Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

A team just released Hillman to pick up Ball!

LOL this is hilarious, I just picked up Anderson, and they guy who scooped Hillman just dumped him for Ball!

Now...would you put a claim in for Hillman next week?

No. . Sounds like he will miss two or so weeks . I would drop Hillman for Ball .

No. . Sounds like he will miss two or so weeks . I would drop Hillman for Ball .

I would say in that case, enjoy the 5 points a game that Ball will get you...

He's not just going to come into the lineup and start blowing up for huge numbers. He won't even post respectable numbers. So does Denver now become a full on RBBC?

Hillman had his chance and he got injured..he is no longer a must hold. CJ is the flavor of the week and it will change again an again.

Yes, if you now have Anderson and Hillman is available, and if you have the roster space, yes def try to pickup Hillman. Why not? Hillman will be back before playoffs and Anderson is the flavor du jour, so why not roster both and see how it the RBBBC shakes out? Don't drop a starter for Hillman, but drop a bench guy, yeah. Why not?

Yes, if you now have Anderson and Hillman is available, and if you have the roster space, yes def try to pickup Hillman. Why not? Hillman will be back before playoffs and Anderson is the flavor du jour, so why not roster both and see how it the RBBBC shakes out? Don't drop a starter for Hillman, but drop a bench guy, yeah. Why not?

I think it shakes out to a 50% Hillman 25%Ball / 25% Anderson RBBC with J. Thomson getting occasional short-yardage carries. For some reason Fox just loves Ball, and won't let him fall completely out of the mix.

Of course one bad fumble or missed block assignment for any of these guys could significantly impact their carries.

Ball is the one to own for the next few weeks. When Hillman is back it is RB hell.

Note: I own Hillman and passed on CJ.

Ball is the one to own for the next few weeks. When Hillman is back it is RB hell.

Note: I own Hillman and passed on CJ.

I couldn't bring myself to pick up Ball again after living through that once. I'd sooner flex a WR or TE rather than start him again.

Anderson made bank last week on limited carries (13 Carries, 4 REC), granted it was the Raiders Defense but still...that's hard to ignore.

I couldn't bring myself to pick up Ball again after living through that once. I'd sooner flex a WR or TE rather than start him again.

Anderson made bank last week on limited carries (13 Carries, 4 REC), granted it was the Raiders Defense but still...that's hard to ignore.

It is not hard to ignore RB production against the Raiders. See Lynch, Oliver, etc...

• Like 2

Everyone looks good against Oakland.... That said, Anderson is 5'8 and 224 pounds. He isn't the swiftest of runners. Why the Broncos aren't trying to use a speedy pass catching back seems stupid to me. Ball and Anderson are both grinders who break the occasional 6 to 10 yard carry (except against Oakland). While I think Hillman is a better fit for their offense, I see the bulk of the carries going to Ball once he's healthy. For my reasoning, see the Carolina Panthers under Fox. He is a very loyal guy, whether that is right or wrong..... He drafted Ball and did so early enough that he's going to give him every opportunity to succeed. I don't think he's going to succeed, but whatever. lol He ruined most of my fantasy teams this year, so I'm a bit biased.

So, to some up this thread: DaBeerz is high on Hillman, not so much on Anderson, and sees Ball as just this side of a dumpster fire.

Thanks!

You definitely ignore that. It was the Raiders. The coaches saw CJ all preseason & season and decided he was the 3rd or 4th best RB on the team. Due to injuries he got a surprisingly large number of carries against Oakland. Oakland is awful against the run and didn't gameplan for the RB who ended up going against them.

• Like 1

I think it shakes out to a 50% Hillman 25%Ball / 25% Anderson RBBC with J. Thomson getting occasional short-yardage carries. For some reason Fox just loves Ball, and won't let him fall completely out of the mix.

Of course one bad fumble or missed block assignment for any of these guys could significantly impact their carries.

Manning is the voice that matters. He runs that offense. Now look at his history and find a time that he had a RBBC like that. Ball was doing nothing and still getting 70% of the reps. Somebody is going to be the main guy. I agree with you that I think it will be Hillman once he is back. For now it is a toss up but if Ball is healthy I would lean toward him.

I'm holding Hillman.

I'm not sure why aside from the fact that I sort of partied through/slept through my WW pickup... so I missed CJA and Ball (both of whom I've already held and cut this year). Then again neither had me really motivated.

I would have liked to have picked up Ball because I think he will get the carries, but at the same time I originally believed in CJA and picked him up first ahead of Hillman a few weeks back.I have always been a big CJA fan and it was great to see him explode against Oakland and I was not surprised (aside from Hillman's injury). Of course those points should have been Hillman's.

I had owned Ball before too and actually traded for him. I have been focusing on that Denver run game all year (well after the draft).

So Hillman will miss this week but maybe he comes back in two. The risk will be if Ball or CJA do well in the interim; but then again both could falter, Ball for his running and CJA for his blocking/patterns, or they could both split the duties.

So, to some up this thread: DaBeerz is high on Hillman, not so much on Anderson, and sees Ball as just this side of a dumpster fire.

Thanks!

Thanks for stopping in with your well reasoned opinion. You know what they say about those. :shocking:

Thanks for stopping in with your well reasoned opinion. You know what they say about those. :shocking:

In his defense you did start a thread titled "A team just released Hillman to pick up Ball!", as if people should care about this earth shattering news.

Of course, the end discussion of Bronco backs is a good topic in general. I just dropped Hillman to pick up Bryce Brown in a league that I'm 5-5 in and can't wait for Hillman to get healthy. I kept Ball as I may need to play him this week in as well, in addition to Brown now that F-Jax is likely out. We are limited to 6 RBs in this league...I certainly would've dropped someone else if that wasn't the case.

LOL this is hilarious, I just picked up Anderson, and they guy who scooped Hillman just dumped him for Ball!

Now...would you put a claim in for Hillman next week?

No, why would I? He is out for 2-3 weeks and when he returns, can you say time share?

• Like 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Ronnie Hillman's foot injury could cost him up to six weeks.
Schefter says the timetable on Hillman is 2-6 weeks, as the foot injury has proved more severe than initially believed. Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Broncos will continue to "ride the hot hand," with C.J. Anderson starting against the Rams, but Montee Ball and Juwan Thompson both mixing into the backfield.

Per Rotoworld.

IMO safe to dump him; especially if you need the roster space.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Ronnie Hillman's foot injury could cost him up to six weeks.

Schefter says the timetable on Hillman is 2-6 weeks, as the foot injury has proved more severe than initially believed. Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Broncos will continue to "ride the hot hand," with C.J. Anderson starting against the Rams, but Montee Ball and Juwan Thompson both mixing into the backfield.

Per Rotoworld.

IMO safe to dump him; especially if you need the roster space.

Thanks for the update I can see a healthy dose of Anderson in the mix even though he didn't produce today he got all the carries.

Thanks for the update I can see a healthy dose of Anderson in the mix even though he didn't produce today he got all the carries.

Bold prediction