, non-stop. He has picked up every player, then dropped them, just to "show" the league how he can still play a role in the outcome of the league.

If I were the commish I would laugh at this dude for acting like a 7 year old, then I would unlock all of the players.

Then I would put in a rule that says if a player is picked up and then dropped again within a certain time period (24 hours maybe) then that player is not locked.

Seriously, grown men throwing temper tantrums. How do they look themselves in the mirror?

Seriously, grown men throwing temper tantrums. How do they look themselves in the mirror?

maybe he's a vampire

Kick him out. Who cares if its not in the rules? Hes the epitome of a cry baby douche bag. Kick him out, tell him to go fvck himself, and find a new owner next year.

We had an owner pull a douche move because he wasnt happy with his team. We booted him. And he didnt techinically do anything against the rules.

This

As you said, the rule exists to stop a team from gaining a competitive edge. It doesn't exist to deny teams any chance at picking up a player.

Make all the players available again, tell him if he doesn't knock that sh*t off, he's gone, and formally change the rule.

regardless of what you do, he's clearly gotten what he wanted: attention, and to make others as irritated as he is.

I wouldn't say a word to him. Don't give him any satisfaction of having upset anybody. Simply lock his team, reset the players, and move on. You can backchannel message the other owners, but don't say a word to him.

Kick him out. Why would anyone in your league want to associate with a guy like that. I'd even refund his money and tell him thanks but you're not interested in that kind of behavior.

If I were the commish I would laugh at this dude for acting like a 7 year old, then I would unlock all of the players.

Then I would put in a rule that says if a player is picked up and then dropped again within a certain time period (24 hours maybe) then that player is not locked.

Exactly commish should be able to override this, change the rule, and tell the owner he won't be invited back next year.

Fock that. Undo the waiver nonsense but keep this clown around. Don't make a big deal of it and then let him think he's coming back next year and then give him the wrong date and location for the draft. Let him spend his summer reading. Think about this jackass showing up for a draft and there is no one there.

• Like 1

Fock that. Undo the waiver nonsense but keep this clown around. Don't make a big deal of it and then let him think he's coming back next year and then give him the wrong date and location for the draft. Let him spend his summer reading. Think about this jackass showing up for a draft and there is no one there.

Haha. I change my reply to this.

you don't need a rule for this kind of crap. you can't put in a rule for everything. some things are just obvious.