Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Diversify or roll with same player in multiple leagues?

So I got this phobia about starting the same player in multiple leagues. Typically I like diversifying across my two leagues picking different defenses, kickers, or starting different RBs/WRs unless it's a stud player or a no brainer matchup.

This week's panic attack is brought on by starting Ryan Mathews and ODB Jr. in both leagues. Both should be fine but the thought of Mathews being limited or ODB coming back down to Earth while facing my two mortal enemies in both leagues has me sh!tting a brick. Totally illogical but hey, it's FF.

:dunno:

That type of dilemma is why I only play in one league.

That said, you should start the best players in your lineups regardless of what you have going on in other leagues. That's the gambler's dilemma you want to mitigate your risk across all leagues.

Just depends on the draft. It is not likely that you end up with teams looking the same. Some leagues are family style...some work friends...some die hard football fanatics. I like to have a mix of people in different leagues. Gotta take the best values that come in the drafts... then work the wire hard.

One thing interesting being in 3 leagues is that some leagues watch the wire close some snooze and let some great value go by. I always tend to work the wire hard like most folks on this bored. If I miss a great waiver pick up in one league, I may be able to get it in the other... makes nfl season interesting.

Anyway to answer the OP... take best value available at the time...always.

I love when people say..."These fantasy football people aren't true fans... I don't know how they can root for a player instead of a team"

I say very easily! I love fantasy football and would not be half as interested in half the nfl teams if it weren't for fantasy football.

Take away fantasy football and the NFL loses 30% of its fandom.

So I got this phobia about starting the same player in multiple leagues. Typically I like diversifying across my two leagues picking different defenses, kickers, or starting different RBs/WRs unless it's a stud player or a no brainer matchup.

This week's panic attack is brought on by starting Ryan Mathews and ODB Jr. in both leagues. Both should be fine but the thought of Mathews being limited or ODB coming back down to Earth while facing my two mortal enemies in both leagues has me sh!tting a brick. Totally illogical but hey, it's FF.

:dunno:

What !

I no longer play in multiple leagues but when I did I would avoid having the same players on both rosters starting from the draft. Avoid doesn't mean I completely remove them from the draft sheet, they would have to fall well below ADP for me to take them in the second league.

I no longer play in multiple leagues but when I did I would avoid having the same players on both rosters starting from the draft. Avoid doesn't mean I completely remove them from the draft sheet, they would have to fall well below ADP for me to take them in the second league.

I wish I had taken that approach with Ball! Took him in 3/5 leagues. There has to be a good alternate choice available for this strategy to be palatable.

Cancel out theory in multiple leagues!

Overthinking it brosef.

Like I said, illogical.

I just hate it when a player gets hurt or doesn't produce then I have a zero for that spot in both leagues.

How the hell do people play in just one league? I'd be bored to tears with only one team.....though my blood pressure would be a lot lower.

No less than 3 leagues for me, but no more than 5.

If the players are close in rankings/talent, I say diversify to keep it interesting. Only use the same guys if it's a no brainer, like you said.

I play in 6 leagues.....all multi-year redrafts. Each year, I always have players I target in drafts, so often end up with the same players in multiple leagues. I also often end up picking up the same guys off the wire that I like. This year is no exception.

I never worry about it, however. I will go down in flames or reach the Ship playing with guys that I chose.

Examples would be some guys off the Waiver Wire. Rivera (TE Oakland) Mathews (RB San Deigo) (Beckham WR NYG).

Beckham NOW is a no brainer. Mathews SEEMS like a no brainer (way back machine from last year) but rolling with guys like Rivera scare the sh!t out of me although I did last week and it paid off.

Defenses too; some are home runs (like Baltimore hosting Tenn. last week) but some weeks the gut feeling is NOT to put all my eggs in one basket.

Im not judging but...ive never really understood how it is fun being in so many leagues. I realize you target a lot of the same players in all leagues but doesnt get a bit fuzzy keeping track of who to root for? Maybe im just a simple man with my one simple league....

Im not judging but...ive never really understood how it is fun being in so many leagues. I realize you target a lot of the same players in all leagues but doesnt get a bit fuzzy keeping track of who to root for? Maybe im just a simple man with my one simple league....

Some people like the action (money) or want to avoid feeling down if your sole team is sucking.

I have a money league and the work league. It seems I'm always facing players that I have in my other league. Bitter sweet.

Some people like the action (money) or want to avoid feeling down if your sole team is sucking.

I have a money league and the work league. It seems I'm always facing players that I have in my other league. Bitter sweet.

This. I view it as playing the stock market in the sense you're diversifying your portfolio. The 1st couple rounds tend to be different due to draft position.

Also, the different groups of people you play in makes it fun. I have a work league, family & friends league, dynasty leagues with FFT members who are all pretty smart, rich guys who have no clue & like to gamble league, etc.

Usually have a couple dominant teams some average ones who limp into the playoffs & some that flat out suck. If there was only one league & it completely bombed, I'd lose interest by week 8 more than likely.

At the top of the draft, first 5 rounds you really do need to diversify...

after that if you like a guy, go with it. If you can't trust your own assessment of talent then you probably suck a t fantasy anyway....

I ahve gronk in 3 out of 4 leagues

I also have gerhardt in 3 out of 4 (thankfully that turned into Denard in 2 of the 4)

I have the lions and phlillyh in every league. works well.

however my starting quarterbacks are brees, manning p., rodgers, and RG3/Romo

I have A. Brown, Demaryius, (X2), Marshall, and Djax as my best wideouts

- Tuesday night draft, took Manny Sanders around the 4/5 turn :banana:

- Wednesday night draft, same spot, passed Manny for Cruz ... to 'diversfy' :wall:

fockin' libtard buzzwords have no place in the magik foosball game :nono:

You guys are confusing the subject. It's not about diversifying your draft; it's about diversifying your lineups across multiple leagues. I'm mainly talking about when I grab players off the WW, I'm hesitant to start them in both leagues.

One of these days I'm not going to roll with draft buddy and screw myself with all the same sucky players in every league :mad: