Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Bryce Brown

Well-well-well.....it's been two whole years since the original hype train departed on its virgin expedition to fantasy parts unknown. Perhaps you remember?

It was 11/26/2012 when Brown stepped onto the field as a rookie against Carolina as an Eagle. Thrust into action by injury, he proceeded to go off for 19/178/2 &4/11/0. Perhaps a mirage? Well, the next week against Dallas he posted a 24/169/2 & 4/14/0 stat line.

The next coming of Sanders? Not so much....he also had three fumbles during those two games, all of which were lost. This basically sunk him. However, fast-forward two years and he has another chance to reclaim hype-status as a Bill, with Fragile Freddy likely out and only Jugs Dixon as competition.

But what about the fumbilitis? Well, here's a little known fact: Before the unfortunate lost fumble at the goal line last week, he had touched the ball 135 times without a fumble, lost or otherwise.

Anybody on the train tonight?

Dixon is the big ?, they'll give him carries and he seems to be the "main" guy of sorts. I don't see the RBBC situation in Buffalo changing any time soon.

Opponent is starting him against me and anytime I face a Thur player he has 25+. Lynch wk1, eli on his 5 td night, hilton when he had 200 yards, and vereen when he had 2 tds. So start with confidence.

I like this match-up for Bryce...Miami's run D is stout. His pass catching ability should allow him to stay more involved and keep Dixon sidelined.

No

How is MIA's run Def?

I'm thinking about plugging Bryce in my lineup ahead of Rashad this week.

They're ranked 10th overall against the rush.

I like this match-up for Bryce...Miami's run D is stout. His pass catching ability should allow him to stay more involved and keep Dixon sidelined.

This. He should catch a few balls at least.

7 for 57 receiving ... okay! Six rushes for 12 yards ... ehh ...

Yeah, he had a couple of runs for losses that really hurt him. Serviceable in ppr, I suppose.

I started him as a rb2 with shoelace on a by and he got me 14 points which is 2 more than projected and more than west is projected this week. I will take that happily.

If you faced him or started him (in some kind of ppr scoring) you are neither happy or unhappy. Whole situation was a push this week.

If you faced him or started him (in some kind of ppr scoring) you are neither happy or unhappy. Whole situation was a push this week.

Agreed.....in fact, the entire game was not very fantasy friendly.

Agreed.....in fact, the entire game was not very fantasy friendly.

Miami D/ST was good. Buffalo D/ST was OK. Tannehill was passable.

I disagree. with bye week problems and the choice between a bipolar browns running game and bryce brown catching balls out of the backfield 14 points in a ppr is ne of the better outcomes seeing as how yahoo projects most starting rbs to score 18 or less.

with the likes of Mckinnon, West, Riddick, Sims, Ball on my roster, I am stoked to get 17.4 pts from Brown any day (PPR with 1/25 return, I didnt know he returned kicks)

I have had a starting RB on like every Thurs it seems get skunked

with the likes of Mckinnon, West, Riddick, Sims, Ball on my roster, I am stoked to get 17.4 pts from Brown any day (PPR with 1/25 return, I didnt know he returned kicks)

I have had a starting RB on like every Thurs it seems get skunked

17 points from that garbage night ?

I'd revisit your scoring system in the off season

17 points from that garbage night ?

I'd revisit your scoring system in the off season

PPR really does add value to guys who are scrubs.

7 rec, and I assume 1 pt/10 yards rushing/rec, he had 96 all purpose yards.

He was far more pedestrian in other leagues, scoring only 7 points.

One of these Buff RBs has some great match ups coming up for playoff weeks 15 & 16. I think/hope it's Jackson against GB and Oak.

I was waiting for last night to determine if Bryce stays or gets dropped. 17.4 points means he stays for another week or so. Can't have enough RB depth.

Ok. I know some of you saw those "magic games" a couple years ago:

I can't forget either. Seems the Bills plan was to make him the feature back and let Spiller go next year.

What's not to like? He's fumbled a couple times?

He's shown a lot of potential, in real NFL games. Passes the eyeball test with flying colors.if you got Bryce Brown recentlty, kudos. Good move. He has a future in Buffalo.

My system has two waiver period per week. FAAB, couple weeks ago. First period one week, I forget who people were going crazy for, but my opponent was weak at WR and TE. I was not, but there were some guys I did not want him to play. So first period, I snagged those guys. Second period I waived them, for the guys I really wanted, one of those guys being Bryce Brown. There was a huge bidding war for him, then he did bad and going into a bye, was waived and ignored. I was stoked to pick him up for almost nothing.

In another league, I drafted him and have never waived him. Thats how much I like Bryce Brown.

"Slashing" is the word that comes to mind with double B. He will cut you up. I like the kid a lot. Glad he doesn't play for Philly anymore.

"Slashing" is the word that comes to mind with double B. He will cut you up. I like the kid a lot. Glad he doesn't play for Philly anymore.

However, his fumbling is a killer. He lost the Bills-KC game with his fumble. I believe he fumbled three times in one game as an Eagle.

Miami D/ST was good. Buffalo D/ST was OK. Tannehill was passable.

??? I used Buffalo and my opponent had Miami. I scored 10, he had 8. Miami held them to 9 points, but Buffalo had the sacks/fumbles to come on top of the fantasy battle.

However, his fumbling is a killer. He lost the Bills-KC game with his fumble. I believe he fumbled three times in one game as an Eagle.

The fumble he had against KC was his first in 135 carries. The 3 fumble game seared an image of him as fumble prone into the minds of the ff community. He is going to take over as the cj spiller role for the bills and in a ppr that makes him worth 10 to 20 points a game based on his ability to catch and turn on his jets.

The fumble he had against KC was his first in 135 carries. The 3 fumble game seared an image of him as fumble prone into the minds of the ff community. He is going to take over as the cj spiller role for the bills and in a ppr that makes him worth 10 to 20 points a game based on his ability to catch and turn on his jets.

When Fred Jackson retires, maybe....if he is still around.

even with fred jackson he is still going to have the same role as he did this week. Jackson is going to pound the ball and brown is going to catch it.

even with fred jackson he is still going to have the same role as he did this week. Jackson is going to pound the ball and brown is going to catch it.

Jackson is very good at pass catching too. Yes?

Jackson is very good at pass catching too. Yes?

he is but the bills seem intent on running a 2 back system no matter who is the pounder and who is the catcher.

he is but the bills seem intent on running a 2 back system no matter who is the pounder and who is the catcher.

Yeah, this does seem true. Here are my final thoughts on this matter- I didn't trust CJ Spiller, I won't trust Brown! But you make a good case for Brown in a PPR league. It does sound like he is a sure double digits guy in that. I'm not in a PPR league so this is moot with me.

Yeah, this does seem true. Here are my final thoughts on this matter- I didn't trust CJ Spiller, I won't trust Brown! But you make a good case for Brown in a PPR league. It does sound like he is a sure double digits guy in that. I'm not in a PPR league so this is moot with me.

I think hes Reggie Bush type guy from 2013

actually have him ahead of Sproles, same type of back, but seems Brown will get more touches on O than Sproles

??? I used Buffalo and my opponent had Miami. I scored 10, he had 8. Miami held them to 9 points, but Buffalo had the sacks/fumbles to come on top of the fantasy battle.

Different League scoring I guess. Is 10 points a good d/st score in your league?